Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions

Old 07-21-2015, 11:39 AM   #21
SushamiBoy
Minors (Triple A)

Hey Cole!

I may be blind and missed it but I how did the goaltenders do? I remember in real life when the first year for example, the only goaltender for the Sharks, out of like the 4 or 5 that played that year, had an GAA of under 4. They had a better offence than your teams though.

Also, does expansion occur before or after the draft in subsequent seasons? Again using the Sharks as an example, their leading scorer was Pat Falloon that first year (oddly enough a point total he would never match). Feels like teams after the first season would truly benefit if they got to participate in the NHL Draft on top of the Expansion Draft.

I looked up the other expansions. By contrast I dunno how much Hamrlik helped TB year one. Yashin chose to stay in Russia for year one Ottawa. Kariya never played for the year one Mighty Ducks. Rob Neidermayer was kind of a bust for Florida. Nashville: Legwand played 1 game year one but was a staple there for most of his career. Atlanta: Patrick Stefan played but is widely seen as a total bust. Minnesota: Marian Gaborik which was their second best scorer and played a huge part in their history. Finally Columbus: Klesla, not much impact year 1. The point is that some of those first drafts impacted those teams in the long run with franchise players, or total busts.

The one common trait was bad goaltending, except Florida got Beezer. Are the players for the year 1 expansion set in stone or is there a certain degree of randomness? Would not expanding day one give the possibility of better player selection, like another Vanbiesbrook?

Sorry for the long post, EXCITED!!!

Last edited by SushamiBoy; 07-21-2015 at 11:40 AM.
SushamiBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 01:51 PM   #22
Cole
Hall Of Famer

I will get you guys those answers ASAP, I am currently away from my computer and the game for a couple days.
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 07:10 PM   #23
Jonesey
Minors (Double A)

My suggestion would be to add the +/- to the stats page there.
Jonesey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 01:34 AM   #24
Joe Canadian
All Star Starter

I noticed that the person who ran the game for the blog post decided to place both expansion franchises in the Western Conference. I'm wondering if this was a choice or if there are league structure limitations that forced this.

Bringing this expansion scenario into the real world for a second, it's entirely likely that the NHL ends up with uneven and odd numbered leagues after expansion is complete, if it happens. I know in our little fictional worlds we create it's easy to move Columbus or Detroit back West to even things out, but I don't think the NHL would consider doing that given the rationale when they moved them East.

Thanks, and really looking forward to the game!

Fan of the Blue Jays, Maple Leafs, IceCaps, Lakers, and Broncos.
Joe Canadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 06:02 AM   #25
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Canadian View Post
I noticed that the person who ran the game for the blog post decided to place both expansion franchises in the Western Conference. I'm wondering if this was a choice or if there are league structure limitations that forced this.

!
I had the option to put them in any division but it did as default option have it for the option you see to completely balance the divisions. But yes every division was available for expansion. I ran a test fictional sim where it started as an 18-team, 9 and 9 league.. I expanded it twice and both times put the teams in the same division in order to test.

Aside from the new inequality in the league with one conference having a much harder time making the playoffs, I didn't see any adverse impacts.
Old 07-22-2015, 06:21 AM   #26
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

I thought that expansion was only available with the NHL,AHL and ECHL?
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 10:10 AM   #27
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles1966 View Post
I thought that expansion was only available with the NHL,AHL and ECHL?
In terms of real life leagues, NHL (and affiliates) only. You can expand in fictional.
Old 07-22-2015, 10:19 AM   #28
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Cole. View Post
In terms of real life leagues, NHL (and affiliates) only. You can expand in fictional.
OK-cool. Thanks for the information.
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 05:28 PM   #29
Jayrome
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Very nice!

Will there be automatic league evolution available like in OOTP baseball where the game automatically holds expansion drafts and other events?
Jayrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 07:01 PM   #30
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayrome View Post
Very nice!

Will there be automatic league evolution available like in OOTP baseball where the game automatically holds expansion drafts and other events?
No, this is not a feature for FHM 2.
Old 07-23-2015, 07:44 AM   #31
G-Nuke
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
No, this is not a feature for FHM 2.

It is for historical play, no?
G-Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 11:12 AM   #32
PortoMarco
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Hi Cole,

Just making sure you do not forget my query.

How did Quebec do against their traditional rivals - Toronto, Montreal, Buffalo & Boston.

Cheers
PortoMarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 12:33 PM   #33
Blaizze
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesey View Post
My suggestion would be to add the +/- to the stats page there.
Just came to ask about that.

With the two teams, one shows +/- ratings and the other doesn't

They are on the same screen / area of the game it appears though.
Blaizze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 01:29 PM   #34
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Nuke View Post
It is for historical play, no?
Right, but the way the question was phrased I thought he meant these things (and others) happening at random as is how it works in OOTP.
Old 07-23-2015, 01:32 PM   #35
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortoMarco View Post
Hi Cole,

Just making sure you do not forget my query.

How did Quebec do against their traditional rivals - Toronto, Montreal, Buffalo & Boston.

Cheers
Hi,

I didn't forget, there were just a couple questions I had to put off (one about goalie stats too) as I was at the hospital without access to the game (birth of my second child! We are home now and just getting settled and I will once again have access to FHM2 and be able to get you guys quick answers. I will get back to you on this sometime tonight.
Old 07-23-2015, 02:33 PM   #36
Penfold75
Major Leagues

Quote:
Hi,

I didn't forget, there were just a couple questions I had to put off (one about goalie stats too) as I was at the hospital without access to the game (birth of my second child! We are home now and just getting settled and I will once again have access to FHM2 and be able to get you guys quick answers. I will get back to you on this sometime tonight.
Congratulations Cole and family. Welcome to the world our newest FHM2 forum member
Penfold75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 02:40 PM   #37
geckon
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Hi,

Big congratulations, Cole!
Old 07-23-2015, 02:55 PM   #38
SushamiBoy
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Hi,

Congrats good sir!! Take the time you need for my goalie stats and the draft question. Thanks for remembering it though, I appreciate it! Best of luck to you and your family.
SushamiBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 03:13 PM   #39
Smetana
All Star Starter

Quote:
Hi,

Warmest congrats, friend!
Old 07-23-2015, 04:45 PM   #40
Duranium
All Star Starter

Quote:
Hi,

¡Felicidades!

"Surrendering to the glory of music
is a good thing."

David Mancuso 1944-2016

Duranium is offline   Reply With Quote