Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 06-20-2015, 09:45 PM   #1
Pigmustachegamr
Bat Boy

Fictional League Update #0?: Intro

I've seen things like this before, where people do fictional leagues and update them regularly on the forums. So I wanted to try this too. I have created a 40 team league, 2 subleagues, 4 divisions per subleague, and 5 teams per division.

So my plan with this is to have daily updates, containing a news report-type thing, bringing the people that read this a daily update (Every day will be a week in the game, so it will be sort of like a "Week in review" for the league). The team I am controlling is the Dallas Weasels. I went offensive heavy on the draft, while the rest of league went VERY pitching heavy. I have 2 good starters, and the rest are lack-luster, while the rest of the league have 3 or 4 starting pitchers that are opening day caliber. This season I won't be doing preseason predictions, but for season 2, I will be.

Thanks!

By the way, if you have any questions, opinions, or requests, please tell me!

Last edited by Pigmustachegamr; 06-20-2015 at 09:49 PM.
Pigmustachegamr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 10:19 PM   #2
Pigmustachegamr
Bat Boy

OOFBL Weekly News Update: Both sides of The Game Shine In First Week

The First week of the season saw multiple people prove what they can do on the baseball diamond, and we already reached milestones.

The first milestone hit was Pepe Estrada of the Corona Stealth throwing the leagues first ever no-hitter. He walked 2 and struck out 5 in his amazing performance against the Garland Whiskeyjacks. Corona Right Fielder Raul Mesa, when asked about Pepe's performance, said "The kid was locked in all night. We could all see from the get-go man. It was crazy the way he worked the hitters. I'm proud of the kid."

The other milestone reached was the first ever 5-5 hitting performance, achieved by Jorge Puemape of the Anchorage Curve. When asked about what his mindset was during the game, he replied with "I just went out there and tried to do the best I could to put bat on ball. Simple as that. No magic needed."

In his 5-5 performance, he hit 3 singles, a double, and a Home Run.

In my opinion, the greatest performance, and with that the most unexpected performance, came out of the Dallas Weasels. They went 6-1, which is tied for the league's best record, but what was surprising was the starting pitching with a 2.28 ERA combined. The bullpen also shined with a 1.69 ERA. Great starts by the back end of the rotation contributed to the success of the rotation, but only time will tell if they can hold it down.

Now, it's time for the "Hot or Not" portion of the news update. This will be where I give my 3 hottest players of the week, and my 3 coldest players of the week.

My 3 Hot Players are:
Merijn Akker SP Anchorage Curve {14.1 IP, 2 GS, 2-0, 1.26 ERA, 9 K's}
Brian Wadell MR Columbus Silkworms {7.1 IP, 4 G, 1-0, 0.00 ERA, 1 H}
Antonio Lopez LF Las Vegas Flying Tigers {.524 Avg, 5 HR's, 11 RBI's, 2.014 OPS}

My 3 Cold Players are:
Jesus Gomez 1B Ft. Lauderdale Impact {7 G, .107 Avg, 3-28 H-AB, 11 K's}
Estacio Spinelli CF Aurora Valiants {7 G, .061 Avg, 2-33 H-AB, 10 K's, -0.6 WAR}
Jim Brown SP Colorado Springs Fighting Knights {2 GS, 0-2, 5.0 IP, 9 ER, 16.20 ERA}

Thank you for reading the first ever OOFBL News Update! Be ready for an update at 6 PM EST Monday-Thursday and 1 PM EST Friday-Saturday (Dates may be subject to change)
Old 06-21-2015, 12:16 AM   #3
Izz
Hall Of Famer

Hey Pigmustachegamr, welcome to the forums!

The best place to put reports like this is the OOTP Dynasty Reports Forum. It'll get far more traffic there than here, and everybody will know it's a game report rather than a request for help or a discussion topic

A brief history of the Australia-New Zealand Baseball League (AUNZBL 2019-2119)--A Dynasty Report
The National Penterham Four-Bases Association--A Dynasty Report
Izz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 12:51 AM   #4
Pigmustachegamr
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izz View Post
Hey Pigmustachegamr, welcome to the forums!

The best place to put reports like this is the OOTP Dynasty Reports Forum. It'll get far more traffic there than here, and everybody will know it's a game report rather than a request for help or a discussion topic
Thanks man. I'm new to the forums, and I didn't know that until you told me. I would like to thank you a lot!
Old 06-21-2015, 12:55 AM   #5
Izz
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigmustachegamr View Post
Thanks man. I'm new to the forums, and I didn't know that until you told me. I would like to thank you a lot!
No worries at all! Glad to have you here

A brief history of the Australia-New Zealand Baseball League (AUNZBL 2019-2119)--A Dynasty Report
The National Penterham Four-Bases Association--A Dynasty Report
Izz is offline   Reply With Quote