Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts

Old 03-28-2011, 09:30 PM   #501
Kronos
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by PvtButz View Post
So, this set never made it? I wonder if Cubby was secretly asked to cease and desist since a new roster set so close to the release of OOTP12 might discourage people from buying the newest edition? Just a thought.
Might not be as crazy as one might think.
Kronos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 05:56 AM   #502
Chicagofan76
Banned

Infractions: 2/2 (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigey75 View Post
Maybe he's just like the real Cubs....you know, disappears from the radar for years at a time....then has a brief flash of greatness only to let down all of his fans in the end.
Real life Cubs usually show up from January until the end of April then u dont hear from them again the rest of the yr.
Chicagofan76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 04:20 PM   #503
BMD
All Star Reserve

A roster set, a roster set, my kingdom for a roster set!
BMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 04:23 PM   #504
Kammich
Minors (Single A)

Well, no offense to Cubby, but I'm so glad I didn't "wait" on these.

I started with his 2010 set with the Rays, and just simmed my first year. Once there, I stopped and editted the 2010 draft about 5-6 rounds deep (not necessarily the first 6 rounds of picks, but the top 5-6 players for each org. based on my own opinions and research from about the web in addition to discluding those who did not sign with their teams--i.e. if there was a 12th round talent who signed above slot, I likely editted him in and drafted him to his respective team).

After that, I let the offseason playout on its own. I gave up hope on having a perfect roster, or perfect free agency.... if these come out, OOTP12 is nearing so it would soon be redundant, I figured. Might as well just have fun. And some interesting things happened. Raffy Soriano signed in New York. Cliff Lee joined him, as opposed to signing with Philly (the money was pretty similar to the Phil's real life deal, though).

When I got to 2011, I editted about 2 rounds of top draft prospects, but left some players out on purpose. I'm in 2012, approaching the draft, and in the midst of editting in some from 2011 I left out or intentionally forgot, and anything I can find about the 2012 draft class.

I won't bug with the 2013 draft at all, though.

Honestly, for all of the waiting, it's more fun to just play the game and do it on your own terms. I did this before, and editted up to 2012 as well, only I started with the default 2009 OOTP10 roster file. It was nice to at least have an updated roster with Cubby's 2010 opening day rosters.

I just hope OOTP12 comes out soon. I really would like to play before a million moves are made in real life, unless there are plans on a continuing roster update service of sorts (that isn't a fan mod, not that I dislike those or anything!).
Old 04-04-2011, 06:04 PM   #505
Chicagofan76
Banned

Infractions: 2/2 (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kammich View Post
Well, no offense to Cubby, but I'm so glad I didn't "wait" on these.

I started with his 2010 set with the Rays, and just simmed my first year. Once there, I stopped and editted the 2010 draft about 5-6 rounds deep (not necessarily the first 6 rounds of picks, but the top 5-6 players for each org. based on my own opinions and research from about the web in addition to discluding those who did not sign with their teams--i.e. if there was a 12th round talent who signed above slot, I likely editted him in and drafted him to his respective team).

After that, I let the offseason playout on its own. I gave up hope on having a perfect roster, or perfect free agency.... if these come out, OOTP12 is nearing so it would soon be redundant, I figured. Might as well just have fun. And some interesting things happened. Raffy Soriano signed in New York. Cliff Lee joined him, as opposed to signing with Philly (the money was pretty similar to the Phil's real life deal, though).

When I got to 2011, I editted about 2 rounds of top draft prospects, but left some players out on purpose. I'm in 2012, approaching the draft, and in the midst of editting in some from 2011 I left out or intentionally forgot, and anything I can find about the 2012 draft class.

I won't bug with the 2013 draft at all, though.

Honestly, for all of the waiting, it's more fun to just play the game and do it on your own terms. I did this before, and editted up to 2012 as well, only I started with the default 2009 OOTP10 roster file. It was nice to at least have an updated roster with Cubby's 2010 opening day rosters.

I just hope OOTP12 comes out soon. I really would like to play before a million moves are made in real life, unless there are plans on a continuing roster update service of sorts (that isn't a fan mod, not that I dislike those or anything!).

this is a great set for finding draft picks

2010 MLB Draft Results | MLB Draft Results | 2010 MLB Amateur Draft Results
Chicagofan76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 11:22 PM   #506
CubbyFan23
Hall Of Famer

Without reading through all of the comments, but just some, I probably deserved a lot of them. Long story short; I fried the computer I was working on rosters on, which in turn fried me from wanting to get back to business. No excuse to not give a status update, looking back now I should have just explained that, but I was just kind of done with the entire project at that point and I knew it would inevitably raise some questions about if I was being truthful, etc. that I didn't want to deal with at the time. I know that's hard to understand, but after putting hours upon hours on the project, just to have it go up in smoke, my attitude was a bit of "eff it."

Anyway, to those who were waiting, I hope I didn't cause any undue stress or cause any hernias. I might give things another shot next year, but I promise I'll keep the whole project under wraps until things are well underway. No need to get everyone worked up when a project was as far out as it was this year.

Hope everyone has been well. The break has been nice and really to help recharge my batteries. Excited about OOTP12 and seeing what the team came up with. Once again, apologies for leaving everyone high and dry - it was not my intention.
CubbyFan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 11:48 PM   #507
acclaim99
Major Leagues

It's ok. We survived.

acclaim99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 09:39 AM   #508
Nero
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubbyFan23 View Post
Without reading through all of the comments, but just some, I probably deserved a lot of them. Long story short; I fried the computer I was working on rosters on, which in turn fried me from wanting to get back to business. No excuse to not give a status update, looking back now I should have just explained that, but I was just kind of done with the entire project at that point and I knew it would inevitably raise some questions about if I was being truthful, etc. that I didn't want to deal with at the time. I know that's hard to understand, but after putting hours upon hours on the project, just to have it go up in smoke, my attitude was a bit of "eff it."

Anyway, to those who were waiting, I hope I didn't cause any undue stress or cause any hernias. I might give things another shot next year, but I promise I'll keep the whole project under wraps until things are well underway. No need to get everyone worked up when a project was as far out as it was this year.

Hope everyone has been well. The break has been nice and really to help recharge my batteries. Excited about OOTP12 and seeing what the team came up with. Once again, apologies for leaving everyone high and dry - it was not my intention.
"Stuff" happens, it's all good!

You've always been a huge help, and an asset to the community here. (Hey, even if I dont post much, I do read a ton!) Glad to see you back, and look forward to any future projects you may take on!
Nero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 12:49 PM   #509
OutS|der
Hall Of Famer

i tried importing these into OOTP 11 then into 12 all worked out fine except when i tried to use historical rookies because for some reason it gave me the 2009 draft pool with strasburg and heyward and the rest yet the year is 2010. i may or may not have had one of the high school databases loaded when i did the import into 11 but because i'm not using 12 wouldnt it point to that database for historical rookies?
any idea what the problem would be?
OutS|der is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 01:08 PM   #510
tigey75
Major Leagues

Hey Cubbyfan....any chance you're hard at work at a 2011 roster set?? I love version 12, but am slightly disappointed at the contract/rating errors in the latest patch provided by the Markus clan.

Either way thanks for all you've done in past versions.
tigey75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 02:09 PM   #511
CubbyFan23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigey75 View Post
Hey Cubbyfan....any chance you're hard at work at a 2011 roster set?? I love version 12, but am slightly disappointed at the contract/rating errors in the latest patch provided by the Markus clan.

Either way thanks for all you've done in past versions.
Work is underway. More info to come soon.
Old 06-22-2011, 05:34 PM   #512
tigey75
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubbyFan23 View Post
Work is underway. More info to come soon.
Awesome, I always knew you'd be back.
tigey75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 12:38 AM   #513
CubbyFan23
Hall Of Famer

Alright gents, I'll start a new thread tomorrow when we're closer, but six teams left to do for first build. Initial set will be based off the updated roster set that the OOTP team put out with the final roster (with those corrected updated ratings), along with:

- Redone salaries, including incentives, option years, buyouts, vesting options, etc.
- Correct service time for all ML players.
- Corrected coach salaries for those who are public knowledge. For those which are not, auto-assigned contracts.

I'm not going to promise that it'll be out tomorrow, but it will be out this weekend at the latest.

After that, build two will include updated ratings for ML/AAA. Build three will include updated prospect ratings for Top 30 players, etc.