Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts

Old 11-29-2008, 09:08 PM   #41
CubbyFan23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yslin6 View Post
Many thanks to Cubbyfan for his great roster file.^^
First of all, most salary attribution prices are unreasonable. Took Shin-Soo Choo for example, in this roster file, he only has one good preformance in 2008 but his first salary attribution price exceed 9M. It doesn't make sense.

Secondly, most players who overall ability reach 3 stars in FA market quote 10M at least no matter how old are they or whether they are already on declination or not. Compared with 2008 roster file which you made, 2008 roster file is better in this part than that of 2009.
I noticed that as well about arbitration, I'll give it a look. Not sure what would be causing that.

The salaries aren't as big of a problem as it seems. Although a lot of the free agents will make high demands, they almost often end up signing under that. The only reason I made them that high was to make the ending salaries signed for a bit more realistic, otherwise you have guys like Dempster, etc. signing for only 5-6M.
CubbyFan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 09:10 PM   #42
CubbyFan23
Hall Of Famer

Actually, perhaps this higher salary settings would cause arbitration offers to be too high?

EDIT: That seems to be the case.

Probably not going to be able to start back working on these for a few days, so if anyone has a chance to play around with financials to get some more realistic results, let us know!

Last edited by CubbyFan23; 11-29-2008 at 09:50 PM.
Old 11-30-2008, 01:14 AM   #43
ugen64
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I have minor league transactions set to AI control, and every day the AI manager shuttles all the players on my team between the Single A affiliates and Rookie League. here's a sample image of my transactions page (this happens every day). I don't know if this is a bug with the game or your roster set...
Attached Images
ugen64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 02:44 PM   #44
clamel
All Star Starter

I mentioned this before and you can see why in the Minor League Report for every team.
The players in Single-A is just not ready for Single-A action and hopefully increasing there values in next version will make them stay in Single-A.

As it is now many Single-A teams play the first two months with lots of Joe Unknowns while many players just sit around waiting for Short-Season A and Rookie leagues to start. They are then moved back since then you have drafted new fresh players that should fill up Short-A and Rookie leagues.

Itīs important that when you get players on a specific level that the players grade matches that or the AI will move down that player.
The AI better likes Joe Unknowns if real players canīt be fitted.
clamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 02:51 PM   #45
clamel
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. P.R. Park III View Post
Clamel,

Your posts are very trite and non-helpful. Please help CubbyFan out by posting the list he requested (and with which you were inquiring) instead of these infant tirades. Please make this process as smooth as possible.
So then I just drop out.... I thought finding players that are just dog gone wrong helps in adjusting something. But then I believe that this is why OOTP is so far behind a more flexible game like FM. In those forums fans are just giving notice when they find something. The list he liked has been talked about for long time and while I was really making those players adjusted in the old version CubbyFan posted that he was indeed doing this fix himself. I donīt have all the names of the players I changed since I worked on my version based on CubbyFans.
I think tons of guys are doing similar things but keeps there findings for themselve, so as you mention should I.

Help is given in the messure of what one has time to do. Why donīt you yourself makes some efforts other than jumping all over me.

Really did the info about a totally wrong player being not helpful

I rest my case and walks laughing into the unknown ....

Sorry CubbyFan I couldnīt caugh up the list I was trying to finish. Ask this smart man Dr:aprk to make one. I will stop making mine 30% into it.
clamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 03:00 PM   #46
deadringer
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by clamel View Post
I mentioned this before and you can see why in the Minor League Report for every team.
The players in Single-A is just not ready for Single-A action and hopefully increasing there values in next version will make them stay in Single-A.

As it is now many Single-A teams play the first two months with lots of Joe Unknowns while many players just sit around waiting for Short-Season A and Rookie leagues to start. They are then moved back since then you have drafted new fresh players that should fill up Short-A and Rookie leagues.

Itīs important that when you get players on a specific level that the players grade matches that or the AI will move down that player.
The AI better likes Joe Unknowns if real players canīt be fitted.
Have you tried turning the incomplete rosters option off? With Cubby's 08 roster I found that having incomplete rosters screwed up the entire minors below Double A level.
deadringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 04:46 PM   #47
ugen64
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadringer View Post
Have you tried turning the incomplete rosters option off? With Cubby's 08 roster I found that having incomplete rosters screwed up the entire minors below Double A level.
hmm I will try that (I know your post wasn't directly in response to mine, but maybe it will fix my problem too)
Old 11-30-2008, 05:16 PM   #48
Dr. P.R. Park III
All Star Reserve

Clamel,

Relax. This has nothing to do with FM and it's wacky forums. I'm only saying you need either a lesson (or refresher) in people skills, or need to start coming up with solutions, and help CubbyFan put together something you think is worthwhile.

Lastly, I'm working off of CubbyFan's work to build updated 2009 ***, KBO, and CPBL rosters, along with an emphasis of Asian baseball, to build a complete quickstart package, so this list you mention, would definitely come in handy for me. Thanks for understanding. Now, let's get off this topic, and back to CubbyFan's release.
Dr. P.R. Park III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 08:28 PM   #49
CubbyFan23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by clamel View Post
So then I just drop out.... I thought finding players that are just dog gone wrong helps in adjusting something. But then I believe that this is why OOTP is so far behind a more flexible game like FM. In those forums fans are just giving notice when they find something. The list he liked has been talked about for long time and while I was really making those players adjusted in the old version CubbyFan posted that he was indeed doing this fix himself. I donīt have all the names of the players I changed since I worked on my version based on CubbyFans.
I think tons of guys are doing similar things but keeps there findings for themselve, so as you mention should I.

Help is given in the messure of what one has time to do. Why donīt you yourself makes some efforts other than jumping all over me.

Really did the info about a totally wrong player being not helpful

I rest my case and walks laughing into the unknown ....

Sorry CubbyFan I couldnīt caugh up the list I was trying to finish. Ask this smart man Dr:aprk to make one. I will stop making mine 30% into it.
Hang in there, we're all working together to make this better. Your help is more than welcomed.
Old 11-30-2008, 08:29 PM   #50
CubbyFan23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
That never even occurred to me. If someone tries it without this and it works can you let us know so I can change the option?
Old 11-30-2008, 09:12 PM   #51
joshcoonradt
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Yankees farm team

St. Lucie Mets are listed as a farm team for the yankees.

Great start to a set. Thank you for the hard work!

Josh
joshcoonradt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 09:06 AM   #52
deadringer
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubbyFan23 View Post
That never even occurred to me. If someone tries it without this and it works can you let us know so I can change the option?
I didn't check to see if it helps out on the daily transactions down there but I do know that if you have incomplete roster allowed that most of the players are in rookie league and very few are in single A. When you turn the option off the players are all sent up to fill the single A ranks but the log says that most of them are "probably over matched".
Old 12-01-2008, 12:27 PM   #53
ugen64
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
I didn't check to see if it helps out on the daily transactions down there but I do know that if you have incomplete roster allowed that most of the players are in rookie league and very few are in single A. When you turn the option off the players are all sent up to fill the single A ranks but the log says that most of them are "probably over matched".
I've wondered about this - shouldn't the AI leave those players in lower minor leagues and fill the holes with ghost players? so instead of having 20 players in Single A all "overmatched", leave those 20 players in Rookie league and put ghost players in Single A

I guess it's another argument for controlling the minors yourself
Old 12-01-2008, 01:05 PM   #54
deadringer
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugen64 View Post
I've wondered about this - shouldn't the AI leave those players in lower minor leagues and fill the holes with ghost players? so instead of having 20 players in Single A all "overmatched", leave those 20 players in Rookie league and put ghost players in Single A

I guess it's another argument for controlling the minors yourself
If and when minor league DL's are implemented, I'll never use incomplete rosters again. The only reason I ever even consider them is to cover for all the injuries that the AI won't take into account for in running the minors. Incomplete rosters made sense back in the old days when OOTP only had prospects that could / should make the majors but now that it uses fully staffed minors the incomplete option is kind of a cheat.

I suppose in a perfectly realistic world the AI would just sign or hold on to "organizational" players to fill the gaps while the younger players developed but it doesn't.
Old 12-01-2008, 01:19 PM   #55
CubbyFan23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I suppose in a perfectly realistic world the AI would just sign or hold on to "organizational" players to fill the gaps while the younger players developed but it doesn't.
I agree, don't see why this doesn't happen and it doesn't seem like it would be terribly difficult but what do I know?
Old 12-01-2008, 02:28 PM   #56
CubbyFan23
Hall Of Famer

Good call by deadringer, fixing that makes the AI put all the players on teams that need to be filled before free agency even starts (meaning they leave SS/R leagues open instead of Single-A). I think this should fix problems as by the time those leagues start, the draft will have occurred.

I think unfortunately that for the time being, I'm going to fix the problem with the Yankees past, fix the messed up affiliates, add major league coaches, tweak some ML ratings, and get this out the door as a firm release for now unless any other problems come up. I tried to get going on Single-A ratings but it is going to be such a huge task that I don't think I can do it all without going insane.

As a follow up to that, since I am more familiar with a lot of you, I'll be launching an online league here in the next few weeks using these rosters (hence the reason why my roster building time will be more limited). If anyone would be interested in a team, please let me know.
Old 12-01-2008, 03:04 PM   #57
mikeastriker
Minors (Double A)

Im not sure if someone pointed this out already but i have noticed if you go into history and look back to see who are the championship teams the yankees logos are orioles logos and also the 1994 team there is no champion.

Last edited by mikeastriker; 12-01-2008 at 03:06 PM.
mikeastriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 04:09 PM   #58
CubbyFan23
Hall Of Famer

There was a strike in 94

The Yankees actually used to be the Baltimore Orioles back in the early 1900s.
Old 12-01-2008, 04:26 PM   #59
mikeastriker
Minors (Double A)

Yeah i knew about in the 1900s but these logos are in the 90s like 96 and i forgot about the strike my bad.
mikeastriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 04:51 PM   #60
koolkerns101
Minors (Double A)

I downloaded this file earlier today and whenever I try to load it, the game crashes. Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, have a solution?
koolkerns101 is offline   Reply With Quote