Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts

Old 12-16-2007, 04:08 AM   #81
jbergey22
Hall Of Famer

The Andruw Jones/Jimmy Rollins problem is occuring for me as well. ARod & Jeter are in this same category.

I would agree the Ryan Howards contact and stats vs lefties needs to be toned down a lot.

Josh Raabe for the twins is not a burner, he stolen base. speed and defense needs to be toned down. I would give him average speed tops.

Chris B Young has too high of contact. I dont see him ever hitting above .270 and striking out less than 125 times.

Joe Mauer needs a better arm, 15 or better

Carlos Pena has contact that is too high, he should strike out around 140-150 times

Nick Punto should have his contact dropped. He had 1 decent year but is no better than a 230-250 hitter.

Adam Dunn's contact is way too high and avoid ks should be at 1

Melky Cabrera needs some speed. He is set at 2 in stealing I believe. 15-16 should be about right.

Minor Leaguers seem to be progressing to fast, a lot of them are already stars in 08

Free Agents are being signed too cheap. Zambrano 8mill, 2 yr contract? Santana 42m 4 yr contract

Other than this fielder dropping so fast anda few tweaks it looks like a great roster set.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 11:03 AM   #82
QuestGAV
Hall Of Famer

The fielders dropping too fast might be a tough fix as it sounds like the way the development engine interacts with the roster set rather than just a problem with the roster set. I do agree that outside of an injury fielding skills should never drop like a rock - but this is something the beta testers are going to need to bug Markus about rather than us trying to get a fix from Erich.

BTW, I've had more fun in a season with this roster set than I've had with any league since my first league with OOTP2006.
QuestGAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 11:15 AM   #83
Raidergoo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbergey22 View Post
The Andruw Jones/Jimmy Rollins problem is occuring for me as well. ARod & Jeter are in this same category.

I would agree the Ryan Howards contact and stats vs lefties needs to be toned down a lot.

Josh Raabe for the twins is not a burner, he stolen base. speed and defense needs to be toned down. I would give him average speed tops.

Chris B Young has too high of contact. I dont see him ever hitting above .270 and striking out less than 125 times.

Joe Mauer needs a better arm, 15 or better

Carlos Pena has contact that is too high, he should strike out around 140-150 times

Nick Punto should have his contact dropped. He had 1 decent year but is no better than a 230-250 hitter.

Adam Dunn's contact is way too high and avoid ks should be at 1

Melky Cabrera needs some speed. He is set at 2 in stealing I believe. 15-16 should be about right.

Minor Leaguers seem to be progressing to fast, a lot of them are already stars in 08

Free Agents are being signed too cheap. Zambrano 8mill, 2 yr contract? Santana 42m 4 yr contract

Other than this fielder dropping so fast and few tweaks it looks like a great roster set.
What ratings scale are you using? 1 to 20?
Raidergoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 11:17 AM   #84
Raidergoo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuestGAV View Post
but this is something the beta testers are going to need to bug Markus about rather than us trying to get a fix from Erich.
They have a committee to do this, coordinating so they bug him every hour of every day.
Old 12-16-2007, 11:19 AM   #85
jbergey22
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raidergoo View Post
What ratings scale are you using? 1 to 20?
Sorry, Yes I am...
Old 12-16-2007, 11:59 AM   #86
QuestGAV
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
They have a committee to do this, coordinating so they bug him every hour of every day.
Keep up the good work!
QuestGAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 12:24 PM   #87
NomarHits400
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuestGAV View Post
The fielders dropping too fast might be a tough fix as it sounds like the way the development engine interacts with the roster set rather than just a problem with the roster set. I do agree that outside of an injury fielding skills should never drop like a rock - but this is something the beta testers are going to need to bug Markus about rather than us trying to get a fix from Erich.

BTW, I've had more fun in a season with this roster set than I've had with any league since my first league with OOTP2006.

Yes, I agree with this as well...At this point I am just trying to convince someone who has Markus's ear that this needs addressed- especially if this is the roster set that OOTP is going to endorse....As of yet, though- I don't think I have convinced Raidergoo that this is a problem.

Having said all that- this really is a great start- I applaud Erich for all his hard work on this set.

Last edited by NomarHits400; 12-16-2007 at 12:26 PM.
NomarHits400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 02:42 PM   #88
bp_
Hall Of Famer

can I dl this file somewhere for use with 2007?
Old 12-16-2007, 03:14 PM   #89
Raidergoo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bp_ View Post
can I dl this file somewhere for use with 2007?
Download OOTP 8, then copy the quickstart over to OOTP 2007.
Old 12-16-2007, 03:15 PM   #90
bp_
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Download OOTP 8, then copy the quickstart over to OOTP 2007.
I was hoping for a quicker approach...I'll do this I guess. Thx.
Old 12-16-2007, 05:59 PM   #91
bucketsndimes
Major Leagues

I just downloaded OOTP 8 and I am ready to start an MLB league. But, are there too many problems with this quickstart for it to play well?

Also, what would you guys suggest for logos and uniforms for someone who wants to use facegen and correct uniforms and logos?

bucketsndimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 10:37 PM   #92
lloydbentsen
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucketsndimes View Post
I just downloaded OOTP 8 and I am ready to start an MLB league. But, are there too many problems with this quickstart for it to play well?

Also, what would you guys suggest for logos and uniforms for someone who wants to use facegen and correct uniforms and logos?
I have yet to use the new quickstart, so I am of no help in that regard, but PadreFan's website is definitely a good resource for one-stop logos and uni's.
lloydbentsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 12:33 AM   #93
jbergey22
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

At this point yes...
Old 12-17-2007, 04:12 AM   #94
Alphasim
Minors (Single A)

Has anyone made any headway on how to get it to list the proper position players historically?
Old 12-17-2007, 06:36 AM   #95
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Way too many IMO. I would wait for a fix.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 07:35 AM   #96
Raidergoo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphasim View Post
Has anyone made any headway on how to get it to list the proper position players historically?
I have not heard of any.
Old 12-17-2007, 09:21 AM   #97
Erich Ingram

Hey all, sorry I have not been around the last few days. Was sick, got stuck in a snowstorm, you know the drill.

I have been adding in more history and such to the file and I have even updated some of the requests that I have seen in this thread.

As for the positions of the retired players I have been trying to get some of that updated as well, it is a lot of players and takes a lot of time though.

As for Brandon Wood and the others without minor league stats I will be trying to get that corrected soon as well, as for Dmitri Young and those with double stats that will need correcting also. If anyone has seen all the players with double stats any assistance with it would be great.

I toned down Ryan Howard's ratings, but please do realize that a lot of that was based on 2006 as well not 2007, his numbers were much higher the year before.

I don't know how to fix the defensive free fall of the Gold Glovers but will see what I can do with getting that fixed through conversations with Markus.

Please feel free to post things that are showing up as extreme outliers here so that the corrections can be made to the roster file.

Thank you

Erich

IOSBL San Diego Aztecs 2010, 2012,2013, 2014 World Series Champions
Maelstrom Padres 2026 World Champions
eMLB Washington Nationals
Erich Ingram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 01:27 PM   #98
Joe Canadian
All Star Starter

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but there seems to be a problem with the Angels team history.

Anheim Angels, 97-04 stats included for thos years
LA Angels of Anheim, 61-06 only listed stats are for 51-64 & 05-06.

Fan of the Blue Jays, Maple Leafs, IceCaps, Lakers, and Broncos.
Joe Canadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 02:01 PM   #99
Erich Ingram

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Canadian View Post
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but there seems to be a problem with the Angels team history.

Anheim Angels, 97-04 stats included for thos years
LA Angels of Anheim, 61-06 only listed stats are for 51-64 & 05-06.
Did you look at the defunct teams with the California Angels getting the stats.

IOSBL San Diego Aztecs 2010, 2012,2013, 2014 World Series Champions
Maelstrom Padres 2026 World Champions
eMLB Washington Nationals
Erich Ingram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 09:37 PM   #100
NomarHits400
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erich Ingram View Post
Hey all, sorry I have not been around the last few days. Was sick, got stuck in a snowstorm, you know the drill.

I have been adding in more history and such to the file and I have even updated some of the requests that I have seen in this thread.

As for the positions of the retired players I have been trying to get some of that updated as well, it is a lot of players and takes a lot of time though.

As for Brandon Wood and the others without minor league stats I will be trying to get that corrected soon as well, as for Dmitri Young and those with double stats that will need correcting also. If anyone has seen all the players with double stats any assistance with it would be great.

I toned down Ryan Howard's ratings, but please do realize that a lot of that was based on 2006 as well not 2007, his numbers were much higher the year before.

I don't know how to fix the defensive free fall of the Gold Glovers but will see what I can do with getting that fixed through conversations with Markus.

Please feel free to post things that are showing up as extreme outliers here so that the corrections can be made to the roster file.

Thank you

Erich

Erich,

Thanks for the update- but just to clarify something above: It isn't just gold glover's whose ratings are diving- it's pretty much everyone in their late twenties. I just used those two guys as extreme examples to prove my point.

I had the same problem when editing Cubby's set. In it's initial iteration it was fine- but after re-importing several files (including player histories and the like) using Redsoxford's wonderful program, it started to crop up even though everything appeared the same.

Also, regarding players positional history- you can mass edit this using Redsoxford's program (if you didn't know already)- it's been a while since I did it, though. However, as I said above- somewhere in that mix the accelerated aging problem described above kicked in. If you ahve Markus' ear- have him check out page four of this thread and ask him if these kind of changes- see Jones and Rollins (which are typical in the league) are more aggressive than intended...Because right now, I know of no way to remedy this issue.
NomarHits400 is offline   Reply With Quote