Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2007, 08:54 PM   #41
westendcards
All Star Reserve

How do I add stats to a players history?
westendcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 08:51 AM   #42
1998 Yankees
Hall Of Famer

Not to steer attention away from westendcards' question; please answer that, someone.

But, here are my own questions.

Is the intention to reissue this quickstart, and if so, will it be posted on the general discussion board or do we have to revisit here?

Also, are we correct in assuming that the minor league coaches and scouts missing problem is now part of this quickstart because it was created using version 8.0.0.9? If so, then the fixing of the main program with versions 8.0.0.10 and 8.0.0.11 will not fix this quickstart unless it is regenerated with one of these new program versions.

Please advise. Thanks.
1998 Yankees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 12:23 PM   #43
Raidergoo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1998 Yankees View Post
Not to steer attention away from westendcards' question; please answer that, someone.

But, here are my own questions.

Is the intention to reissue this quickstart, and if so, will it be posted on the general discussion board or do we have to revisit here?

Also, are we correct in assuming that the minor league coaches and scouts missing problem is now part of this quickstart because it was created using version 8.0.0.9? If so, then the fixing of the main program with versions 8.0.0.10 and 8.0.0.11 will not fix this quickstart unless it is regenerated with one of these new program versions.

Please advise. Thanks.
It's intended to update at some point to fix issues, items, and ratings. I don't know when this will be done. I expect it to be done some time this month.

I am wondering how people think of the ratings, or issues therein. They either have to be perfect, or no one is using them, because of the lack of commentary on them.
Raidergoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 01:31 PM   #44
1998 Yankees
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raidergoo View Post
I am wondering how people think of the ratings, or issues therein. They either have to be perfect, or no one is using them, because of the lack of commentary on them.
Holy cow. I don't believe you guys are opening yourselves up for that. I admire you accordingly.
1998 Yankees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 03:51 PM   #45
Raidergoo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1998 Yankees View Post
Holy cow. I don't believe you guys are opening yourselves up for that. I admire you accordingly.
You got to get better at what you do. Erich has already gone through this with private constructive criticism of ratings and results.
Old 12-13-2007, 07:05 PM   #46
CBLCardinals
OOTP Roster Team

hey guys,

set looks great! Thanks to Erich for all the hard work!!!
CBLCardinals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 08:37 PM   #47
NomarHits400
Major Leagues

Just bought the new version today- mostly for Erich's roster set. Looks fantastic- but I have a couple of things to offer initially- one specific- and one general.

Specifically, I noticed Brandon Wood of the Angels has no minor league stats- but in addition- his speed ratings are higher than a lot of guys much faster- possibly an oversight?

More generally, I have noticed this set has the same problem mine had- most notably, todays current major leaguers- especially those over 28 just absolutely seem to fall off of a cliff in just a few short years. Run a 5 year sim to see what I mean. I wouldn't mention it- but it's not just a few guys- there are dozens: Aramis Ramirez, Derrek Lee, Manny Ramirez, Albert Pujols , David Ortiz..It seems to effect guys in their late 20's the most. This can be modified to some degree using the aging modifiers- but I also noticed- and again, I had the same problem in my set- was that these players fielding ratings TOTALLY tank by the time these guys are in their early thirties- and this seems unaffected by changing the modifiers.

Can somebosy else sim 5 years in and see if they see the same thing? The younger guys like Caberera, Reyes and the like (guys in their mid-twenties)- seem to fare ok- though I should probably go another five years out- but the fielding ratings seems to be the most drastic. Mike Lowell at the age of 38 is a 1 (out of 100) in range, error, arm and DP ratings. There are DOZENS of guys in their mid thirties with fielding ratings that have completely crashed.

Something is amiss here.
NomarHits400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 09:43 PM   #48
rem
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I play with ratings off.

2005 Winner of LL's Pick the Loser Contest! - 15-0
rem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 10:43 PM   #49
Joe Canadian
All Star Starter

So how exactly does OOTP have real rosters included with it?

Fan of the Blue Jays, Maple Leafs, IceCaps, Lakers, and Broncos.
Joe Canadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 10:48 PM   #50
Overkill
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Canadian View Post
I was kind of wondering that myself. I thought there were licensing issues and stuff like that.
Overkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 06:41 AM   #51
Raidergoo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
This involved the ongoing lawsuit between a St. Louis fantasy sport company, and MLB. MLB has lost repeatedly, including at the Federal Appeals court level. MLB's options are grim at this point.

OOTP had a legal opinion from SEGA concerning real rosters. They did not like it, but they abided by it. Now, OOTP is not tied to SEGA anymore. New advice allowed them to bundle a real rosters set.

It is the player likenesses and logos that are clear no-nos. OOTP does not provided these.
Old 12-14-2007, 06:48 AM   #52
Raidergoo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomarHits400 View Post
Just bought the new version today- mostly for Erich's roster set. Looks fantastic- but I have a couple of things to offer initially- one specific- and one general.
It needs to be emphasized that this is Erich's set. I was just one of the testers and critics.

Brandon Wood may need reevaluation. Anyone have anything to say about him before I go look up baseball-reference.com?

Most players implode on the other side of 30. Out of those 'dozens' of players, you should see 4 or 5 survive to age 36-40, and those are going to be the Hall of Famers.

Additionally, there a lot of players in the roster set that are 'pre-stressed', in other words, designed to implode via injury. They are your usual suspects, like Junior Griffey, Mark Prior, and the like.
Old 12-14-2007, 06:52 AM   #53
Eddie Paxil
Major Leagues

Quote:
This involved the ongoing lawsuit between a St. Louis fantasy sport company, and MLB. MLB has lost repeatedly, including at the Federal Appeals court level. MLB's options are grim at this point.

OOTP had a legal opinion from SEGA concerning real rosters. They did not like it, but they abided by it. Now, OOTP is not tied to SEGA anymore. New advice allowed them to bundle a real rosters set.

It is the player likenesses and logos that are clear no-nos. OOTP does not provided these.
Thank you for explaining this.

Will there be a 2008 Roster set with OOTP 9 then? If it's too early to answer that's fine.

OOTP since 2007
Commissioner of the OMLB
GM of the OMLB New Jersey Pioneers

Commissioner of the NBBU
GM of theNBBU Hoboken Knickerbockers
Follow the NBBU Dynasty Thread Here.
Eddie Paxil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 06:55 AM   #54
Raidergoo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Paxil View Post
Thank you for explaining this.

Will there be a 2008 Roster set with OOTP 9 then? If it's too early to answer that's fine.
No comment.
Old 12-14-2007, 08:13 AM   #55
Joe Canadian
All Star Starter

I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the rosters or not, but I'm using them with OOTP 2007 and at the end of my season pretty much every GM & manager gets fired.

Fan of the Blue Jays, Maple Leafs, IceCaps, Lakers, and Broncos.
Joe Canadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 08:44 AM   #56
NomarHits400
Major Leagues

Quote:
It needs to be emphasized that this is Erich's set. I was just one of the testers and critics.

Brandon Wood may need reevaluation. Anyone have anything to say about him before I go look up baseball-reference.com?

Most players implode on the other side of 30. Out of those 'dozens' of players, you should see 4 or 5 survive to age 36-40, and those are going to be the Hall of Famers.

Additionally, there a lot of players in the roster set that are 'pre-stressed', in other words, designed to implode via injury. They are your usual suspects, like Junior Griffey, Mark Prior, and the like.
Thanks for the reply Raidergoo- but I am going to disagree with your assertion that "most" players implode on the "other side of 30". Absolutely many may decline- but by implode, I am inferring (as I was also implying in my post) that these guys aren't even major league caliber any longer.

Aside from that- any aging alorithm that causes several gold glove caliber fielders to become so poor in the field by the time that they are 30-32 they are relegated to the bench or DH duty is suspect.

I would like to add that I don't see this type of behavior at all- or at least outside the norm- using default players- or even 2nd generation players in Erich's set. Just in today's MLB players.

Just try a 5 year sim and look at the carnage to players in the 28-33 year range- and pay special attention to the fielding ratings. I know there is a lot of attrition in baseball- and I understand that a lot of guys WILL flame out- but this extreme- and I think if you look closely you will agree.
NomarHits400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 09:01 AM   #57
Raidergoo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the rosters or not, but I'm using them with OOTP 2007 and at the end of my season pretty much every GM & manager gets fired.
We've seen that repeatedly.
Old 12-14-2007, 06:41 PM   #58
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Just use Cubby's because it's a 2008 Roster set.
Take control of every team then they can't get fired.
Old 12-14-2007, 08:31 PM   #59
Raidergoo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgom27 View Post
Just use Cubby's because it's a 2008 Roster set.
Take control of every team then they can't get fired.
Please stay on topic or stay out of the thread.
Old 12-15-2007, 04:53 AM   #60
Alphasim
Minors (Single A)

Ok, it might just be me, and it may be something irrelevant, but when I export my league data to html reports, I've noticed two problems. For one, the game crashes whenever I export more then 19,900 players. I wanted to include the data for all of the retired players as well, for research and authenticity purposes, but that puts me over 20,000 players and that seems to crash the game. More to the point (and the real reason I'm posting), is to note that all of the historical position chart lists show one player per year, listed at every position. This is a little disconcerting and throws things off for me. All of the pitchers are listed right, and when I've used Gambo's historical input database, I didn't notice this problem. Is there a way to fix this, or is it s live-with-it-or-forget-it kind of deal? I've included a pic for reference. Otherwise, it's a great roster. I like seeing the players that were injured start that way instead of having to either pretend they were healthy or edit them myself.

Last edited by Alphasim; 12-15-2007 at 04:55 AM. Reason: Typos
Alphasim is offline   Reply With Quote