Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2007, 04:36 PM   #41
DiMaggio5CF
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgom27 View Post
Anybody have updated Coaches.Dat they would like to give out or I'm going to have updated it myself?
I was wondering this too...
DiMaggio5CF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 06:28 PM   #42
DiMaggio5CF
All Star Reserve

Seriously, is there going to be an updated release (coaches, parks, history)??????? It's been almost three weeks and no word.
Old 11-20-2007, 06:43 PM   #43
DiMaggio5CF
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgom27 View Post
Anybody have updated Coaches.Dat they would like to give out or I'm going to have updated it myself?
I took a Coaches.dat from the '07 roster set where they were on the right teams and put it in the '08 roster set folder, and it didn't change anything at all. Any idea why it didn't work?
Old 11-21-2007, 09:38 AM   #44
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Did you just have this league in your league in this one because I tryed it to but Fictional Personal is still their and I have others leagues in it to.
Old 11-22-2007, 12:04 AM   #45
darkcloud4579
Hall Of Famer

I tried to download this and filefront just keeps redirecting me to the front page. Any ideas?
darkcloud4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 11:21 AM   #46
drprestwood
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkcloud4579 View Post
I tried to download this and filefront just keeps redirecting me to the front page. Any ideas?
Ditto. Not sure what the deal is.
drprestwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 03:34 AM   #47
DiMaggio5CF
All Star Reserve

Since there's apparently no second version of this coming out, can someone please tell me how to edit coaches and park data?
Old 11-26-2007, 04:25 AM   #48
Tony M
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiMaggio5CF View Post
Since there's apparently no second version of this coming out, can someone please tell me how to edit coaches and park data?
In the game export all the files to csv.

Edit the parks.csv to get the parks correct (if you're using Excel 2003 make sure the last column contains something as Excel 2003 screws up saving of csvs)

To edit the coaches ratings you'll need to edit coaches.csv and to make sure they're on the correct team as well as setting the team_id correct in coaches.csv you'll have to make sure they appear in teams_roster_staff.csv in the correct place.

Then download my reimporter program from http://www.bourtonville.co.uk/OOTPEditor/publish.htm , choose your league directory from the selector at the top, click on Teams and then click Start and then Load to reimport the team files (if needed), then on Coaches and Start then Load to load the coaches and finally on Parks click Start and Load to load the parks.
Old 11-27-2007, 03:22 PM   #49
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Has anyone noticed that the Rule V draft eligibility and years as a professional are completely screwed up in this set?
PSUColonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 08:52 PM   #50
Operation Shutdown
All Star Reserve

Hey Cubby. Always loved your work. Anyway, here's a few moves from the Pirates that need to be made. SP Tony Armas, SS Cesar Izturis, MR Shawn Chacon, MR John Wasdin, IF Don Kelly, IF Matt Kata, C Carlos Maldonado and 1B Josh Phelps were all either released or became free agents.

SP Jimmy Barthmaier was claimed by the Pirates and should be on their 40-man roster. SP Ronald Belisario is listed as on their 40-man roster though I haven't seen much information on him. SP Phil Dumatrait is also listed on the 40-man roster. Thanks for all your great work.
In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."
Operation Shutdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 04:11 PM   #51
CubbyFan23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUColonel View Post
Has anyone noticed that the Rule V draft eligibility and years as a professional are completely screwed up in this set?
I'm alive! :P

Been working a steady 50 hours a week the last two weeks, have the next two off, so I'm going to try and get something out as a final release before we start working on next year's rosters. Can't promise how much will be done, but we'll see how far things progress.
CubbyFan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 04:12 PM   #52
CubbyFan23
Hall Of Famer

Also courtesy of BA I have the list of 600 or so minor league FA's who I'll release into the pool, as well as update rosters with all signings/trades made to date.

EDIT: I had to fill a few minor league clubs at the lower rookie levels with fictional players -- has anyone seen these players as anything more than one-stars? Going to try to fix that if its an issue, but if it isn't, I won't worry about it. Also does anyone know a reputable place for reporting minor league signings? I use rotoworld, but they seem to highlight some of them and some fall through the cracks.

Last edited by CubbyFan23; 11-29-2007 at 04:15 PM.
Old 11-29-2007, 05:28 PM   #53
jwisenberg
OOTP Roster Team

cubby,

wanted to pass this on to you and other potential roster makers. I am working on a roster site right now which will hopefully help in the roster making process. As of right now only a couple organizations are up. I will be adding a lot of info to the site as time goes along. I plan to have all teams up by mid-January. check it out http://home.comcast.net/~jwisenberg/index.htm
jwisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 12:08 AM   #54
Hotwheelz
All Star Starter

I am having the issue of quite a few players showing up as retired. Off the top of my head I remember having a David Ortiz that was dealt to the Cubs and a David Ortiz that was retired. They are the same player. The retired player's profile shows no stats past the opening season. There are quite a few other players like this.
Hotwheelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 02:44 PM   #55
DiMaggio5CF
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubbyFan23 View Post
Also courtesy of BA I have the list of 600 or so minor league FA's who I'll release into the pool, as well as update rosters with all signings/trades made to date.
If possible, can you do update the trades/signings last and release a set without those updates?

Having an offseason set is not much fun if half the free agents are already signed, IMO.
Old 12-02-2007, 09:27 PM   #56
Coreyettinger
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUColonel View Post

Yes and it's driving me nuts. Also, 2007 trades aren't done properly, specifically Rangers trades for Max Ramirez and the Mark Tiexera trade. If someone would contact me, I'd love to work on an unofficial update to this set.
Coreyettinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 09:59 PM   #57
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Elvis Andrus and Matt Harrison belong on the Rangers.
Maybe wait intill after the Winter Meetings.
It's they easy to update the Rosters up to today.

Last edited by mgom27; 12-03-2007 at 07:04 PM.
mgom27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 11:38 PM   #58
CubbyFan23
Hall Of Famer

Rule 5 eligibility and such won't be corrected, I don't have time to go back through and do every player before we start on beta rosters.
Old 12-02-2007, 11:40 PM   #59
CubbyFan23
Hall Of Famer

Also the few minor things screwed up like the Teixeira deal should be fixed in the next release, I just realized I combined a version of our minors that was right before a few deals happened so it screwed things up.
Old 12-03-2007, 03:58 AM   #60
Hotwheelz
All Star Starter

Nothing on the retired players who have copies of themselves still currently playing?
Hotwheelz is offline   Reply With Quote