Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts

Old 04-09-2007, 03:51 PM   #81
Klew1986
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrooks13 View Post
i'll take SEC

I already said I had them, but due to time restraints, I won't be able to do it. I didn't get far at all. Sorry about that Erich.
Klew1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 03:54 PM   #82
mbrooks13
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klew1986 View Post
I already said I had them, but due to time restraints, I won't be able to do it. I didn't get far at all. Sorry about that Erich.

oh my bad. didn't see that. i'll do it since you can't then...
mbrooks13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 07:16 PM   #83
mattkma
Major Leagues

Hows the set coming along?
mattkma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 08:31 PM   #84
Claymore
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattkma View Post
Hows the set coming along?

I'm sure they will update us when they've got something to say.
Claymore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 08:51 PM   #85
gollum65
All Star Reserve

I can't speak for most of the work on this roster. I am however one of the ones working on the 2006 MLB draft list to be included in the set, and I think we're getting close to done with that part. 1500 players is a lot to research.
gollum65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 08:58 PM   #86
Claymore
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by gollum65 View Post
I can't speak for most of the work on this roster. I am however one of the ones working on the 2006 MLB draft list to be included in the set, and I think we're getting close to done with that part. 1500 players is a lot to research.
Gah, that does sound like a lot of work!
Claymore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 09:10 PM   #87
I_Got_Wood_34
Banned

Infractions: 0/1 (4)
I just wanted to add my thank you for all the hardwork involved.

Its truly amazing to watch the community come together and pitch in.

If I had half the ability you guys did with software and pc's i'd be right there in the midst of it all with you.

Thanks guys.
I_Got_Wood_34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 09:15 PM   #88
neojonas
All Star Starter

Just a quick note to those working on the rosters. When getting the date of birth make sure it's in m/d/yyyy format. 4 digit year and no leading 0's for month and day. For example:

1/5/1985
10/4/1981
10/16/1980

That way my stat generating program can get all the stats for all your guys. Thank you very much!
neojonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 09:58 PM   #89
jackflash
Minors (Triple A)

I am working on placing all of the players on their correct teams, major league and minor league. I currently have 2 divisions left to finish up.

"You can observe alot by watching" - Yogi Berra

jackflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 10:50 PM   #90
Howard6Utely26
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackflash View Post
I am working on placing all of the players on their correct teams, major league and minor league. I currently have 2 divisions left to finish up.

Does that mean we could expect the rosters soon?
Howard6Utely26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 11:13 PM   #91
neojonas
All Star Starter

Help Wanted

If there's anyone out there looking to help on these rosters, I have an easy job. I need to find dates of birth for some players. I'm looking for as many volunteers as I can get.

As Erich has mentioned I've been working on a stat program to generate the stats for the rosters. This alleviates a lot of the need to go out and manually copy and paste stats for every player off the web, saving us time, and allowing us to get these rosters out faster. So far I've generated over 30,000 lines of statistics to put into the rosters. But there are some players that my program can't find information for because the dates of birth we have listed in the Excel files for some players are incorrect. So I have lists of players with incorrect dates of birth and I need some help finding their correct dates of birth. PM me with your AOL name or email address if you're interested in helping so I can send you a file of players. Thanks!

Last edited by neojonas; 04-09-2007 at 11:24 PM.
Old 04-10-2007, 08:56 AM   #92
jackflash
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard6Utely26 View Post
Does that mean we could expect the rosters soon?
The only one that is allowed to give an ETA is Erich as they are his rosters. This is going to be a rocking set. Ask the bananna!!!

"You can observe alot by watching" - Yogi Berra

jackflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 09:30 AM   #93
chriskelly
All Star Reserve

neo.....I can find some birthdates. just PM me or something. I should have a free hour or so later this afternoon, and I can go fast!
chriskelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 09:52 AM   #94
Operation Shutdown
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by neojonas View Post
If there's anyone out there looking to help on these rosters, I have an easy job. I need to find dates of birth for some players. I'm looking for as many volunteers as I can get.

As Erich has mentioned I've been working on a stat program to generate the stats for the rosters. This alleviates a lot of the need to go out and manually copy and paste stats for every player off the web, saving us time, and allowing us to get these rosters out faster. So far I've generated over 30,000 lines of statistics to put into the rosters. But there are some players that my program can't find information for because the dates of birth we have listed in the Excel files for some players are incorrect. So I have lists of players with incorrect dates of birth and I need some help finding their correct dates of birth. PM me with your AOL name or email address if you're interested in helping so I can send you a file of players. Thanks!
PM sent
In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."
Operation Shutdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 11:26 AM   #95
neojonas
All Star Starter

Thanks for the help - I've sent everyone messages that have contacted me. I'm still looking for more help so if anyone has some free time and wants to help get these rosters out faster, contact me with your AOL name or email address. Thanks!
Old 04-10-2007, 01:37 PM   #96
ejbucs
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by csanalyzer View Post
Finished the Big East Rosters. I'll grab the ACC and get started on those shortly.
I can start out west. I'll start doing the West Coast Conference.
ejbucs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 02:56 PM   #97
eternal
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by neojonas View Post
Thanks for the help - I've sent everyone messages that have contacted me. I'm still looking for more help so if anyone has some free time and wants to help get these rosters out faster, contact me with your AOL name or email address. Thanks!
Sent a PM

Last edited by eternal; 04-10-2007 at 02:58 PM.
eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 03:56 PM   #98
chriskelly
All Star Reserve

jonas...I sent you back my list....I can work another one tomorrow if you need.
chriskelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 04:35 PM   #99
Operation Shutdown
All Star Reserve

Jonas, sent back the list with as much as I could find. I should have some free time this evening but will be busy until Friday after that. I may have some free time during lunch breaks, etc at work but I can't count on it.
In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."
Operation Shutdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 04:44 PM   #100
neojonas
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Operation Shutdown View Post
Jonas, sent back the list with as much as I could find. I should have some free time this evening but will be busy until Friday after that. I may have some free time during lunch breaks, etc at work but I can't count on it.
I got your badpitchers3.xls file. That looked great! I sent you a fielders7.xls if you have time.

Thanks to everyone helping me with these files. This is really speeding up the process. I'm hoping to finish all the stats tonight. We only have a few more files to go through so if there's anyone else looking to help out a little bit, let me know. PM or jraadt@hotmail.com. Thanks!