Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2007, 06:13 PM   #21
DougWyatt
All Star Starter

After looking at Claymores link (I must've been searching when he posted), it seems his is more detailed.
DougWyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 06:18 PM   #22
Claymore
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougWyatt View Post
After looking at Claymores link (I must've been searching when he posted), it seems his is more detailed.

Mine was updated today, I did not see a date on yours.
Claymore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 06:19 PM   #23
Claymore
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackflash View Post
Claymore wins

Thanks fellas, big help.
NP, glad you can use it! I am too bus write now to do data entry (I own a publishing company, and I am in the process of editing a book ATM), but if there is any other info or data you are trying to get, feel free to ask me, either through this thread or PM, and I'll do what I can to get it to you (I have "Leet" web-surfing skills).
Old 04-06-2007, 06:30 PM   #24
RBLwebguy
Hall Of Famer

I am waiting for Markus to build the Roger Clemens FA demands option

I think I will play in June, only these 3 clubs and depends on how much they sweet talk me and where they are in the standings.
RBLwebguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 06:31 PM   #25
DougWyatt
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
Mine was updated today, I did not see a date on yours.

well, woooopty-doooooo.

Hey look pal. I already conceded that yours was better - why ya gotta rub it in ?

lol. now, that'd be some funny stuff if that started a "roster riot", eh ?
DougWyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 08:15 PM   #26
Claymore
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougWyatt View Post
well, woooopty-doooooo.

Hey look pal. I already conceded that yours was better - why ya gotta rub it in ?

lol. now, that'd be some funny stuff if that started a "roster riot", eh ?
Heh...

Just stating the difference

Last edited by Claymore; 04-06-2007 at 08:20 PM.
Old 04-07-2007, 12:00 AM   #27
Erich Ingram

Ok, adding on here with the updates. Jackflash is tearing through updating the rosters putting players in the right organizations. Thank you MILB.com since BA has been slow to put it out.

Neojonas and I are working on a project that if his program works out will alleviate the need for a lot of the help. Now I will still be looking to get some help with things after this if it works, and definitely if it doesn't work . I do thank everyone for offering their assistance. When it becomes clear the answer with this program I will come to all those who offered their time with another project that I have for the rosters.

Again thank you for the out pouring of support here. I will try and update more over the weekend on the direction of this. I do plan to continue to tweak the ratings as well as I go along even after we release the first version. I will not give a date for the first version but I do expect to have it done pretty soon, and would say sooner if BA had already put out their Opening Day rosters as they do every year.

Two things that are presently missing from the roster file are the draft picks from 2006 and the prospective draft picks from 2007. If someone could be so kind as to go through and get me all the draft picks from 2006 and put them in a spreadsheet, with the following information that would be a huge help

Team, player last name, player first name, ht, wt, dob, throws, bats

This would make my life a lot easier. These players are pretty important as many of them are the top 5 prospects for many teams.

Thanks again

E

ps. I hope you all celebrated Scott Rolen's birthday on Wednesday.

IOSBL San Diego Aztecs 2010, 2012,2013, 2014 World Series Champions
Maelstrom Padres 2026 World Champions
eMLB Washington Nationals
Erich Ingram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 12:12 AM   #28
BoydOfSummer
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Will these have the entire baseball history in them?
BoydOfSummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 12:54 AM   #29
Erich Ingram

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoydOfSummer View Post
Will these have the entire baseball history in them?
It will most definitely will have all of the MLB history in it.

Old 04-07-2007, 02:25 AM   #30
BoydOfSummer
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Outstanding! Thanks.
BoydOfSummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 05:36 AM   #31
gollum65
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erich Ingram View Post
If someone could be so kind as to go through and get me all the draft picks from 2006 and put them in a spreadsheet, with the following information that would be a huge help

Team, player last name, player first name, ht, wt, dob, throws, bats
First of all, I'm new to the community and have just purchased OOTP for the first time. So I'm happy to help where I can.

Do you want all 50 rounds? That's 1500 players. I could do it, but it would take a while as it would be completely manual.

Also, you don't list that you want the player's position, but I assume you do.

Third, do you want it in .xls or .csv format?

And finally, once I finish, where do I send it?
gollum65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 06:38 AM   #32
painey
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erich Ingram View Post
It will most definitely will have all of the MLB history in it.
wow
painey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 07:39 AM   #33
Erich Ingram

Ok for the draft picks of 2006, Position is fine to add. The one thing I left out was I need place of birth. Round of pick might be nice as well.

I don't need all 50 rounds, I just need the players that signed a contract. So if they didn't sign I don't want them.

gollum- cgreg1978 has also PM'd me about working this, so I would say coordinate with him and you guys can probably split up the work and get done much quicker.

Baseball America is probably the best place to put the initial information as to who has signed from the previous year

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today...06draftdb.html

You can also go to this site and get more information, so you may want to go and copy and past from

http://www.thebaseballcube.com/draft...ound-1-1.shtml

and then go to the BA page above to delete out the players that didn't sign.

If you can't get some of the information you can always go to

www.minorleaguebaseball.com to find the remaining date of birth info and place of birth info if not listed.

Thanks for all the help.

Last edited by Erich Ingram; 04-07-2007 at 07:52 AM.
Old 04-07-2007, 08:53 AM   #34
gollum65
All Star Reserve

Ok, I'll PM him and we'll see what we can come up with.
Old 04-07-2007, 10:00 AM   #35
terptime13
Bat Boy

Things seem to get done so much faster and in a more oderly fashion when people are nice to each other.
terptime13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 10:27 AM   #36
GoldenGlove
Major Leagues

I will have a spreadsheet with round/pick/pos/last/first/team/signed very shortly if you guys aren't too far along on this. Then the rest of the info can be done team by team. My aim is gpm2238.
GoldenGlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 10:29 AM   #37
gollum65
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenGlove View Post
I will have a spreadsheet with round/pick/pos/last/first/team/signed very shortly if you guys aren't too far along on this. Then the rest of the info can be done team by team. My aim is gpm2238.
I don't do AIM or any instant messmaker. Sorry.

I just started round 1 with all the info he asked for. If you have all the signed players done, but not all the info, then PM me and I can finish it for you.
Old 04-07-2007, 10:47 AM   #38
kagnew35
All Star Starter

Just a though on communicating, might it be easier for those helping out to drop in to my live chat to hold discussions on their work? Will save a lot of email and is far easier than AIM..

soxxcountry.com duffys tavern link

http://www.soxxcountry.com/ site with FaceGen Central and Duffys Tavern Live OOTP Chat Room
kagnew35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 11:11 AM   #39
Erich Ingram

kagnew that is probably a good idea for the people to jump into and work together on the project.

So the draft picks of 2006 is Project 1

Project 2, may need someone who has Baseball America access for this. I want to get the same basic information for all the 2007 top 200 likely draft picks.

Name, Pos, B, T, HT, WT, DOB, Place of Birth, Ranking in the list

Project 3, College team. I want to get the colleges into the game as well. So I know that Foz has already put together a template for the colleges. What I want now is for someone to put together spreadsheets with the rosters from the team web pages. So I need the basics

Name, Pos, B, T, HT, WT, DOB, Place of Birth, Year

For this I would say that people should post what conference they want to work on, put 1 conference per spreadsheet together, sign up in the thread here for a conference, do the conference, send me the conference, update saying it is done here in the thread. Then if you have time grab another one.

Project 4, I will be looking for people who can help to update the player text files in the game so that we have all their proper history in the game. I will be putting out a list of the things that "I" will want to have in the files. This will be a very long project and will probably have people work on a team at time because it can be very tedious.

Project 5, Will have people going through and doing QC on the players, making sure that we have their Pro Years and MLB time correct. This was a huge problem in the 2006 sets as players were becoming eligible for Rule 5 way to early, 6 year minor league FA too early and this will also affect arbitration and free agent timing.

So basically what I am doing now is to make this a community roster project for things. Everyone has stated that they want to be part of it and want to help well folks now is the time to do so. Now by doing this it is going to make the rosters probably take a little more time to get fully done, but once we have all of this put together it will make it a roster file that will be easy to add to going forward and make every file that much quicker to release.

Old 04-07-2007, 11:42 AM   #40
Klew1986
Hall Of Famer

I will do the SEC Conference for the college teams.

Is there a good site that lists that info. I have found most of it, but for positions it has like IF, but doesn't say like if it's 2B or 3B and i can't find their DOB.

Last edited by Klew1986; 04-07-2007 at 12:06 PM.
Klew1986 is offline   Reply With Quote