Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts

Old 11-24-2018, 08:46 PM   #1
stealofhome
Hall Of Famer

Quickstart - Fictional with NCAA and High School Feeders

Original Quickstart

Quickstart from 1993
World Template File from 1993

Starts in 1900 with no history, includes Atlantic Independent League, 80 college teams, and 10 High School Leagues with 10 teams each. All teams have uniforms and logos. The college jerseys/logos came from bristolduke's quickstart (not sure the original creator of them, probably Robo). The high school jerseys and logos were all created by me (can't wait until Lawn Loaf finishes his quest!). It also includes ballpark images for all minor league parks.

International Amateur Free Agents are turned off as they tend to become much stronger than all feeder league players. Of course this can be turned back on before starting if you would rather play that way.

I also included dogzilla's world name database and have 15% random players in the high school and college feeder leagues.

I've done lots of testing and am pretty pleased with the way it turned out, within the limits of OOTP's lack of caring about feeder leagues. The top players either go to high school or college and not both.

I would love feedback on it and will be posting a league with a full history, once I settle on one that I plan on continuing for many real-life years.

Last edited by stealofhome; 01-25-2020 at 02:34 PM.
stealofhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 10:44 AM   #2
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

How about real guys?
Old 11-26-2018, 11:16 PM   #3
stealofhome
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgom27 View Post
How about real guys?
What do you mean? Is it possible to create a league with feeders with real players entering in the feeder leagues?
Old 11-27-2018, 08:30 AM   #4
ArcAngel
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealofhome View Post
What do you mean? Is it possible to create a league with feeders with real players entering in the feeder leagues?
I believe that if you check the option "Import real players as rookies" (could be wrong on the wording, but it's similar to that), then it will do just that.
ArcAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 10:21 AM   #5
Rain King
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcAngel View Post
I believe that if you check the option "Import real players as rookies" (could be wrong on the wording, but it's similar to that), then it will do just that.
No. The real players in that case will enter as either draftees or automatically on their real life teams depending on options. They will not be imported into a feeder league.
Rain King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 03:50 PM   #6
Cole
Hall Of Famer

What is the format and teams in the major league?
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 05:53 AM   #7
Lord PichuPal
All Star Reserve

I always love doing fictional leagues and checking out new ones people make, this one definitely catches my interest with this premise, especially with having uniforms for all teams involved. I'll give this a look for sure.
Old 12-09-2018, 11:19 PM   #8
Lawn Loaf
Banned

Infractions: 0/1 (3)
Ha Ha Ha, "quest" is the perfect definition of my current project. I was thinking of maybe adding "infinite" to that definition and summing it up to perfection. Never mind, it's a labor of love, thanks for this, I'm downloading to check it out now!
Lawn Loaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 11:21 PM   #9
Lawn Loaf
Banned

Infractions: 0/1 (3)
And to add, you and everyone else is more than welcome to use the HS uniform sets I have made on any quickstart, that's what they are there for!
Lawn Loaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 09:58 PM   #10
spleen1015
Hall Of Famer

Thank you for this. I am giving it a run through.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 12:24 AM   #11
spleen1015
Hall Of Famer

Over night last night and through the day today I simmed to the middle of 1975 with this. I made some tweaks to the settings to fit what I like, for example I turned off Advanced Draftee Signing.

I am seeing some cool things. The guy who owns the single season HR record in the NCAA was drafted by the Orioles in the 2nd round in 1944. He was traded a month into his first professional season to the Southern Maryland Blue Crabs in the independent league, the Atlantic League. Then during the off season he was traded to the Yankees. He finally hit the majors in 1949 and played until 1963, playing for 5 different teams in the majors, twice with the Cubs.

The Atlantic League's career HR leader hit 110 HR in the league, playing in the league for 4 years. He was drafted out of Texas Tech by the Brewers, the 8th overall pick in the 1953 draft. They traded him to the Somerset Patriots in the off season heading into the 1958 season. 1958 through 1960 he played in the Atlantic League. Then the Cubs purchased his contract after the 1960 season. They traded him to the White Sox after the 1962 season and then the White Sox traded him to the Long Island Ducks and he was back in the Atlantic league for part of 1964.

I think it is cool to see guys bouncing between leagues like this.

One question, I think you have the finances set to 2018. I changed the MLB to follow history but I didn't think to check the Atlantic League and the salaries there have been modern day salaries. Is that right that you left finances are modern day?

Thanks for putting this together. I always get stuck building my universes and I never seem to actually play them. I think I am going to play this one for a while.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 12:41 PM   #12
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
Over night last night and through the day today I simmed to the middle of 1975 with this. I made some tweaks to the settings to fit what I like, for example I turned off Advanced Draftee Signing.

I am seeing some cool things. The guy who owns the single season HR record in the NCAA was drafted by the Orioles in the 2nd round in 1944. He was traded a month into his first professional season to the Southern Maryland Blue Crabs in the independent league, the Atlantic League. Then during the off season he was traded to the Yankees. He finally hit the majors in 1949 and played until 1963, playing for 5 different teams in the majors, twice with the Cubs.

The Atlantic League's career HR leader hit 110 HR in the league, playing in the league for 4 years. He was drafted out of Texas Tech by the Brewers, the 8th overall pick in the 1953 draft. They traded him to the Somerset Patriots in the off season heading into the 1958 season. 1958 through 1960 he played in the Atlantic League. Then the Cubs purchased his contract after the 1960 season. They traded him to the White Sox after the 1962 season and then the White Sox traded him to the Long Island Ducks and he was back in the Atlantic league for part of 1964.

I think it is cool to see guys bouncing between leagues like this.

One question, I think you have the finances set to 2018. I changed the MLB to follow history but I didn't think to check the Atlantic League and the salaries there have been modern day salaries. Is that right that you left finances are modern day?

Thanks for putting this together. I always get stuck building my universes and I never seem to actually play them. I think I am going to play this one for a while.
Sounds cool. I had asked OP originally but never got an answer ... there are details about the high school and college feeders and the indepedant league but not the major league... what are the teams and structure of the major league in this quick start?

Edit: I guess as I re-read your post that it's an MLB structure? (from reading Orioles, Yankees, etc)

Last edited by Cole; 12-21-2018 at 12:43 PM.
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 01:07 AM   #13
stealofhome
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole View Post
What is the format and teams in the major league?
Sorry for taking so long to get back on this. It is basically current MLB with just a couple tweaks. Nationals turn back into Expos (just for the unis!) and Miami Marlins turn back to the Florida Marlins. I believe that is it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015
That's right, I didn't want to mess with the finances very much so I left everything in 2018 dollars. I wanted to make the Indy league good enough so that some of the 35/40 OVR players would sign there, but not so good that the top FA would go there instead of staying in the majors. I think I would rather have the finances change with history but just didn't feel comfortable enough getting it to work correctly.
Old 01-13-2019, 02:02 AM   #14
stealofhome
Hall Of Famer

Edited link with updated file that I'm using in my fictional thread.
Old 01-31-2019, 07:50 PM   #15
grabursok55
Bat Boy

Quote:
Edited link with updated file that I'm using in my fictional thread.
Hey,

BRAND new to this game. I think this mod sounds awesome, and am trying to install it. I got the file saved as a ".quick" and put in the appropriate folder, and can see it in game. However, when I try to start the quick game, it says something about opening the workshop central and downloading it. Could you offer me a bit of insight.

Thanks!
grabursok55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 11:10 AM   #16
stealofhome
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by grabursok55 View Post
Hey,

BRAND new to this game. I think this mod sounds awesome, and am trying to install it. I got the file saved as a ".quick" and put in the appropriate folder, and can see it in game. However, when I try to start the quick game, it says something about opening the workshop central and downloading it. Could you offer me a bit of insight.

Thanks!
Hmmm, I've never seen that and I know others have been able to use the file. I'll have to look into it and see if I can figure out what's going on.
Old 02-02-2019, 01:36 AM   #17
grabursok55
Bat Boy

Quote:
Hmmm, I've never seen that and I know others have been able to use the file. I'll have to look into it and see if I can figure out what's going on.
Ah, this may be the issue... I have OOTP 18. Iam used to madden mods where they mostly work between iterations. Is this an issue?

Thanks!
grabursok55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 03:18 AM   #18
seraphhimm
Bat Boy

Damn i would like to use this quick start but i cant for, some reason get by April 10th, as soon as April 10th hits the game crashes i dont knoww if anyone else has this problem. I've tried everything in OOTP to try and find the problem but no success
seraphhimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 01:48 PM   #19
stealofhome
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by seraphhimm View Post
Damn i would like to use this quick start but i cant for, some reason get by April 10th, as soon as April 10th hits the game crashes i dont knoww if anyone else has this problem. I've tried everything in OOTP to try and find the problem but no success

The only thing I can think is the different versions may be an issue. I've added another file from where the play through is at 1993.
Old 01-25-2020, 09:39 PM   #20
UltimateAverageGuy
All Star Reserve

I'll assume i have to import this to OOTP 19 and then transfer to 20?
UltimateAverageGuy is offline   Reply With Quote