Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team > PT Bug Reports Forum

PT Bug Reports Forum Have a Perfect Team bug to report? Please post here.

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2018, 10:24 PM   #41
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYY #23 View Post
Not to mention controls to prevent teams from going below 25 active players, and for putting a hitter on the mound, unless they are a two-way player.

Looks like it's 4274 after the reset, according to the universe screen.
SOrry, I thought it was more. Still to many to watch I would think.
Old 12-08-2018, 10:37 PM   #42
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfslice View Post
What a joke that is. Say whatever you want but don't try and tell me I won't be stuck in whale league. I mean, like I said, i dont really care, but i happen to be in the same division with the Seven Kingdom Knights, who is also leading the entire league. He is 119-40.

His lineup: Mauer, Trout, Goldschmidt, Yelich, Judge, Ramierz, Martinez, Lindor, Arenado.

Pitching: Degrom, Scherzer, Sale, Syndergaard, Bauer.

I'm surprised I've managed to stay .500 as completely f2p.

I don't really care that he spent that money, that's fine. I just don't wanna be in the same league with him again. Seeing his team annoys me.
Please don’t get upset with me and say I am a idiot because I will admit it so the point would be lost but if you can make the playoffs anything can happen. I remember the last beta where a team called the Monks not only beat my team which was very good but also took a stacked team to 7 games for the Championship. I think the Monks won maybe 89 or 90 games and I won 100 and the stacked team won 109 or 110 something like that and were obviously the cream of our league and the Monks not only beat me in 7 but also took the whale team to 7 so I believe anything can happen in a short series.
Old 12-08-2018, 10:40 PM   #43
noragar
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddox View Post
I was in third place in all three seasons of Beta.

Season 1 I was the lowest rated team to advance from my league
Season 2 I was smoked as that was first season with stacked teams. I still finished in third. I stayed in this league
Season 3 the whales had all moved up a level. I had my best season and made the playoffs as a wildcard

Hang with it. Let promotion and relegation work for a few weeks. Nobody ever respects a team that tanks because they want to face easier competition.
In the Beta as FTP

Season 1 I finished a couple games over 0.500, didn't make the playoffs but advanced
Season 2 I expected to get blown out, but finished a couple games over 0.500, didn't make the playoffs but advanced
Season 3 I won 92 or 93 games to win my division, pulled Nolan Arenado out of a pack during the last week of the season and beat a 107 win team in the World Series

That made not tanking well worth it to me. I'm currently sitting at 79-79. Never considered tanking, though I am taking the opportunity to build up a couple out-of-position defensive ratings which I'm sure I wouldn't be doing if I were fighting for a playoff spot.
Old 12-08-2018, 10:42 PM   #44
wolfslice
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
Please don’t get upset with me and say I am a idiot because I will admit it so the point would be lost but if you can make the playoffs anything can happen. I remember the last beta where a team called the Monks not only beat my team which was very good but also took a stacked team to 7 games for the Championship. I think the Monks won maybe 89 or 90 games and I won 100 and the stacked team won 109 or 110 something like that and were obviously the cream of our league and the Monks not only beat me in 7 but also took the whale team to 7 so I believe anything can happen in a short series.
Hey man I don't think anyone is an idiot on these forums. I'm still kinda new but everyone seems really cool.

I know anything can happen too, it's at least *somewhat* amusing that I managed to go .500 and still be like 35 games back in my division (due to pure whaleage). That alone is kind of a win.

My only point is that I'd PREFER to just not advance and let these kids who paid good money play in their own sandbox. My guess is that f2p players who have consistently improved will catch up fully within 2 real years, or when OOTP21 is out. Hopefully people are still playing their OOTP19 perfect teams here and there.

Last edited by wolfslice; 12-08-2018 at 10:45 PM.
Old 12-08-2018, 10:45 PM   #45
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by noragar View Post

That made not tanking well worth it to me. I'm currently sitting at 79-79. Never considered tanking, though I am taking the opportunity to build up a couple out-of-position defensive ratings which I'm sure I wouldn't be doing if I were fighting for a playoff spot.
. Wow, That is pretty smart. I like that. You would be fun to complete against. Smart player....
Old 12-08-2018, 10:47 PM   #46
NYY #23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
What a joke that is. Say whatever you want but don't try and tell me I won't be stuck in whale league. I mean, like I said, i dont really care, but i happen to be in the same division with the Seven Kingdom Knights, who is also leading the entire league. He is 119-40.

His lineup: Mauer, Trout, Goldschmidt, Yelich, Judge, Ramierz, Martinez, Lindor, Arenado.

I don't really care that he spent that money, that's fine. I just don't wanna be in the same league with him again. Seeing his team annoys me.
I have no respect for any team that tanks or purposely loses though. And to make a post in a thread about teams purposely tanking makes even less sense.

I'm 26 games behind my division winner, and I'm playing .528 ball. He's got an advantage in his lineup, bench, rotation, and bullpen, but I have no control of that. His team was solid from the start, and the easy choice would have been to field a lesser team, but I've done what I can to improve my team throughout the year. I really enjoyed taking 2 of 3 when we met last.

So I can completely sympathize with what you are up against, but tanking isn't the way to fix that.
Old 12-08-2018, 10:48 PM   #47
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Hey man I don't think anyone is an idiot on these forums. I'm still kinda new but everyone seems really cool.

I know anything can happen too, it's at least *somewhat* amusing that I managed to go .500 and still be like 35 games back in my division (due to pure whaleage). That alone is kind of a win.

My only point is that I'd PREFER to just not advance and let these kids who paid good money play in their own sandbox. My guess is that f2p players who have consistently improved will catch up fully within 2 real years, or when OOTP21 is out. Hopefully people are still playing their OOTP19 perfect teams here and there.
At the end of beta, I finished the season with 99 wins. Yet I was 32 GB the division winner, who went 131-31.
Old 12-08-2018, 10:50 PM   #48
wolfslice
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYY #23 View Post
I have no respect for any team that tanks or purposely loses though. And to make a post in a thread about teams purposely tanking makes even less sense.

I'm 26 games behind my division winner, and I'm playing .528 ball. He's got an advantage in his lineup, bench, rotation, and bullpen, but I have no control of that. His team was solid from the start, and the easy choice would have been to field a lesser team, but I've done what I can to improve my team throughout the year. I really enjoyed taking 2 of 3 when we met last.

So I can completely sympathize with what you are up against, but tanking isn't the way to fix that.
Yeah I can understand that and ultimately I'm more or less like you are. There is some measure of self respect involved As I said, I won't tank the last few games. I've only posted here because the thought at least crossed my mind, and it sure would be nice to see less of the Seven Kingdom Knights (and friends) next league.

Last edited by wolfslice; 12-08-2018 at 10:51 PM.
Old 12-08-2018, 10:54 PM   #49
vyshka
Major Leagues

Quote:

Hopefully someone in the AC West will beat him in the WS. I'll be lucky if I make it out of the wildcard game, but I managed to win the WS going through the wildcard in beta so anything is possible. 7 games with him though will be painful.

Last edited by vyshka; 12-08-2018 at 10:57 PM.
Old 12-08-2018, 10:58 PM   #50
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstrickert View Post
At the end of beta, I finished the season with 99 wins. Yet I was 32 GB the division winner, who went 131-31.
wow. Not only did he have a good team but he must of done a lot of things right to win that many. You can have the players but I believe you also have to know how to play them and which ones to keep..
Old 12-09-2018, 04:50 AM   #51
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

This user is now banned. Thanks for reporting! Whenever you see something like this, please use the "Report Team" function in the team screen of the suspected cheater. The more reports we get, the faster we can act

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 12-10-2018 at 06:35 AM.
Closed Thread