Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion

Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion Talk about the latest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 09-28-2017, 09:57 AM   #1
USRaider
Bat Boy

Some Questions...

Hello,

I bought FHM3 last year because I do like hockey and thought it would be fun to play the game. I am a veteran of OOTP 17 and 18 and really enjoyed those games. FHM3, however, I had a hard time with. I thought the game would be like OOTP in that it would come "ready to go" with lineups established and you could learn as you go. That wasn't the case as (or maybe I did something wrong), with FHM3, I had to plug the players in and even that I had a difficult time (setting lines, defense pairings, etc.).

Did I do something wrong and would it be worth giving FHM4 a shot this year (because, like I said, I didn't have such a great experience with FHM3).

Thanks in advance for any answers!
USRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 11:01 AM   #2
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

You could start by letting the AI handle some parts of the game (e.g. lines, scouting, training, ...) or ask your Assistant for help (he would dress player and/or setup your organization, including lines). You could also start as GM Only and concentrate on that part.

I think the only difference to OOTP is that the lines are not pre-set but there are a few options to change this even when you don´t want to do it yourself (that was the case in FHM 3 and still is the case in FHM 4 as well).

If you have any questions make sure to post here as we are always open to help!
Old 09-29-2017, 12:16 AM   #3
Sabres2000
All Star Reserve

is there a youtube video or a video done by ootpdevelopments that explains in depth about the tactics? even if its fhm3 i dont think it would change that much from verison 3 to verison 4
Sabres2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 01:41 AM   #4
JeffR
FHM Producer

I did go through them in detail in one of my streams with Adam; not sure of the exact date but it would've been one of the early ones from FHM3, likely in November 2016.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 01:55 AM   #5
fishbowlninja
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Question here, so I usually play as GM only, but if I wish to keep 2 players together to form chemistry, is there a way to force the head coach to team them together all season? Or will I be required to be the head coach?

Not going to lie, eventually I just get lazy about making lines, even with assistant coach creating lines. But the game is still fun, so I do what I gotta do.
fishbowlninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 05:38 AM   #6
JeffR
FHM Producer

Not right now. I'm trying to figure out how to get the AI to take chemistry into account when making line decisions. It's not that difficult to figure out that if A is on a line and B has good chemistry with him, B should be more likely to play with him; but it gets a little more complicated deciding, for example, whether that line should start out with A on it, or if it should be C, who's plays the same position but isn't as good as A, but has good chemistry with D and E, who are better than B. And the answer may vary depending on the overall purpose of the line, since chemistry is a little more useful offensively.

And the line selection AI needs to be stable again before I can start working that out; we've made some significant modifications to it in the last couple of weeks.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 08:24 AM   #7
fishbowlninja
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanks for the speedy response Jeff, I really appreciate it!

I can't wait to play!
fishbowlninja is offline   Reply With Quote