Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2015, 09:13 PM   #21
Trebro
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Déjà Bru View Post
I want to show you something. Recently, I decided to cut WAY back in the amount of computer games that I actually play and enjoy. No sense in having all the other run-of-the-mill stuff on my laptop.

Well, FHM2 now joins my pantheon of greats as shown below. Will it live up to its publicity and retain its place here? Only time and gameplay will tell.
We play a LOT of the same games, Bru.
(P.S. My wife and I are on a month-long string of Civ V duels. She just finished cleaning my clock. But I trounced her last time, so...)

Trebro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 11:52 PM   #22
RCR86
Bat Boy

Firing up my first game! Thank you guys for your hard work.
RCR86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 03:32 PM   #23
Cod
All Star Reserve

On Steam, the game is already priced at $39.99. I thought the game would be on sale until 6 October based on the what was said on the website. Am I out-of-luck getting it at the discounted price? I should mention, I would rather own the game on Steam.

I asked this on Steam as well, but figured I'd get a faster response here.
Cod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 03:42 PM   #24
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cod View Post
On Steam, the game is already priced at $39.99. I thought the game would be on sale until 6 October based on the what was said on the website. Am I out-of-luck getting it at the discounted price? I should mention, I would rather own the game on Steam.

I asked this on Steam as well, but figured I'd get a faster response here.
Answered you on Steam, but yeah, they kill the discount exactly one week after launch, so I think it ended at noon eastern today. I believe eSellerate will still have it at the discounted price the rest of the day, though.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 03:48 PM   #25
Cod
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Answered you on Steam, but yeah, they kill the discount exactly one week after launch, so I think it ended at noon eastern today. I believe eSellerate will still have it at the discounted price the rest of the day, though.
Can I get a Steam key through eSellerRate? I'm not sure if that's possible. Guess I'll just have to wait until the next Steam sale .

Thanks for the timely responses Jeff.
Cod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 04:06 PM   #26
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

No, you don't get a Steam key from eSellerate.

You can add the game to your Steam Library but afaik it will not update automatically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cod View Post
Can I get a Steam key through eSellerRate? I'm not sure if that's possible. Guess I'll just have to wait until the next Steam sale .

Thanks for the timely responses Jeff.
Old 10-22-2015, 09:57 PM   #27
KevT90
Minors (Double A)

From digging and reading through forums and from my lengthy experience in playing EHM, I have a perception that EHM is still ahead in terms of gameplay and overall satisfaction of a hockey simulation game, or at least, from my personal preferences. (being more of a realistic mode player than a fictional mode adept)

The strong hesitation I have in buying this game is the price.

I wouldn't mind paying for a game I wouldn't play to help and support development, as I am a big hockey simulation game fan, but not for 44$ CAN.

I forgot that the Steam platform has adopted a new refund policy not too long ago where you can buy any game and get full refund, no questioned asked, if less than 2 hours played. I may do just that and at the same time letting others know about this. Whoever wanted to get a feel of the game before committing to buy at that price can proceed that way.

Anyways, just putting this out so the Dev's team is aware that there is a bigger pool of players, like myself, that would eventually give their money but are not ready to pay that much for a game not ''exclusively'' better than its competitor, available at almost 1/3 of the price of FHM2 ...

I am ''aware'' of the big improvement FHM2 made over FHM and this is very good. At this rhythm, FHM''X'' may very well become the reference in the genre in the near future. There seem to have more resources and commitment into FHM than EHM and this may grab the attention of people like me in future major updates or further standalone releases.

Hopefully the sales for FHM2 are good and will keep you motivated and committed to improve the hockey simulation genre. If they are not as expected, as I said, there are people like me that are on the edge and see the potential and are hopeful to see the game prove itself more and set new benchmarks so that we really are ready to give our money into it !
KevT90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 11:03 PM   #28
krownroyal83
All Star Reserve

Coming from someone that has both games and is completely unbiased neither game is the clear better game. Every few days i change which game i like more. Currently it's EHM but tomorrow after the patch it may very well switch back to FHM who knows. As i predicted before this game game out each game does things better than the other one. Neither are perfect but both do things that are way better than the other one. If only they could combine the best aspects of both games and make a super hockey sim game . I'd pay $100 easily for that. Is FHM worth $44 price? For me it is but i bought it for cheaper the first week. I can understand why it would not be for everyone. Also there is a reason why EHM is so cheap. For one it's still in early access and two it's just EHM 2007 that has gone over a major overhauling. If it ever gets out of EA you will be paying a lot more and rightly so since it's worth way more then they are currently selling it for.

In regards to buying the game on steam and getting your money back after two hours if you don't like it. Two hours won't be anywhere long enough to make a good call on whether you think it's a good game or not. You would probably need a solid weekend of play to determine if the game is for you. The people that are involved with FHM 2 are very active on these forums which goes a long way with me and they are trying their best to improve this game which they are doing. The game will take a decent amount of time to be where it needs to be but it's very playable at this point. If it wasn't trust me i would not be playing it but i will say it's not quite great enough yet to make me not switch back between sim games as the other game has features in it that need to be in this one to make it more enjoyable. I hope both games end up being super successful. It's nice to have options.

Last edited by krownroyal83; 10-22-2015 at 11:07 PM.
krownroyal83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 08:01 PM   #29
KevT90
Minors (Double A)

I'm sure there are elements of this game that I would like and find smart. I am a hockey sim fan after all.

It is not solely on the price but enjoyment VS price when compared to the competition.

I agree EHM:EA is an overhaul of the 2007 version and that they probably didn't have to invest the same amount of time than FHM2.

But at the end of the day, I believe EHM would still give me a little bit more than FHM2 according to my taste and for much cheaper.

However the progression of EHM is slow in my opinion. They had the exclusiveness of the hockey sim genre so that didn't matter but they are not anymore !

FHM was created not even 2 years ago and an apparent major improvement was made within a year with FHM2.

Never saw such thing with EHM. EHM:EA feels like EHM 2007 who felt like EHM 2005 ...

I am almost wishing to see FHM take over that exclusiveness EHM always had because they seem to be putting ''more'' into the game genre, judging by their respective progression. That's good news for FHM ! because some people like me will eventually convert if they keep improving it.

I've been a long time EHM fan, but frustrated by the progression now that someone else is climbing faster ...

Last edited by KevT90; 10-24-2015 at 08:03 PM.
Old 10-24-2015, 08:47 PM   #30
BlackIce
All Star Reserve

I just want to add my few cents and say I was a EHM supporter for years, myself I believe they were the king back then in hockey simming (and they were) but they decided to direct they're resources elsewhere and instead of taking the opportunity to improve the game and retry another marketing approach to better sell the product they quit... in doing so they quit on every single person who supported them over the years.

Now they have small patches every so often to update a going on 8 year old game. I do not have any animosity to anyone who still supports the EHM series nor enjoys playing it as it does still hold value and gameplay experience to everyone who chooses to play it.

I believe FHM2 is the future of hockey simming and is already light years ahead of EHM, sure they have other features and gizmos that FHM doesn't have (at this time) and other people might consider the EHM easier with those features but they'res no denying the game engines and that's FHM2 giving you the most realistic experience in any of the two.

OOTP is also commited to adding features and improving the game nonstop, EHM not so much. I *was* a supporter of EHM for years, until they turn they're backs on us leaving a real bad taste in my mouth ever since, my moneys on OOTP and will continue to be for many years to come.
BlackIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 09:37 PM   #31
KevT90
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackIce View Post
I believe FHM2 is the future of hockey simming
I lean towards this now as well. Maybe FHM3 though ?

Quote:
they'res no denying the game engines and that's FHM2 giving you the most realistic experience in any of the two.
Although it seems the ''stats'' are more realistic, none of the game seem to be able to explain exhaustively how their game engine works.

EHM is claiming that the engine can take into account things like the new icing rule where the whistle is blown if the D crosses the circle before the opposing team player. That can be observed on the 2D engine as well. Therefore we would have to assume that the game knows the position of each player even without possession of the puck.

FHM2 doesn't know where each defensive player is on the ice at all time.

The most performant and complex game engine won't necessarily result in more accurate real life stats.

So I have my doubt on which is the ''better'' engine, accurate real life stat or not ... I am of the opinion EHM as a more complex game engine that consider/simulate more things.

This is the most important feature of any sim game.

Quote:
OOTP is also commited to adding features and improving the game nonstop, EHM not so much.
I said exactly that too !

Last edited by KevT90; 10-24-2015 at 09:41 PM.