Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Online Leagues
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-2011, 01:51 AM   #1
ChubbyBanana
Bat Boy

Exclamation MAC User with Import/Export Problems

I've been pulling my hair out trying to figure out what is wrong with things on my end, so I figured I'd turn to you guys here for some help.

I've been working with Fidel trying to get my league files and reports uploaded correctly. He's been able to take my file and upload the reports/file and ship it back to me.

However when I use the file that works for him, I can't upload reports or league files. I get a "Cannot Connect to FTP" Error.

I've placed my Macbook in the DMZ of my router. I can connect to the FTP using Filezilla and other programs. Even when testing the settings OOTP will connect. But when I go to upload anything it errors out.

I tried editing the App.cfg file and going with FTP Passive set at "1" and "0", but neither solved my issues.

I've even tried creating a brand new/smaller league but to no avail.

Any help you guys could provide I'd be gracious for.
ChubbyBanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 08:03 AM   #2
Alan T
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChubbyBanana View Post
I've been pulling my hair out trying to figure out what is wrong with things on my end, so I figured I'd turn to you guys here for some help.

I've been working with Fidel trying to get my league files and reports uploaded correctly. He's been able to take my file and upload the reports/file and ship it back to me.

However when I use the file that works for him, I can't upload reports or league files. I get a "Cannot Connect to FTP" Error.

I've placed my Macbook in the DMZ of my router. I can connect to the FTP using Filezilla and other programs. Even when testing the settings OOTP will connect. But when I go to upload anything it errors out.

I tried editing the App.cfg file and going with FTP Passive set at "1" and "0", but neither solved my issues.

I've even tried creating a brand new/smaller league but to no avail.

Any help you guys could provide I'd be gracious for.

I have not been able to confirm it yet in testing, but I believe there is a bug with the ftp code for mac clients. It sounds like you are a commish of a league right? My suggestion for a work around for you for now would be to create the files in game, but then ftp them manually using a ftp client and not from within game for now. You will have to likely do this for league files, reports and team exports.
Old 06-30-2011, 06:45 PM   #3
Alan T
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
If one of the mac users that is having this problem could install the new ootp patch and see if the problem is fixed, that would be very helpful to me.

Thanks!
Old 07-01-2011, 01:30 AM   #4
ChubbyBanana
Bat Boy

Quote:
I tried uploading the files after installing the patch and still no luck. I still get "Error: Cannot Connect to FTP"

I'm hoping the FTP Code for Mac users will be fixed/looked at in the next patch. Besides manual upload/download, that's my only option as a commish correct?
Old 07-01-2011, 08:01 AM   #5
Alan T
All Star Starter

Quote:
I tried uploading the files after installing the patch and still no luck. I still get "Error: Cannot Connect to FTP"

I'm hoping the FTP Code for Mac users will be fixed/looked at in the next patch. Besides manual upload/download, that's my only option as a commish correct?
For a commish on a mac, yes until it is fixed. But word is that hopefully this will be resolved in a new patch that will be going up.
Old 07-01-2011, 04:54 PM   #6
ChubbyBanana
Bat Boy

Well I'm glad they are aware and looking into the issue.

Until then ill put my league plans on hold.

Thanks again for your help Alan.
Old 07-01-2011, 05:06 PM   #7
Alan T
All Star Starter

Quote:
Well I'm glad they are aware and looking into the issue.

Until then ill put my league plans on hold.

Thanks again for your help Alan.
Actually the new patch that fixes your problem is out now (they put it up a little while ago).

Give it a try and see if it solves your problem!
Old 07-02-2011, 02:14 PM   #8
CT-Sox-Fan
Minors (Double A)

In answer to Alan's answer, yes, I'm a mac user commish of one league and involved in testing for a second. The new patch fixed the Mac ftp problems for me. Thanks so much!

Dave
CT-Sox-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 11:53 AM   #9
ChubbyBanana
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT-Sox-Fan View Post
In answer to Alan's answer, yes, I'm a mac user commish of one league and involved in testing for a second. The new patch fixed the Mac ftp problems for me. Thanks so much!

Dave
12.1.11 fixed the upload of league files for me also via FTP. The only issue I'm still having is the game won't let me unpack league reports after uploading MySQL. I have to manually run a script to do so.

I'm still having one owner who says his Mac won't upload his team exports,and that it gives him an error. He's updated to 12.1.11.
Old 07-03-2011, 02:01 PM   #10
crockies99
Minors (Double A)

Problems withe exports and updating on a mac

1a. Download the latest patch/file from OOTP version12.1.11
Did this.

1b. Head over to the league main webpage and sign in.primetimeba
Did this.

2. Locate the link"League File"on the lower left side of the page. Click and download.
Did this.

3. Extract contents into your saved_games folder. Title itPTBA.lg
Did this.

4. Note: There is no settings folder in this download so you must do the following in order to exporthttp://primetimeba.com/game/lgfile/settings
I created a folder and called it "settings."

5. Download and place the accountsdata_gms.dat file into your settings folder. You can put all the files in there but I am pretty sure the accounts data gms is the most important.

I placedaccountsdata commish.datin the created settings folder. I placed theacountsdata gms.datin the settings folder. Thedb.cfgfile didn't have anything on it. I just received a goofy code. No download at all. I did notice that after I started the file though it created it's owndb.cfgfile. I placed thelast date league file uploaded.datin the created settings folder.

6. ----
7. Load up the game and log into your team
Did this.

8. Click Manager Options
Did this.

9. ClickUse password for loginand come up with a password that you will not forget
Did this.

10. Head back to the manager home section and clickexport team via FTP
Did this.

I still get an error -202 code when I try to export. I don't know if this is due to any issues with ootp 12 and mac osx or not, but I wanted to let you now what exactly I did.

When I try to update league files I get "error could not unzip league files"
crockies99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 04:05 PM   #11
ChubbyBanana
Bat Boy

I'm still having issues post patch with downloading team files from my FTP Server.

It shows they are there, but when I go to download them it says "Error" next to the human players who have exported.

So right now I'm having them email me the files, and then I'm shipping the league forward and emailing it back out towards them.

From both Commissioner Portal and Game Setup is this problem persistant.
Old 07-04-2011, 11:08 AM   #12
Alan T
All Star Starter

crockies and Chubby, if you both can take an ftp trace (from ootp main screen -> preferences -> troubleshooting) and then cut and paste the results of the ftp trace while attempting to do the ftp function that is failing. PM the results to me and I'll take a look to see if I see anything.

Thanks,
Alan
Old 07-04-2011, 03:15 PM   #13
huskerdan25
Major Leagues

I can now export via ftp but can't perform some commissioner steps such as importing all teams from the server and I can't get the email settings to work. Both work just fine in the PC version but not the Mac. I have moved over to the PC version to conduct sims but would prefer to use my Macbook for everything.
huskerdan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 01:18 AM   #14
crockies99
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
crockies and Chubby, if you both can take an ftp trace (from ootp main screen -> preferences -> troubleshooting) and then cut and paste the results of the ftp trace while attempting to do the ftp function that is failing. PM the results to me and I'll take a look to see if I see anything.

Thanks,
Alan
Quote:

Thanks,
Alan
When I click "Open log file ftp_trace.txt" it says:

FTP log file not found, or in use by another program. Could not open the file.

Am I doing something wrong?

Any updates on MAC users and online leagues being able to work? I am still having problems exporting and updating.

Thanks!
Old 07-05-2011, 05:31 AM   #15
crockies99
Minors (Double A)

Problems exporting with MAC

I am in two ootp 12 online leagues. I can't export in either one. I can't update either. When I export I get a -202 error in one league and a -201 error in the other. ootp 11 works just fine for me though.
Old 07-05-2011, 07:58 AM   #16
Alan T
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by crockies99 View Post
When I click "Open log file ftp_trace.txt" it says:

FTP log file not found, or in use by another program. Could not open the file.

Am I doing something wrong?

Any updates on MAC users and online leagues being able to work? I am still having problems exporting and updating.

Thanks!

Before loading your league file, while on the oOtp12 main screen, click on preferences and then click the troubleshooting tab. There should be a pulldown that you can change to read "Write ftp log to disk" (or something like that, I'm doing this from memory and don't have the game in front of me right now).

Once you change that pull down to write the log to your disk, you then can click ok and load your league file. Do your normal ftp attempt that has been failing at this time. Once that errors out, you should be able to go back to the ootp12 main screen -> preferences -> troubleshooting and click on the button to open the ftp trace log file and it should have information in it for you now.
Old 07-05-2011, 12:51 PM   #17
crockies99
Minors (Double A)

I sent you a PM. Thanks! Hopefully that can help figure out the problem.
Old 07-08-2011, 07:46 AM   #18
Alan T
All Star Starter

Are there still any mac users with problems? I believe the PMs I received all got worked out and thus far as long as people were sure to be running 12.1.11, and had settings correct the ftp functions worked correctly.

Still willing to help if there are any other mac users with issues.
Old 07-08-2011, 08:52 AM   #19
Phatman
Minors (Double A)

I am also having issues. I will send you a PM.
Phatman is offline   Reply With Quote