Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Names and Nations
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2006, 03:14 AM   #1
MrHaroldG
Major Leagues

Adding ethnic groups?

I was wondering if there is a way to add ethnic groups? Suppose, for instance, that I was creating a Bulgarian league and had a Bulgarian name list, and wanted to add their ethnic group to the list?

I do score at home.
MrHaroldG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 03:38 AM   #2
sean-patin
Minors (Triple A)

I think you would have to add them to the nations.txt file..... but then I don't know if any players would be found there because there might not be any cities (might have to add cities to cities.txt too).... i am not 100% sure though... someone else should be able to help out better!
sean-patin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 05:21 AM   #3
Dogzilla
Major Leagues

Right now (since there is no Bulgarian name set) any players from Bulgaria would use mostly Romanian with some Albanian names (which I think is inaccurate, Bulgarian names are much more similar to Russian names)...but you could add a Bulgarian name set which could be as accurate as you wanted. So, take a look at this list:
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=120862
and decide which set you can do without and replace it. I'm sure there is a good thread on modifying the names files somewhere. Of course, back up your originals so you can always get you default name sets back. When your done modifying the names.txt and firstnames.txt files, go to the nations.txt file and change Bulgaria to use your added set. Good info on the nations.txt file here:
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=120866
Don't worry about the cities.txt file! All cities and towns in Bulgaria are already in there and will work fine without any editing.
Dogzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 09:10 AM   #4
Raidergoo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHaroldG
I was wondering if there is a way to add ethnic groups? Suppose, for instance, that I was creating a Bulgarian league and had a Bulgarian name list, and wanted to add their ethnic group to the list?
Your best bet for a Bulgarian ethnic name set would be to give them name set #39. #39 is the US Historical name set, added to give a pre WWII flavor to American names. I do not think any nation in nations.txt draws on it.

In the two name files, delete the names with ethnicity 39, and replace with Bulgarian names.

In nations.txt, alter Bulgaria to use ethnicity 39 at whatever % you like.
Raidergoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 03:39 PM   #5
MrHaroldG
Major Leagues

Or I could simply edit the players' names within the game itself (glad I thought of that!)

I do score at home.
MrHaroldG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 03:44 PM   #6
Raidergoo
Hall Of Famer

A sledgehammer works every time!
Old 06-04-2006, 05:04 PM   #7
NYYOVK
Bat Boy

I take it that adding ethnicities (ex: #40 and above) is out of the question, then?
NYYOVK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 05:08 PM   #8
Raidergoo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYYOVK
I take it that adding ethnicities (ex: #40 and above) is out of the question, then?
At this time, yes.