Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 02-08-2020, 08:40 PM   #1
Ravenmaniac
Bat Boy

New To The Game, Am I Missing How to Get PT Points?

So , it seems there are very few accomplishments that pay out PP's in PT, and they are generally 20-100 points each. You can auction cards, but of course those of us starting don't have cards with huge values. Accomplishments in the regular game don't give you PP's in Perfect Team, right?

So is really the only way to get points for packs is to spend money, so this is basically a "spend to win game". I was hoping it was a little more balanced, but don't see how anyone gets these "millions of pp points" playing the game.

Can anyone help with more information on this?
Ravenmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 09:04 PM   #2
pgjocki
All Star Starter

You get points every game played when you accomplish one of the hundreds of tasks or special events.

If you are starting focus heavy on offense, like lots of homeruns, and don't invest in pitching.

Pitching wins championships and championships get you promoted to a level where you eventually get slaughtered.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 02-08-2020, 09:19 PM   #3
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenmaniac View Post
So , it seems there are very few accomplishments that pay out PP's in PT, and they are generally 20-100 points each. You can auction cards, but of course those of us starting don't have cards with huge values. Accomplishments in the regular game don't give you PP's in Perfect Team, right?

So is really the only way to get points for packs is to spend money, so this is basically a "spend to win game". I was hoping it was a little more balanced, but don't see how anyone gets these "millions of pp points" playing the game.

Can anyone help with more information on this?
No, you aren't missing anything. If you don't plan to spend money, earning PP passively through in-game achievements will be slow. Some of the achievements can pay out in the 1,000-10,000 PP range, but these are rare and unlikely to be accomplished without having the top cards. More likely, you'll earn ~10K in achievements per season/week.

Those with millions of PP at this point did that in some combination of the following ways:

(1) Spent a significant amount of money on the game (some upwards of $10K in real money).

(2) Got a fortuitous card in a pack (or by winning a tournament) and sold it for a lot of PP.

(3) Worked the auction house intensively, flipping certain cards for a sustained period of time.

(4) Took advantage of collecting a variety of cards early on, and then cashed in when different collection missions appeared creating demand for these cards (so basically a similar manner to #2).

You can "earn" a free pack once every 72 hours thru playing the base game in challenge mode. Many will select the 1927 Yankees and steamroll thru the 1927 season until the "you've won a pack" notification appears.

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 09:31 PM   #4
steamrollers
Minors (Single A)

You are somewhat right in that it definitely helps if you are willing to fork over some serious cash to succeed in PT. However there are tons of accomplishments that you can earn PP from every game, only in perfect team not in the regular old game. Most as you mentioned are in the smaller range but there are some accomplishments in the thousands.

Some people start dropping money in the beginning and it makes it much easier to accumulate massive amounts of PP early on and then it is just coasting as you always have extremely valuable cards if you want to sell and reuse the points. It doesn't mean it is the only way to win, there are very successful Free To Play players out there.You have to remember we are nearing a full year of this version of Perfect Team so teams have had that long to accumulate PP.

Your best bet if you are just starting out and have additional teams you want to do is take full advantage of the first week in entry pool and earn points before you actually join Iron League. Also take advantage of tourneys to earn free packs. You just have to grind them out as often times you will get knocked out against a far inferior opponent.

Then there is the thing you can't really control. Just have massive amounts of luck opening packs. It really only takes one big time card that can net you hundreds of thousands of points and then as mentioned above you can pretty much coast as you will always have valuable cards or PP to work with for the life of the game. Like I said, it is just dumb luck and some have had insane amounts of it. I have never been one of those guys to pull a 200K plus card in PT history but some pull them as often as the sun comes up in the morning.
steamrollers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 09:33 PM   #5
steamrollers
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by waittilnextyear View Post
No, you aren't missing anything. If you don't plan to spend money, earning PP passively through in-game achievements will be slow. Some of the achievements can pay out in the 1,000-10,000 PP range, but these are rare and unlikely to be accomplished without having the top cards. More likely, you'll earn ~10K in achievements per season/week.

Those with millions of PP at this point did that in some combination of the following ways:

(1) Spent a significant amount of money on the game (some upwards of $10K in real money).

(2) Got a fortuitous card in a pack (or by winning a tournament) and sold it for a lot of PP.

(3) Worked the auction house intensively, flipping certain cards for a sustained period of time.

(4) Took advantage of collecting a variety of cards early on, and then cashed in when different collection missions appeared creating demand for these cards (so basically a similar manner to #2).

You can "earn" a free pack once every 72 hours thru playing the base game in challenge mode. Many will select the 1927 Yankees and steamroll thru the 1927 season until the "you've won a pack" notification appears.

Excellent points although the free pack once every 72 hours has been proven false. I don't know if they actually ever announced that was the case but many have proven otherwise. I used to grind that before tourneys started and very rarely would get a pack anywhere even close to every 72 hours. Finally gave up that theory.
Old 02-08-2020, 10:53 PM   #6
Catchthedamnball
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamrollers View Post
I used to grind that before tourneys started and very rarely would get a pack anywhere even close to every 72 hours. Finally gave up that theory.
It is every 72 hours; sometimes it takes you multiple seasons before you earn it, and sometimes you have to delete the save and restart entirely instead of killing the program in task manager if you don't win a pack after a season of playing with the '27 Yankees.

Also, make sure you're logged into PT and that you're playing in challenge mode, otherwise you won't earn the pack.

Catchthedamnball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 11:05 PM   #7
steamrollers
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catchthedamnball View Post
It is every 72 hours; sometimes it takes you multiple seasons before you earn it, and sometimes you have to delete the save and restart entirely instead of killing the program in task manager if you don't win a pack after a season of playing with the '27 Yankees.

Also, make sure you're logged into PT and that you're playing in challenge mode, otherwise you won't earn the pack.

Yes, all of that is well known and like I said it isn't every 72 hours. Many people can confirm that. I know some get them like clockwork every 72 hours but it is certainly not everyone.
Old 02-08-2020, 11:20 PM   #8
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

starting so late you arent really going to be able to make a lot of points since the market is dying and there is nothing to invest in. I would just play around a bit to get a feel for the game and decide if you want to commit next year. Some people bought a ton of points but most of us didnt, eventually you can catch up to the whales with a better economic strategy and being more active.
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 12:22 AM   #9
Pine Tar
Minors (Double A)

Hey Raven

I am almost a noob here. I started a couple months ago and have not spent any money for PP coins. I am playing 3 teams and 2 are in gold and 1 in silver. My worst team will make a little under 10K this season (week). If I want to get any fun out of this I have to figure out what my goals are. I doubt I will dominate PL ever.

Right now I am enjoying the leagues I am in. My goal is to win the league series. My top team had won each league it has been in and I have league trophies for iron, bronze and silver. My other two teams have not been as lucky. I am hoping my top teams makes diamond this week but it is a bit of a long shot. Winning the gold series would be much more of a win for me.

I guess what I am saying is I am enjoying the challenge of the journey and not focusing on making PL. In fact it would not bother me to make promotions harder and demotions easier. Give some of my teams more chances at winning their leagues. My oh-fer team has not won any championships and probably won't unless I decide to tank them back to lower levels.

I had no idea that playing challenge mode would earn packs, I guess I will have to check that out. Remember enjoy the level you in and have fun with it. Being in PL doesn't make the game, enjoy the journey.

Pine Tar

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sometimes I wonder, whatever happened to all the people I gave directions to ..
Never take a sleeping pill and laxative at the same time.
Pine Tar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 03:08 AM   #10
Orion
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgjocki View Post
You get points every game played when you accomplish one of the hundreds of tasks or special events.

If you are starting focus heavy on offense, like lots of homeruns, and don't invest in pitching.

Pitching wins championships and championships get you promoted to a level where you eventually get slaughtered.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

SP's can generate good points, I would not punt pitching completely. It can be a bit depressing when every starter you have is crap. I would recommend getting 1 'Ace', even if you ignore pitching otherwise for the reasons above.

Orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 03:42 AM   #11
Izz
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamrollers View Post
Yes, all of that is well known and like I said it isn't every 72 hours. Many people can confirm that. I know some get them like clockwork every 72 hours but it is certainly not everyone.
72 hours is when the free pack clock resets. It may take you some time after that reset to grind a pack.

A brief history of the Australia-New Zealand Baseball League (AUNZBL 2019-2119)--A Dynasty Report
The National Penterham Four-Bases Association--A Dynasty Report
Izz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 12:13 PM   #12
Lemandria
All Star Reserve

One final note: we're near the end of this release, and spending massive cash at this time would be unwise.

The cards (or PP) you acquire now do *not* carry over to the next version.

That being said, there's still a lot you can learn and accomplish before the curtain draws closed.

Last edited by Lemandria; 02-09-2020 at 12:17 PM.
Lemandria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 05:24 AM   #13
QuantaCondor
All Star Reserve

The answer you're really looking for: use achievement PP to do collections. If you pick the right collections, you can sell off the collections cards for net profit. Doing this repeatedly is the best way to generate PP from nothing.

It is close to the end of the game lifecycle and the markets are slower than earlier on, so it's still possible to do this but I'd try to stick to doing sets with 10-15 cards rather than bigger ones. Look at the one for Brecheen as a good starting example: costs ~20-30k to do, and Brecheen sells for 60k.

F2P + restrictions. First F2P winner of PT21 Perfect League

F2P + restrictions. New team -> PT title in 8 weeks
QuantaCondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 10:22 AM   #14
jeffw3000
Minors (Triple A)

I have 3 teams, and they all are FP teams. I have not spent a penny on any of them. I agree with what has been said. While it is more difficult to build a team without spending money, you can still build a somewhat successful team without spending money. 2 of my teams are themed teams, and one is not. Of my themed teams 1 is an all pack team, and the other is an all Pirates teams. Currently, my all pack team and non-theme team are both at Diamond. My Pirates team is at Gold.

I have only one one championship above Gold, from my all-pack team, but I have to say my teams have all been to Perfect, and only my Pirates team was terrible at Perfect. There is just not enough good pitching for an all Pirates team to be successful. Even at Perfect most seasons my other teams are not just terrible. They can hold their own playing around .500, and occasionally, playing a little better and making the playoffs. At Diamond, except for my Pirates themed team, my teams can usually make the playoffs and as I had said my all pack team won a championship.

It does take a little longer to build up your team when not spending money. There are a lot of ways to earn points based on achievements in game, but the only way you will get a 500,000 PP perfect player is to have the luck to open them in a pack.
I have never had that type of luck. The best player I ever got in a pack was a Yogi Berra, I was able to sell for 84,000 PP. I received the Yogi Berra in a Diamond pack. It just would take too long to save that much in points.

You have to be smart about building up your team, by saving some points, and selling off players, and just keep upgrading your teams as you get more points. My most successful team has been the one that mostly sells players through the Auction House. Like I said, I have never had great luck at opening packs, so even though my all pack team won a championship at Diamond, my non-theme team has been much more successful. even at Perfect level they were able to make the playoffs often. this team sometimes buys packs, but has mostly been built thru buying and selling in the AH. As has already been mentioned, since you are starting late, it will probably be a little more difficult to build your teams up, so you might want to experiment with different strategies. you also missed out on the inflated sale prices when the Collection Missions came into PT.

My point is while it is much easier to build a winner when you spend money, but it is not impossible to be successful without spending money. When not spending money, you have to reconcile that there are certain players you will never be able to acquire, but you can still build a team that can compete even at Diamond or Perfect levels.

Last edited by jeffw3000; 02-11-2020 at 10:30 AM.
jeffw3000 is offline   Reply With Quote