Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 01-26-2020, 03:44 PM   #61
Orion
Major Leagues

His Wadell outpitched mine but we rallied in the 9th for a walkoff win! Glorious!
Attached Images

Orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 04:10 PM   #62
Edster007
All Star Starter

Two of my teams are facing off in the sub league series. My original team Coney Island is taking on one of my OL teams, the Knights. I'm not logging in for five hours-I'm too conflicted.
Edster007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 05:03 PM   #63
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Both La Crosse and Huntley went into enemy territory and stole the home field. But, both teams probably wish they could be 2-0 right now...
Attached Images

Last edited by waittilnextyear; 01-26-2020 at 05:11 PM.
waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 05:07 PM   #64
macacks
Minors (Triple A)

Warbirds out! pounded in game 3-4 by Scottsdale. That pivotal Lefty Gomez surprise start carried the team to an impressive win.

San Angelo history of underperforming in the playoffs has the front office scrambling for answers.
Old 01-26-2020, 05:16 PM   #65
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by macacks View Post
Warbirds out! pounded in game 3-4 by Scottsdale. That pivotal Lefty Gomez surprise start carried the team to an impressive win.

San Angelo history of underperforming in the playoffs has the front office scrambling for answers.
The Scorpions are very tough. Not just because their roster is so powerful, but because the manager is very active as well.

When my Frogs beat Scottsdale in 7 games two weeks ago, I had to pull out all the stops and then some. This included going to 3-man rotation and 1-man rotation at various points in the series. Not to mention setting 7-day lineups/pitch counts and doing whatever I could "behind the scenes." There were also some lucky decisions that countered some of their strategy like when they pulled the surprise (!) starter move and it was neutralized by my 7-day lineup surprise (!!). Even then, it came down to a 7th game.

Old 01-26-2020, 05:16 PM   #66
Orion
Major Leagues

Welp Vida Blue is undefeated, too bad he has one too We pack our bags and fly east to NYC to take on the Flyer Mets all tied at 1 each.

Last edited by Orion; 01-26-2020 at 05:18 PM.
Old 01-26-2020, 05:16 PM   #67
pappyzan
All Star Reserve

Final standings in P410 AceHole Invitational. Most shocking news is 16 time PL champ Methuen relegated to diamond. I'm content with 82-80, was quite a ride watching the league play out.
Attached Images
pappyzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 05:24 PM   #68
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappyzan View Post
Final standings in P410 AceHole Invitational. Most shocking news is 16 time PL champ Methuen relegated to diamond. I'm content with 82-80, was quite a ride watching the league play out.
I'm looking forward to being on relegation watch next week...

But, going into the whale league should prove once and for all that my friends list mishap was truly a mistake...

Old 01-26-2020, 05:24 PM   #69
Orion
Major Leagues

Breif Timeout to say Kobe + Daughter RIP. I was never a fan of his but a tragic accident for sure, especially his little girl.

Old 01-26-2020, 05:35 PM   #70
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

And, the Frogs go up 2-1 on the Radbourns after ambushing their weakest link in the rotation (98 Spahn) with a furious right-handed lineup. As a bonus, their bullpen also got quite the workout with 2 more games to go in La Crosse.

I subbed in SE Jose Reyes for the playoffs only because lots of lefty pitchers and also because SE Sisler wasn't so good against lefties in the regular season. Well, Reyes went 4/6 with 1 3B, 2 HR, 6 RBI, 3 R, and 1 SB for good measure in this game.

Old 01-26-2020, 06:15 PM   #71
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

One step closer to avenging old timer and Frogging into the PL Series. Frogs (now up 3-1) have 3 chances to close the deal.

Special mention goes to SE Norm Cash for the walkoff HR, of course, but also to Ed Walsh who provided 3.2 IP of his typically stingy brand of pitching in relief (56 pitches, zero hits allowed).
Attached Images

Old 01-26-2020, 06:34 PM   #72
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by waittilnextyear View Post
One step closer to avenging old timer and Frogging into the PL Series. Frogs (now up 3-1) have 3 chances to close the deal.

Special mention goes to SE Norm Cash for the walkoff HR, of course, but also to Ed Walsh who provided 3.2 IP of his typically stingy brand of pitching in relief (56 pitches, zero hits allowed).
And, after losing to the Bold North 8-4 and 8-0 at home, unless Huntley can win 3 in a row (which I seriously, seriously doubt), it looks like you'll be getting the chance to avenge old timer twice over in the Perfect League Series. We'll try to at least win game 5 and give your pitching staff a little rest, but no guarantees.

JasonC23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 06:56 PM   #73
scott1964
Hall Of Famer

Another bow out too early, but wait and look here, another Ed Batting Champion Title and I keep missing a Triple Crown.

PETA.....People Eating Tasty Animals.

scott1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 07:02 PM   #74
JasonC23
All Star Reserve

Well, that was awful.

Good luck, La Crosse! Fight, Frogs, Fight!
Attached Images

JasonC23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 07:05 PM   #75
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonC23 View Post
Well, that was awful.

Good luck, La Crosse! Fight, Frogs, Fight!
The Bold North is a pretty balanced team that does max platooning. The type of team that could be vulnerable to pitch count cheese if you see what I mean...

Old 01-26-2020, 08:12 PM   #76
Orion
Major Leagues

On to Game 7

2nd year in a row, we take a tough opponent to Game 7 in the Sub-league. Flyers keeps playing guess that SP, flipping a different guy in at the last moment...I don't think he realizes my roster is too flimsy to do a bunch of stratergizing, we're pretty much what you see is what you get. In any case, this time we get game 7 at my place, and Rube Waddell gets the ball so I'm cautiously optimistic. I think I know who he'll start, but we'll see.

Last edited by Orion; 01-26-2020 at 08:14 PM.
Old 01-26-2020, 08:46 PM   #77
Orion
Major Leagues

Seaver had been hot in the playoffs, but not today!
Attached Images

Old 01-26-2020, 09:37 PM   #78
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Congrats, Orion!

Things didn't go my way today. Hopefully I did an awesome job at least priming you for the Orlando Shockers... (assuming they have enough championships already)
Attached Images

One Great Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 09:41 PM   #79
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion View Post
2nd year in a row, we take a tough opponent to Game 7 in the Sub-league. Flyers keeps playing guess that SP, flipping a different guy in at the last moment...I don't think he realizes my roster is too flimsy to do a bunch of stratergizing, we're pretty much what you see is what you get. In any case, this time we get game 7 at my place, and Rube Waddell gets the ball so I'm cautiously optimistic. I think I know who he'll start, but we'll see.
Hey now, you were guilty of the same thing in game 1. I simply didn't want to select a starting pitcher for game 1 right away just so you know...after that, I selected as soon as I could when you switched from Blue to Pedro...btw, game 7 was between Seaver & Cone. I didn't even know who it was going to be if any "pitcher-switching" seemed to be going on beyond my delayed choosing before game 1.

One Great Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 09:51 PM   #80
daves
Hall Of Famer

P449: Doubledays won 120 games and are facing the 125 win Winter Spring Gold miners. The teams are evenly matched and it could go to 7.

P423: Woodpeckers managed to win the Wildcard and took 125 stacked B- Team to 5 games. They were so exhausted from our series that the 114 win 49ers swept them. The 49ers are facing the 141 win Lefty favored team Ferets.

P422: The Owlz won 108 games and beat the Owls for the battle of the Owl. But now the Owlz are going against the 109 win Bears and it is not going well. Bears beating up on an owl, who knew?
Attached Images
Image Image Image 

daves is offline   Reply With Quote