Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: New to the game?

Earlier versions of OOTP: New to the game? A place for all new Out of the Park Baseball fans to ask questions about the game.

Old 08-12-2012, 05:53 PM   #1
brewertoby
Minors (Double A)

On Line League Help....PLEASE!!!!

We have a great on line league with phenomenal GM's going, but we have a problem that is threatening it that I could really use some help with.

A few months ago, we added 2 extra commissioners (for a total of 3) so we could trade off doing the sims. Since that time, our file size has exploded. (Its usually around 130 now.) I've been told that this file size might be causing some of the errors that we've been experiencing. If that is the case, how do we get the file size back to something normal?

I've also been told that it could be the extra "simmers" that could be causing the problems and that our "settings" had to be the same. I have attached the settings that we have been using to try to keep our file size down.

We're pulling our hair out trying to keep this thing together. ANY help would be appreciated. If you have any questions about any of our other settings, please ask away if it helps get us the right solution.

I've bothered a certain member of these forums an awful lot about this via email, and if he's reading this, i hope he knows that I appreciate his help so much, but i'm starting to feel like I'm bugging him too much. He's been patient and helpful much more than I EVER deserved, so i hope he's not offended by my posting here to try to give him a break.
Attached Images
Old 08-12-2012, 06:18 PM   #2
Kaaosaste
Minors (Double A)

Maybe setting the replays to 0 is causing the problem. It's saving all the replays. Although I'm not sure if that would cause the file to balloon to 130 mb. I've seen our league file get to around the same size, but only when the images are included.

Sent from my X10a using Tapatalk 2
Kaaosaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 09:42 PM   #3
Green & Gold Heart
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaaosaste View Post
Maybe setting the replays to 0 is causing the problem. It's saving all the replays. Although I'm not sure if that would cause the file to balloon to 130 mb. I've seen our league file get to around the same size, but only when the images are included.

Sent from my X10a using Tapatalk 2
Yep, this has to be it. Replay at 0 equals all. I have mine set to a number and our league file is usually under 50 mb.
Green & Gold Heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 09:15 PM   #4
brewertoby
Minors (Double A)

Well, I've done this, but my file size is still up around 130mb.

I even went into the "Replay" folder and deleted them all. Is there other folders I should be deleting too? I wonder if I've somehow got a whole bunch of extra crap going into my file...