Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 02-17-2020, 06:41 AM   #101
FancySkunk
All Star Reserve

My No Money squad took their second Diamond championship this week!

They were scuffling hard in the early going, barely above .500 at the all-star break (48-47) and hovering near the bottom of their division. But, I decided to take rather drastic measures. By selling off the 99 Snider that I had in LF, I opened things up to make some absolutely major changes across the board:

* 3 new starting pitchers (98 Hubbell, 92 Morris, 94 Reuschel)
* 3 new relief pitchers (96 D. Jones, 93 Gossage, 92 C. Green)
* 2 new catchers (Smoky Burgess and SE Lo Duca)
* A new DH (Sherry Magee)
* A new RF platoon bat (100 Tris Speaker)
* A new LF (Hugh Duffy)
* And a platoon bat at SS/backup IF (Dick Groat)

All these changes took a little time to get going (they were mostly added before the break), but the team absolutely came together. We went 48-19 after the break to take the best record in the league by one game over a divisional opponent.

Every single playoff series went the distance for us, but we prevailed in the end. Ultimately, we took game 7 of the World Series 9-6 thanks in large part to Hugh Duffy nearly hitting for the cycle (3-4, 2B, 3B, HR, 2RBI, 4R). Duffy took MVP honors for the series.

I'm hoping this team now has what it takes to stick around at the perfect level, even if it's likely still not ready to fully contend there (could definitely use more pitching help).

Last edited by FancySkunk; 02-17-2020 at 06:45 AM.
FancySkunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 08:56 AM   #102
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

Hey my Walsall team did a thing

That's the first PT '20 championship I've been around for. All the rest came while I was having an extended break
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 02-17-2020, 01:32 PM   #103
Orion
Major Leagues

Well well, we went to 5th game, 7th game, and 7th game, but we won our 2nd Perfect League title! It was an ongoing nailbiter and not made better by being the favorite for the first time ever. When you aren't supposed to win its like playing with house money, but we were clearly the best team in the league, somehow it was whaleless. What there was however, was a bunch of max defense teams which caused us headaches in the playoffs. We need to make some more adjustments to the lineup.

Luckily, this was by far our most lucrative season ever, we're not gonna match Froggy anytime soon but 27k was my personal best haul. Our guys took home a bunch of hardware as follows:

Cristobal Torriente had a monster year hitting .384/.441/.546, and broke his own team record with 69 (!) doubles. It was also his best year on the basepaths, snagging 24/31 steal attempts while scoring 137 runs. He brought home the PL Series MVP, League MVP, and a Platinum Slugger award while leading the team with a 9.8 WAR.

Platinum bats were also won by Shoeless Joe Jackson (2nd), Cochrane (3rd), and Ozzie Smith 90 (1st)

Rube Wadell was close to a Triple Crown, 12 strikeouts behind another Rube with a sparkling 2.11 ERA 21 Wins and 234K. He now has 3 Cy Youngs on the mantle.

Last edited by Orion; 02-17-2020 at 02:04 PM.
Orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 08:46 PM   #104
Will_L
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Great Matrix View Post
God, can you imagine not having one. It's bizarre. I don't even know why I don't have one & every-everybody else does.
I don't have one either, last one broke in the spring of 2013 and didn't replace it. I love not having it. Of course I have one for work but that is conscientiously restricted to work by me My wife and stepson keep "threatening" to get me one but I simply tell them that it'll sit in a drawer turned off LOL.