Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 02-02-2020, 11:07 AM   #1
elutz31
Minors (Double A)

Reliever Fatigue

Has there been a change recently to reliever stamina/fatigue? I just looked at my 14 reliever 0 actual starting pitcher team for the first time in a few seasons and noticed a significant difference in the team era the past 3 season. From high 2 low 3 team era for 35 + seasons to high 3 low 4 team era over the past 3. Has there been a change or have I finally found stronger competition over the past 3 seasons that I didn't see the previous 35?
elutz31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 11:15 AM   #2
Morgans Magic
Minors (Single A)

Yeah, some of us complained about all those teams that didn't use starting pitchers which some of us saw as an exploit. I mean, there is a reason they call them starting pitchers.

So they made it so pitchers who were tired didn't pitch nearly as effectively for nearly as long.

So, yeah, they killed your exploit. Sorry, not sorry.
Morgans Magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 11:28 AM   #3
Threnodas
Minors (Triple A)

Yes, there was a change that made fatigued relievers pitch worse:

https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=309465

Depending on how many innings you get out of your relievers in the rotation, I assume you frequently have relievers pitching something like 3 games and 4 innings over 5 days. The developers decided relievers coming in with that much fatigue were having too easy a time muddling through, so they were nerfed. With all due respect to your ingenuity, I think yours is exactly the kind of unrealistic roster construction strategy this change undercuts. I don’t think “unrealistic” creativity is a bad thing, but I absolutely see why a game purporting to simulate MLB would benefit from not overly rewarding players for strategies that nobody in MLB has ever considered a good idea.

Last edited by Threnodas; 02-02-2020 at 11:29 AM.
Threnodas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 01:07 AM   #4
elutz31
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threnodas View Post
Yes, there was a change that made fatigued relievers pitch worse:

https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=309465

Depending on how many innings you get out of your relievers in the rotation, I assume you frequently have relievers pitching something like 3 games and 4 innings over 5 days. The developers decided relievers coming in with that much fatigue were having too easy a time muddling through, so they were nerfed. With all due respect to your ingenuity, I think yours is exactly the kind of unrealistic roster construction strategy this change undercuts. I don’t think “unrealistic” creativity is a bad thing, but I absolutely see why a game purporting to simulate MLB would benefit from not overly rewarding players for strategies that nobody in MLB has ever considered a good idea.
Yeah I figured they would eventually adjust it as it seemed like my relievers were always tired but still performing okay. Though most of the relievers would range between 90 and 110 innings. Hardly unrealistic. In today's game sure but we aren't in today's game last I checked. As for an exploit, I don't see it as 1. It was never an attempt to take advantage of people who don't run their team every series by rolling out lefties relievers and having a bunch of righty starters in the bullpen. It was simply a bunch of relievers both as starters and as relievers, lefties and righties. Openers if you will. Just because I have more than the new norm hardly makes it an exploit. It may currently be unrealistic but its no more unrealistic than having 5 or 6 starting pitchers in the bullpen. "I mean, there is a reason they call them starting pitchers." Relievers starting is evolution of the game. The only thing stopping this trend from happening is the cry babies who think pitching changes make the game take too long.
elutz31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 04:18 AM   #5
Lemandria
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by elutz31 View Post
The only thing stopping this trend from happening is
the developers.

Last edited by Lemandria; 02-03-2020 at 04:21 AM.
Lemandria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 07:54 AM   #6
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

You abused faulty game logic that they fixed a bit, but it's whatever man. This is just a game with nothing on the line there is no need to go hard in the paint over it.
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 01:30 PM   #7
chazzycat
All Star Starter

For what it's worth, the quasi-opener strategy seems far from dead IMO. The change barely seemed to affect my team at all...as long as you have enough pitchers to prevent them from reaching "exhausted" status very often, then you should be fine.
chazzycat is offline   Reply With Quote