Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 16 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2015 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 07-26-2015, 03:42 PM   #101
david limbaugh
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Déjà Bru View Post
David, please tell me everything will be all right with this next (last?) patch.
Yes Bru, it will be OK.

Old Friend, this is just a (great!) baseball game

CAD software is pressure - start to build a wall in the wrong place in a huge hospital and people tend to get mad

Software is like art - you can always find another place to paint something a little better and you can always find a flaw you want to fix, but eventually you have to put the brush down and frame it and hang it....

I love the game, bugs and all. I share my bug findings to help Markus and the crew make the game better and to share with users to let them know they are not alone. It is just a game. A game with an awesome price point for what it offers. With awesome support. And unlike some vendors we know, actually gives us new things with every release....
Old 07-26-2015, 03:49 PM   #102
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by david limbaugh View Post
Old Friend, this is just a (great!) baseball game
Yes, but given how much time you and I have spent here in the past few days, and how we have interacted on the issues, I daresay that this game is very important to us. I am looking for a satisfying wrap-up to 16 and I think you are, too.
Quote:
I love the game, bugs and all. I share my bug findings to help Markus and the crew make the game better and to share with users to let them know they are not alone. It is just a game. A game with an awesome price point for what it offers. With awesome support. And unlike some vendors we know, actually gives us new things with every release....
No arguments there, my friend.

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 04:46 PM   #103
Trebro
All Star Reserve

Unfortunately, this came at the worst time for me--I am ready to start a new league and now I'm waiting on that final patch first, so no OOTP all weekend.

Trebro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 05:29 PM   #104
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trebro View Post
Unfortunately, this came at the worst time for me--I am ready to start a new league and now I'm waiting on that final patch first, so no OOTP all weekend.
Heh, I sympathize. I started a new league with 16.7.33 and I reached the point where I am just about to begin (in 1901). I start looking for good coaches, and BOOM! "Out of the Park Baseball 16 has stopped working." As David identified, there is some problem with early leagues, finances, and coaches. You touch any reference to "coach" in the game, and sayonara.

I could turn off the finances but that would ruin my experience. I could ditch this league and start another one in modern times but, for cryin' out loud (icon: ), I put a lot of work into this one!

So, I am stuck in a holding pattern, not playing OOTPB but lurking these forums every few minutes, searching, hoping, searching, hoping . . . (end of melodrama ).

I even asked David, "D-D-David [sniffle], is everything going to be all right?" And he has assured me that it will. ON MONDAY.

So, I figure to advance my post count here by a couple of hundred in the meantime. Otherwise, this is me:
Attached Images

- Bru

Old 07-26-2015, 05:50 PM   #105
tyrionbro
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanks for the frequent updates, devs.

will have to also chime in on force start in game strategies not working for minor leagers.

It's essentially useless and I have to put guys at certain positions manually. Not sure on the major league guys as I haven't tested that

For reference, no coaches, so not related to that.
tyrionbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 06:43 PM   #106
david limbaugh
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Yes, but given how much time you and I have spent here in the past few days, and how we have interacted on the issues, I daresay that this game is very important to us. I am looking for a satisfying wrap-up to 16 and I think you are, too.

No arguments there, my friend.
Eases the pain of watching my Cubbies get ripped by the Phillies.
Old 07-26-2015, 06:57 PM   #107
byzeil
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Eases the pain of watching my Cubbies get ripped by the Phillies.
There was no pain in that, only disbelief here in Philly
byzeil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 07:09 PM   #108
david limbaugh
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrionbro View Post
Thanks for the frequent updates, devs.

will have to also chime in on force start in game strategies not working for minor leagers.

It's essentially useless and I have to put guys at certain positions manually. Not sure on the major league guys as I haven't tested that

For reference, no coaches, so not related to that.
I think force start is fixed tomorrow. The problem with patches is what we used to call frozen and slush. Frozen is we are taking no more fixes - making sure what we fixed is fixed - slush is ok, we may be able to squeeze another fix in or two - and invariably slush leads to mud - LOL!

Reason I say that is I found something else that would be nice to be fixed - I am using minor leagues, ghost players. Most of the time I only see the 'real players'. Occasionally though, I see a lot of Jim Unknowns

Can we make the Jim Unknowns go away? In OOTP16 or OOTP17???
Old 07-26-2015, 07:13 PM   #109
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I think force start is fixed tomorrow. The problem with patches is what we used to call frozen and slush. Frozen is we are taking no more fixes - making sure what we fixed is fixed - slush is ok, we may be able to squeeze another fix in or two - and invariably slush leads to mud - LOL!

Reason I say that is I found something else that would be nice to be fixed - I am using minor leagues, ghost players. Most of the time I only see the 'real players'. Occasionally though, I see a lot of Jim Unknowns

ZZZZZZZZZZZZ . . . sknnxx . . . Huh? Did you say something, David? Sorry, I must have nodded off from boredom. Say, let me lay 129 posts on you and these other folks right now. Here we go . . .

- Bru

Old 07-26-2015, 07:14 PM   #110
ArcAngel
All Star Starter

Quote:

I just delete them when I see them. That's the "easiest" fix for me.
ArcAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 07:16 PM   #111
david limbaugh
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcAngel View Post
I just delete them when I see them. That's the "easiest" fix for me.
Sweet idea - I just want my ghosts to be invisible.
Old 07-26-2015, 07:22 PM   #112
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
ZZZZZZZZZZZZ . . . sknnxx . . . Huh? Did you say something, David? Sorry, I must have nodded off from boredom. Say, let me lay 129 posts on you and these other folks right now. Here we go . . .
Gosh, this is serious. I really have NOTHING to do (right now, at least). Might as well nap . . . but I will be up all night if I do, thinking about OOTPB.

I got it bad. I need a fix.

- Bru

Old 07-26-2015, 07:25 PM   #113
david limbaugh
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Gosh, this is serious. I really have NOTHING to do (right now, at least). Might as well nap . . . but I will be up all night if I do, thinking about OOTPB.

I got it bad. I need a fix.
Tigers at Red Sox coming on TV. My Red Sox are brutal....

But I know what you mean about missing the game....
Old 07-26-2015, 07:33 PM   #114
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Tigers at Red Sox coming on TV. My Red Sox are brutal....

But I know what you mean about missing the game....
REAL MLB?!? Not nearly as realistic and satisfying as BRU League Baseball, sorry.

Say, our European friends are going to arising soon and they are going to look at this thread and say "Ach du lieber!" at all this nonsense. Plus, given all these throwaway posts, they may miss something important.

Would you like to do a summary of issues for this patch, this time?

- Bru

Old 07-26-2015, 07:37 PM   #115
david limbaugh
All Star Reserve

Bru and David's list of what we hope to get Monday....

Quote:
REAL MLB?!? Not nearly as realistic and satisfying as BRU League Baseball, sorry.

Say, our European friends are going to arising soon and they are going to look at this thread and say "Ach du lieber!" at all this nonsense. Plus, given all these throwaway posts, they may miss something important.

Would you like to do a summary of issues for this patch, this time?
I will give it a shot - please feel free to add/comment/complain

What we hope to get Monday:

1) DL Notification when eligible to come off the DL

2) Crashes with early years

3) Force start with minors

4) Coaches crashing game - Forgot this one

5) Sorting stats in Manual Awards screen

Last edited by david limbaugh; 07-26-2015 at 08:00 PM.
david limbaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 11:11 PM   #116
BaseballLife322
Minors (Double A)

Can't wait till the new patch is released.. I've played some games since I've bought my game, but I usually don't create my MAIN league until after the last patch.. so hopefully it fixes the rest of the bugs and more bugs aren't created.
BaseballLife322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 11:38 PM   #117
TPinrose
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
Why should those of us that buy directly from OOTP be penalized with a delayed patch?

I understand your point, but the last couple patches haven't been so pressing that waiting 2 or 3 days is that big a deal. OTOH, for online leagues it can be a problem. Missing a sim or two during the season isn't so bad, but if the league is in the middle of FA it can be game altering.
TPinrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 03:45 AM   #118
reubenco
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeters1734 View Post
really? I have always thought it was the opposite. So as a commish in an online league, should I always wait for the other members to patch before I do?
Yeah, I would recommend that. At least wait until it's released through Steam, then if anybody still doesn't have the patch it's their fault. Speaking not as a commish but as a member of online leagues. The sims of two of my leagues are currently delayed because the patch has not yet been released on Steam. Maybe I won't buy OOTP through Steam in the future, but I didn't know any better before and there's nothing to do about it now
reubenco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 05:11 AM   #119
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Little update, we're building the new version now, and it'll get a night of beta testing before going live to the public on Tuesday. It will have following fixes:

- DL notification fixed if a human is controlling all teams
- Crash fixed for very early historical leagues (related to coach contracts)
- Fixed MLB quickstart DSL team affiliations (Red Sox 2 & Mariners 2)
- Tweaked player position AI when generating depth charts
- Fixed "Force start" issues in minor leagues
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 07:39 AM   #120
dickysty
Major Leagues

Markus,

Can you check a crash issue. It happens when I look at a players scouting report from the players page.

I'm using a McBook Pro

Have a great day!!!
dickysty is offline   Reply With Quote