Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Old 05-22-2012, 09:11 PM   #1
Eclipsial
Minors (Rookie Ball)

How to run an online league draft

Hey all, an online league i'm in is about to start the amateur draft. We have a new but dedicated commissioner and we are trying to find out the easiest way to run this online draft. The draft itself will be a little different than the real life order due to the top end talent of the draft that includes both fake and real players, our draft will break down like this.

1st round...real life first round
2nd round...ootp first round
3rd round...real life supplemental
4th round...real life 2nd round
5th round and beyond...ootp

I hope that makes sense. Basically we are going to mirror the first round that is going to happen in real life, with the added picks for failure to sign, and the Angels and Tigers both loosing picks for Pujols and Fielder. Then in the second round we will go with what OOTP has already programmed into the game, based on the standings from the 2011 season, then the real life supplemental and on from there.

The biggest issue we are running into now is that it won't let the commissioner change the order of any future rounds, is that normal?

I'm sure other commissioners have run into this problem before, just looking for a good solution on how we should run this thing and get it done quickly, thank you for your time!
Eclipsial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 09:16 PM   #2
brewertoby
Minors (Double A)

I'm the above mentioned commissioner of that league. I thank our Seattle GM for the compliments.

I would like to point out that we had intended to use the ootpou for the draft to keep from delaying any sims, but this doesn't seem feasible unless the problems outlined above can somehow be addressed.

And I thank you for your time as well....