Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 5 > FHM 5 - General Discussion

FHM 5 - General Discussion Talk about the 2018 version of FHM.

Old 04-28-2019, 05:48 PM   #21
geisterhome
Minors (Triple A)

You could also add a screen showing the development (rating changes) of players over a longer period, like ootp has it. For that would be a pretty major addition. Like it is now you just get messages, that are going to be deleted sooner or later and if they aren't nearly impossible to find later on.
geisterhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 01:32 AM   #22
TGH-Adfabre
Hall Of Famer

I would like a screen that maps the exact changes in the salary cap on the dates it changes.
When the offseason starts show the cap+1%
Show what the will be on opening day when it drops
Show the cap change over the course of the season based on the teams current cap obligations.
Old 04-29-2019, 01:33 AM   #23
TGH-Adfabre
Hall Of Famer

A screen that shows all players under contract and all player the team holds right to. All of this information on one screen would be great.
Old 04-29-2019, 01:34 AM   #24
TGH-Adfabre
Hall Of Famer

Custom Views. I like the stock views offered and there are times I would like to build my own.
Old 04-29-2019, 11:42 AM   #25
skoch
Minors (Single A)

(in GM mode)

In the preseason you want to test out younger, inexperienced players, and the only way to that atm, is by sending down your top guys to the AHL, and bringing up your lower guys. Which isn't realistic. Could there be a tab where we simply put the top guys as a healthy scratch/reserve list so that they are inactive for some preseason games so that the auto coach can use the lesser skilled players?

Thanks
skoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 12:27 PM   #26
redtiger7
All Star Starter

-A save lines feature
-Expand by 2 (or more) teams (Sorry, simply adding a team doesn't work as it's populated by half star players for years)
-Zoom out player portraits so we can see more of the jersey. (Any way to zoom oput so we can see bottom waist stripes?)
-Notifications when a staff member reties
-Custom games using NHL historical rosters
-Clicking on a player's profile in the training screen to see their profile
-Option to view player ratings in a chart view on the lines screen
redtiger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 02:59 PM   #27
Alessandro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGH-Adfabre View Post
A screen that shows all players under contract and all player the team holds right to. All of this information on one screen would be great.
You have this on the depth chart I guess
Alessandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 03:40 AM   #28
stlcardinals19
Minors (Rookie Ball)

This is probably as niche as possible, but can you put an ability freezer in the Edit Mode of players while playing as Commissioner? As in, you hit a checkmark that says "Freeze Attributes" and his attributes and ratings never change for better or for worse. I have it in Football Managers 15-19 and I freaking love it and would love to see it in FHM. Like I said, probably niche as all get-up, but I certainly hope it's not a daunting hassle to input if you happen to give it a confirmation.
stlcardinals19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 09:17 PM   #29
Lidlund
Bat Boy

After a fel seasons playing as GM the game gets a bit “every day”, a thing that would change that would be the ability to add a second manager on your save

I, as a swede, would love the opportunity to play with both my local team and also to play with an NHL team.

Another thing that would be great is to loan or get loan offers from SHL/ALL/Local times for players in AHL or first round prospects
Lidlund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 12:09 PM   #30
Anton
Minors (Double A)

Kool nayme
Anton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 05:32 PM   #31
geisterhome
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuntphucker View Post
Please don't bother releasing FHM 6 without an overhead 2D view of action like in EHM (same applies to FOF9 as Madden has returned to PC)

Contract management in the previous 5 versions is atrocious for a sport management sim--stupidly simplified NTC/NMC, no trade salary retention, can't even submit an offer to midseason FA's with shorter contracts despite higher pay offers. Player retirement and those penalties are completely omitted.

Would love the the 2nd view but as I have been following the forums lately it doesn't seem likely at all for FHM 6 but might come some version later.

The contract management thing I agree though, would be a blast to have that in the game!
Old 05-04-2019, 07:35 PM   #32
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by geisterhome View Post
Would love the the 2nd view but as I have been following the forums lately it doesn't seem likely at all for FHM 6 but might come some version later.

The contract management thing I agree though, would be a blast to have that in the game!
Listen, for the most part I want to leave this thread alone, and just see if anything of interest comes up. I enjoy reading it. But the suggestions need to be helpful.

Realistically, we do want to add more animation in. It's on the list. We've heard it time and time again. But it's not something that you can just do overnight. It takes time, energy, and a whole lot of resources to get right. Jeff mentioned it already in another thread, so I will again: FHM6 will not have 2D (or 3D) graphics.
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 06:46 AM   #33
geisterhome
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B View Post
Listen, for the most part I want to leave this thread alone, and just see if anything of interest comes up. I enjoy reading it. But the suggestions need to be helpful.

Realistically, we do want to add more animation in. It's on the list. We've heard it time and time again. But it's not something that you can just do overnight. It takes time, energy, and a whole lot of resources to get right. Jeff mentioned it already in another thread, so I will again: FHM6 will not have 2D (or 3D) graphics.
Really, glad seeing you are actually reading this thread.

I tried to say the same as you in a way, that 2D won't be next year but probably in the future.

Other than that I'm trying to give small but helpful suggestions.
Old 05-05-2019, 12:41 PM   #34
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Really, glad seeing you are actually reading this thread.

I tried to say the same as you in a way, that 2D won't be next year but probably in the future.

Other than that I'm trying to give small but helpful suggestions.
I am on the forms all the time, whether I reply or not. I just don't reply if something has already been answered better than what I can. Do not mistake not posting for not listening or reading. I am here and reading a lot, as are Jeff and Sebastian. My job is to make sure your voices are heard and I am, but the thread needs to be constructive for that to be possible.
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 04:41 AM   #35
geisterhome
Minors (Triple A)

Some of you might know I'm into facegens. Not a priority for sure but maybe you could feature the facegens of staffmembers a bit more prominently. Like in the staff overview page there could be a facgen next to every name and info.
Attached Images
Old 05-09-2019, 11:16 AM   #36
wils98
Minors (Single A)

I dont know if its been suggested before, would to have the ability to Save Lineups and Tactics.
Having to redo your whole lineup because you have an injury is a pain.
wils98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 11:27 AM   #37
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Some of you might know I'm into facegens. Not a priority for sure but maybe you could feature the facegens of staffmembers a bit more prominently. Like in the staff overview page there could be a facgen next to every name and info.
Unfortunately it would not fit in the minimum resolution (would look great otherwise).
Old 05-10-2019, 08:35 AM   #38
bjernagris
Minors (Single A)

In my opinion it would be great if the contract negotiation/extension functionality could be made more realistic. At least playing the NHL or any other league with a salary cap, I find it too easy to build a stacked team by getting some young players on the rise and give them low-money / long-term contracts.

Player asks seem to be based mainly on experience (games) whereas I think it would be better if also points production and ice time in the most recent season could be added as factors, or be given more weight, for determining player asks. This seems to be mainly an issue with players coming off their ELCs. As it is now, players coming off 40+ point seasons can still ask for around 1 million USD contract extensions. This routinely leads to too cheap contracts for those players.

I also think that unproven players (players in the minors without significant NHL experience) should never be asking for 3-year extensions. In real life those guys normally sign 1-year, max 2-year extensions.

Thanks for a great job guys!

iNHL is the longest running FHM online league in the world

- Semi-realistic, modern-day NHL league
- Running since 2015, currently in our 30th season (two restarts)
- Active, friendly community
- Own research team adding real-life prospects to make drafts more realistic
- Recently moved to FHM10
- Read more and apply HERE
bjernagris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 07:20 PM   #39
damoore46
Minors (Rookie Ball)

College Leagues

I would really like to see college leagues. This would eliminate the contracts that have been questioned before!

Seriously, I have played around with using college teams, but it doesn't work in that 35 year old college players just doesn't cut it. But, I still use them just to see the uniform kits. Having a real college/school or academy system would be great.

Just my 2 cents
damoore46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 04:26 PM   #40
Steven547
Minors (Single A)

Would love to be able to play single exhibition games. Simple, "one-off" games. As it is, I would have to create a season. And even create tournaments for historical teams.

While at lunch for work or traveling, would be nice to just play a simple game.
Steven547 is offline   Reply With Quote