Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions

Old 07-21-2015, 01:07 PM   #41
BradC
All Star Starter

Glad everything went well. Best wishes, Matt.
BradC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 04:05 AM   #42
Penfold75
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradC View Post
Glad everything went well. Best wishes, Matt.
Thanks Brad. I am very much at the beginning of the recovery process, a process that I am finding pretty frustrating as a normally very active person. The pain and tightness in my jaw is thankfully subsiding and this has allowed my speech and eating to improve. I still struggle with certain words and word sounds but I am due to start work with a speech and language therapist next week. My worst day was Monday as I had a panic attack brought on by having a headache. A simple headache terrified me and it took me a while to get over that. I felt totally embarrassed when my wife had to come home early from work and support me. The one thing I am enjoying is the extra time with the kids as I have realised how little time I have spent with them over the last few years due to work. Definitely a big regret.
Penfold75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 05:03 AM   #43
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penfold75 View Post
Thanks Brad. I am very much at the beginning of the recovery process, a process that I am finding pretty frustrating as a normally very active person. The pain and tightness in my jaw is thankfully subsiding and this has allowed my speech and eating to improve. I still struggle with certain words and word sounds but I am due to start work with a speech and language therapist next week. My worst day was Monday as I had a panic attack brought on by having a headache. A simple headache terrified me and it took me a while to get over that. I felt totally embarrassed when my wife had to come home early from work and support me. The one thing I am enjoying is the extra time with the kids as I have realised how little time I have spent with them over the last few years due to work. Definitely a big regret.
That's a nice silver lining to it, hope the recovery goes smoothly!
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 05:12 PM   #44
moore4807
All Star Starter

@Penfold75 - Glad to hear your progressing with your recovery. Sending best wishes and positive thoughts your way.

As an aside I saw the perfect cancer T-shirt for people like us. Its a large orange construction sign on a black t-shirt that reads;
Cancer Patient Reconstruction Zone.
Reduce speed & obey instructions!
On the back it's a smiley face with Have a nice day! over top of the face

I just cannot find the website again to order it!
moore4807 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 06:44 AM   #45
Penfold75
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by moore4807 View Post
@Penfold75 - Glad to hear your progressing with your recovery. Sending best wishes and positive thoughts your way.

As an aside I saw the perfect cancer T-shirt for people like us. Its a large orange construction sign on a black t-shirt that reads;
Cancer Patient Reconstruction Zone.
Reduce speed & obey instructions!
On the back it's a smiley face with Have a nice day! over top of the face

I just cannot find the website again to order it!
Sounds like a cool shirt. Recovery has had a bit of a set back with the discovery of a second slightly smaller tumour during a recent scan. That explained why some of the symptoms I had been experiencing had not completely disappeared. Dizziness, headaches and blurred vision are the worst and at times when I talk I sound like I have had a few too many Guinness. Thankfully the bloody tremor I had in my hand has gone.

Have started back on the chemo drugs and will commence a few sessions of radiotherapy next week. The plan at the moment seems to be to hopefully shrink the tumour using the treatments and delay the surgery for the time being.

Other than that I have been using my time to research various leagues for FHM2 and doing a bit of beta testing on it as well (No questions, my lips are double and triple sealed)

Mario Lemieux - "Every day is a great day for hockey."
Old 09-02-2015, 06:50 PM   #46
moore4807
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penfold75 View Post
Sounds like a cool shirt. Recovery has had a bit of a set back with the discovery of a second slightly smaller tumour during a recent scan. That explained why some of the symptoms I had been experiencing had not completely disappeared. Dizziness, headaches and blurred vision are the worst and at times when I talk I sound like I have had a few too many Guinness. Thankfully the bloody tremor I had in my hand has gone.

Have started back on the chemo drugs and will commence a few sessions of radiotherapy next week. The plan at the moment seems to be to hopefully shrink the tumour using the treatments and delay the surgery for the time being.

Other than that I have been using my time to research various leagues for FHM2 and doing a bit of beta testing on it as well (No questions, my lips are double and triple sealed)
I am certainly sorry to hear of the discovery of a bit more cancer, but with your positive outlook I believe you will overcome this as well. Glad you are staying active and sending best wishes and prayers your way.

I have had two friends diagnosed with cancer over this summer and both have successfully undergone treatments and surgery, so we are ALL survivors together. Funny how I lived my life knowing "people" got cancer and only some survived... Today it is a personal fight for me and I have total respect for those that go through this... Please remember that every day the sun goes up and the feet go down, IS A GOOD DAY!
moore4807 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 06:59 PM   #47
Penfold75
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by moore4807 View Post
I am certainly sorry to hear of the discovery of a bit more cancer, but with your positive outlook I believe you will overcome this as well. Glad you are staying active and sending best wishes and prayers your way.

I have had two friends diagnosed with cancer over this summer and both have successfully undergone treatments and surgery, so we are ALL survivors together. Funny how I lived my life knowing "people" got cancer and only some survived... Today it is a personal fight for me and I have total respect for those that go through this... Please remember that every day the sun goes up and the feet go down, IS A GOOD DAY!
Thanks my friend. You take care and I will include your friends in my prayers to bless their continued recovery

Mario Lemieux - "Every day is a great day for hockey."