Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - Technical Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 16 - Technical Support If you have problems with the game, please see here.

Old 04-04-2015, 03:52 PM   #781
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewank View Post
While playing an actual game, three times it has occurred that the same batter has had back to back at bats. One time was not saved the other times, it was Michael Saunders while I played the Jays and the second was Steven Strasburgh against the Jays who I was playing. I am sending the zipped files to your ftp site. The file is called OOTP16 DAT files (zipped). This does take away from the realism of the game. The league is called Blue Jays Playoff Bound!
What do your game logs show for those two games? Could you please post screenshots of the innings (in the game logs) in which the double at-bats occurred?
pstrickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 03:52 PM   #782
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by majesty95 View Post
I haven't seen anything like this before, but it does appear that the old days pitcher usage is kind of wonky. I've seen pitchers makes starts on back-to-back days. But this takes the cake...

Claude Hendrix was an iron man today, starting both games of the double header and pitching 21 innings!
What kind of league?
Old 04-04-2015, 04:10 PM   #783
jabrown6940
Minors (Triple A)

Last game won shows as lost on standings

Please delete this. Posted in error

Last edited by jabrown6940; 04-04-2015 at 04:17 PM.
jabrown6940 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 06:21 PM   #784
Whitesnake
Bat Boy

Roster/Lineup bug Pitcher playing two positions at same time

Hey guys, great job with OOTP 16 so far. Really amazing how far this game has come along the years.

I encountered a strange bug that I have not seen before. The pitcher is also playing 1st base and is taking up two spots in the lineup. Here is a screenshot.

I am not sure what is about to happen when he comes up to bat, but I imagine it will be interesting...

-Bill
Attached Images
Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 06:50 PM   #785
Stgerlachus
Bat Boy

Not sure if this has been mentioned before but there's a bug I've ran into twice now.

Basically if there is no starting pitcher (due to injury/suspension) if you try and start a game the game will freeze and crash, losing all progress.

Obviously it doesn't happen often but when it does it can be game breaking, since can cost months of progress if you didn't save.

Cheers
Stgerlachus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 07:01 PM   #786
DB930
Major Leagues

I've reported problems with generated names a couple of times already, but I'll do it again. This time, I ran an experiment specifically to try to detect it:

I started a new league in the US, no foreigners coming in thru the draft or int. FAs, and the USA language set to 100% US-modern. Before the draft pool was announced I changed the US's language (from the drop-down list in the Nation Editor) to Japanese. When I looked at the pool, everything seemed okay... so far. At the end of the year, I changed the US language again--this time to 100% Hispanic. In the next draft pool I got plenty of Hispanic guys, but also some (about 20% of the overall pool) who had Japanese first names and Hispanic last names. I simmed ahead 5 seasons to see if it was a temporary situation that would gradually sort itself out, but that didn't happen. Finally I changed the language to German, and got a draft pool of players with German surnames, and German, Japanese, and Hispanic first names.

Obviously this is an extreme example, and something that no one would ever do "for real". But it does confirm something I've already seen in other leagues created under "real" conditions: some names being generated from 2 entirely separate namesets. The problem seems to be with first names being chosen incorrectly; in every instance I've experienced, the last name correctly matched the set that was assigned to that particular country, but it was the first name that was going "over the wall" into territory it didn't belong.

(Just to add, I've had this happen while using Questdog's namesets, but also with all the default files, so it definitely seems to be a game problem, not a mod problem.)
DB930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 10:05 PM   #787
splantiago
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
The AI will tend to spend their money if they have it. If you would like to send your league financial report (in league reports -> financial report), we can have a look through to see why teams are spending too much money.
I'm not talking about the AI spending their money. I'm saying they don't have ANY money to spend in the offseason at all (before FA's even declare). You went through the trouble to make players have realistic demands (which I love), but then every team loses like 20% of their budget after the first season. Player A asks for $300M / 10-years but ends up signing for $29M / 2-years because nobody has any money to spend.

The financial system in OOTP16 is unequivocally broken and really needs to be fixed. I will not be switching over any of my online leagues, or recommending that anybody switches over to 16 until this can be fixed.

I love this game, I've been playing since OOTP9 and will continue to be a loyal customer, but this time something is very wrong with the game.
splantiago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 11:03 PM   #788
Operation Shutdown
All Star Reserve

Did a quick search of this and couldn't find anything...on a play at the plate the runner ran over the catcher to knock the ball loose. I believe new rules prohibit a runner from deliberately running into a catcher. I believe they must attempt a slide into home plate.

Also, while playing in general manager only mode, I noticed that the AI is putting minor league players on the DL. I'm not sure if there's a consensus on this, but I'd like to control that feature while I'm in GM mode. I have minor league promotions and demotions as well as minor league free agent signings and releases set to me, while lineups/depth charts/ and pitching staffs is set to minor league managers.
In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."
Operation Shutdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 02:06 AM   #789
azepeda
Minors (Double A)

Problems in Draft Pick Negotiation money

I have noticed this in several drafts and I finally documented it. Right after the draft I signed some players for more that what was in the budget. Then when the International Player pool was released, a month later, I went to sign the rest of the draft picks and here is what the money looked like.

signing first player
Draft Pick Negotiation left 14,268,419
Financial Summary 14,268,419
Budget Information 14,268,419

Sign one player for 8,000,000

Draft Pick Negotiation says I have 2,169,654 left, should be 6,268,419

sign the next player for 240,000
Draft Pick Negotiation 1,806,691 left, should be 1,929,654 left.

sign a player for 1,500,000

Draft Pick Negotiation you have no budget left to sign. Should be either 306,691 or 429,654
azepeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 08:00 AM   #790
Vinnyvagus
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Billy Hamilton was alive back in 1894?

Billy Hamilton is the highest single season run scorer in the history with 192 back in 1894. He's also number 4 overall as well.

Vinnyvagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 09:14 AM   #791
PH2
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Sorry if this has already been reported, but I'm simming league history and want to vote for All-Stars each year. First year, fine. Sim to the second year after All-Star voting has started, and it shows my ballot as "already submitted." It looks like it's not resetting each year. I don't know if this also means that the same ballot is counted each year, meaning in 15 years I'll be voting for players from 15 years ago by default.
PH2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 11:48 AM   #792
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnyvagus View Post
Billy Hamilton is the highest single season run scorer in the history with 192 back in 1894. He's also number 4 overall as well.

It's a different Billy Hamilton than the one you're thinking of.
Old 04-05-2015, 11:58 AM   #793
Habsfan18
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PH2 View Post
Sorry if this has already been reported, but I'm simming league history and want to vote for All-Stars each year. First year, fine. Sim to the second year after All-Star voting has started, and it shows my ballot as "already submitted." It looks like it's not resetting each year. I don't know if this also means that the same ballot is counted each year, meaning in 15 years I'll be voting for players from 15 years ago by default.
This had happened to me as well but was supposedly fixed in the last patch.

Are you playing as unemployed by chance?
Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 12:07 PM   #794
Vinnyvagus
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstrickert View Post
It's a different Billy Hamilton than the one you're thinking of.
Hmm... well when I click on Billy Hamilton in the list, it goes to the current Billy Hamilton of the Cincinnati Reds profile screen?
Vinnyvagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 12:22 PM   #795
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

That should not be happening. The link should go to the Billy Hamilton of yore.

Last edited by pstrickert; 04-05-2015 at 03:51 PM.
Old 04-05-2015, 02:53 PM   #796
PH2
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
This had happened to me as well but was supposedly fixed in the last patch.

Are you playing as unemployed by chance?
Yes, I am. Just simming through the start of a fictional league and wanting to get some immersion by going through the all-stars each year.
Old 04-05-2015, 03:16 PM   #797
PH2
Minors (Rookie Ball)

On the subject of voting, the HoF voting works fine on a year-by-year basis even if I'm not employed.

I do have a suggestion - can you please add the start of HoF voting to the event list that we can sim to, similar to the "start of all-star voting" event that is on the list? I couldn't find it at all and had to basically sim day-by-day between the end of the Winter Meetings and the day HoF voting magically appeared to know when I could vote. Thanks!
Old 04-05-2015, 09:24 PM   #798
JorshRod
Bat Boy

Cannot run in fullscreen

I have a Surface Pro 3, I can run windowed mode in 2560x1440 using user defined resolution, but I cannot run at any resolution in full screen, gets the error that other users reported above.

APP_FRAMEWORK::set_full_screen - unable to open graphics.
JorshRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 09:33 PM   #799
yanksinfirst
Bat Boy

I had a thread in general about this but basically I traded for a reliever without knowing the conditions of his vesting option, and when I found out the terms, I was very confused. He is a reliever with a 40 PA vest.
yanksinfirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 11:03 PM   #800
DB930
Major Leagues

Ed Tenpenny fell for a scheme from a sleazy TV pitchman, despite the fact that it's 1886 and he shouldn't even know what a TV is for another 75 years or so.

Also, in the second sentence it should be "regimen", not "regiment".
Attached Images
DB930 is offline   Reply With Quote