Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts

Old 04-30-2014, 01:17 AM   #1
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

BigRod's 2014 High Res. Photos

EDIT: 5/4/14:Photos are all done!! 1452. All new and recolored. Missing 10 personnel. I'll post them as soon as I can find decent photos for them.
Till they're in the all in one mod, here's the link:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/...4ZTK0PsQbLuB_Q
I should have them done by the end of the week 5/4/2014 if all goes well. Includes all 40 man rosters as of opening day and should match the 2014 quickstart.
Here's a preview of what my pics look like..they look alot sharper in game than here.
Recolorized and resized to 170x255:
For those of you that like to create the team pics, add this to your app.cfg file (It was left out of the app.cfg in ootp 15) Set the numbers to fit your situation:
team_picture_pictures_per_row
team_picture_x_diff
team_picture_y_diff
team_picture_zoom

This allows you to set the spacing, zoom level (only for facegen) and # of pics per row by changing the various numbers in the app.cfg file settings (always requires a restart).
per_row is simply the # of pics for each row.
x_diff is the width spacing between each player's pic.
y_diff is the highth spacing between each player's pic.
zoom-the higher the number the more the pic is zoomed in (might be the opposite. Can't remember for sure).
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image Image 

Last edited by Bigrod; 05-05-2014 at 01:39 PM.
Bigrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 01:51 AM   #2
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

White Sox, Indians, Rockies, Reds and Tigers.
Attached Images

Last edited by Bigrod; 04-30-2014 at 03:34 AM.
Old 04-30-2014, 01:58 AM   #3
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Astros, Royals, Angels, Dodgers, and Marlins
Attached Images
Old 04-30-2014, 02:01 AM   #4
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Brewers, Twins, Yankees, Mets and soon to come Athletics.
Attached Images

Last edited by Bigrod; 04-30-2014 at 03:14 AM.
Old 05-01-2014, 01:31 AM   #5
Kammich
Minors (Single A)

Big up! Thanks man
Old 05-02-2014, 12:51 PM   #6
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Getting there slowly but surely....Phillies, Pirates, Padres, Giants and Mariners...5 more to go...
Attached Images

Last edited by Bigrod; 05-03-2014 at 11:34 AM.
Old 05-02-2014, 09:25 PM   #7
Kammich
Minors (Single A)

Hmm.... I have an idea I may try (just with these screens of the previews) but it may also flop terribly, and not even be worth sharing the idea because of my fear of how bad it might look :/

Just wondering, though, should it look nice and be worth possibly showing/releasing to the public on the forums, may I have your permission to use the main team photos like you have them posted/displayed as preview in this post, Big Rod?

I would of course always credit you with the photos and everything you did within the creation I might give a go if it worked out-- that is, assuming you would be OK with it and the use of said team photo/lineups.

Thanks, and I am highly anticipating a release for these! Take your time! The best is what counts, anyway. Rushing is never a good thing with intricate mods 'n stuff; saving a .jpg is much easier and I am quite envious of the great mods and cool photos you and others provide us with! Thanks again-- the other high-res photos will be fine to use until your photos are complete, when I can then merge 'em and use them both, which is gonna be fun! (I love changing photos- I also like when I can find photos that depict emotion, and sometimes I'll change a player image based on that and his performance or morale alone. )
Old 05-02-2014, 09:30 PM   #8
Kammich
Minors (Single A)

P.S. I have started a player pack for the Netherlands' league-- I haven't done a lot, and it may be hard to track down photos with players in their full uniforms (this is where if anyone knows how to mod or rather photoshop images, and wants to pop a cap on their photo, that would be cool!), but I think I can find most of them.

Just as long as I can complete the project and find the images for enough players (which means at least 90-95%, unless it proves frugal to begin with), I will release them in a folder/upload on dropbox or see if OOTP Mods would like to host it. As of now I have no ETA but I am working on them daily, and it's a case where if I have one or two days with enough time I might be able to hammer them out then and there and hopefully have them released. Pretty much all photos are in 90x135 sizing, saved in .jpg format, and as close to uniform (to their actual teams, that is) as I could find them. Most depict the player in some sort of action shot, though, I have to admit. If I find portraits I try to use them unless they're bloody awful, but otherwise....

I hope to have them out in 4-7 days tops- but it can change. Hope I'm not stealing any thunder here, Rod I just don't want to make my own post and clog up the boards for a small little photopack. Just hoping some people who like your set, which is really great, see this post if they're possibly interested in photos for the other baseball associations in the all-in-one with 7 (NOT including MLB and *** which are both completed and out there for the taking- thanks to Kyle and everyone else who is making mods for MLB players!).

Cheers, and I can't wait for these!
Old 05-03-2014, 08:36 AM   #9
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Use whatever you like..no problem..
Dutch photos can be gotten from the team sites:
http://www.honkbalsite.com/hoofdklasse/
Just click the team name and that'll bring up the page with that teams roster and link to their website.
The neptunus have png photos...keep those as png 170x255 for best results.
Het team - Neptunus hoofdklasse - Neptunus.
Here's a sample. Jorian van Acker and Stijn van der Meer (smaller, but most are the large like Jorian).
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 05-05-2014, 04:49 AM   #10
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

The last 5...Cards, Rays, Rangers, Blue Jays and Nationals.
Just got to add the personnel and the 2014 will be complete. Then I'll send off to kev. to get it in the 2014 all-in-one. I'll also upload my own to dropbox and put the link in the first post.
Attached Images
Old 05-06-2014, 11:08 PM   #11
Kammich
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigrod View Post
Use whatever you like..no problem..
Dutch photos can be gotten from the team sites:
http://www.honkbalsite.com/hoofdklasse/
Just click the team name and that'll bring up the page with that teams roster and link to their website.
The neptunus have png photos...keep those as png 170x255 for best results.
Het team - Neptunus hoofdklasse - Neptunus.
Here's a sample. Jorian van Acker and Stijn van der Meer (smaller, but most are the large like Jorian).
Whoa! I owe you one. I haven't been online-- been very busy with some stuff and dealing with some summer stuff in the near future, so I only was able to see these in completion (and your link above) just now!

That is extremely helpful to me. I had finished one team, but I will likely now re-do it with nicer photos to work with. There really was no theme, only each player was in a 7-Eleven uniform and I made sure that it showed on their hat or jersey and re-sized each photo 90x135*...other than that, I was having a bit of an issue finding some photos and somehow that site did not come up in my search, because I did search for it!

Thanks much for the links and incredible images, as usual I love your high res images, and with the others that were posted, it should be fun and unique to be able to shuffle things up from time to time for variety. I've always wanted to find moody (real) headshots of players, so I can change them with their moods...haha. Maybe it'll be easier or kinda possible this year now :P thanks as always Rod!

I hope to release some photopacks I have been working on soon.... I admit what I had was extremely simple but I am going to look into restarting since there are so few teams anyway, and those images are so much nicer. (Assuming there isn't already a photopack out which wouldn't shock me- the community members here are unbelievable!)

Cheers!
Old 05-07-2014, 11:38 AM   #12
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Great job, Bigrod! Thanks so much!
pstrickert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 04:27 PM   #13
tehRedRanger
Bat Boy

How to Install the Photos

I am new to OOTP and I was wondering if you could give me a quick step by step guide to installing these photos. They look fantastic. I downloaded the file, but it was a RAR file and when I moved it to the photos file in OOTP nothing happened. If you could help me out at all it would be much appreciated.
tehRedRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 04:39 PM   #14
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehRedRanger View Post
I am new to OOTP and I was wondering if you could give me a quick step by step guide to installing these photos. They look fantastic. I downloaded the file, but it was a RAR file and when I moved it to the photos file in OOTP nothing happened. If you could help me out at all it would be much appreciated.
Sorry for the late reply. Hopefuly you've figured it out by now. If not here's the answer.
Simply extract the .rar file directly to ootp's Photos folder.
Start ootp and click settings. When the popup opens, click the facegen tab and set the picture search mode to search for photo first. Goto your saved game's news\html\images\person_pictures folder and delete everything (don't need to delete if your starting a new game).
Restart ootp and the real player photos should show.
If you need more help, pm me.
Thanks for dl'ing and enjoy

Last edited by Bigrod; 07-31-2014 at 04:41 PM.
Old 08-01-2014, 07:45 PM   #15
tpollex
Bat Boy

Thanks for the directions. I do not see a Photos folder however I do see a data folder and a default data folder.
tpollex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 12:48 AM   #16
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpollex View Post
Thanks for the directions. I do not see a Photos folder however I do see a data folder and a default data folder.
Photos folder should be in the data folder.