Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Title Bout Championship Boxing > TBCB Trouble-Shooting & Tech Support

Old 08-14-2013, 07:22 PM   #261
3sam3
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanks Paul. I got that taken care of, but no matter what I enter into the scheduler I'm still getting "Possible Red Corner Fighters 0, Possible Blue Corner Fighters 0, Possible Bouts 0". Sorry for being such a pain in the arse.
3sam3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 06:05 AM   #262
pisdpaul
Developer PISD & OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3sam3 View Post
Thanks Paul. I got that taken care of, but no matter what I enter into the scheduler I'm still getting "Possible Red Corner Fighters 0, Possible Blue Corner Fighters 0, Possible Bouts 0". Sorry for being such a pain in the arse.
Can you go to the fighters screen, select the "AFRICA ZONE" group so you only see the fighters in that group. Now how many JFW fighters are there with a rating between 2-10 in your group?
pisdpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 04:59 PM   #263
Hanson Bros
Hall Of Famer

haven't read back so this is just a shot in the dark, are the fighters in your African Zone group active or retired? Maybe the game is searching for active fighters and those guys are retired ...

UTBA3
Hanson Bros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 07:08 PM   #264
Hanson Bros
Hall Of Famer

Nothing to do with anything but just thought it was interesting ... I keep 2.5 up at all times on my computer ... every time I load 2.6 to check something and then close it back out, the sound on 2.5 no longer works, I have to close out 2.5 and reopen it to get the sound on ... just tried it 3 times in a row and all 3 times the sound went out

UTBA3
Old 08-20-2013, 04:52 AM   #265
3sam3
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Scheduler

Sorry I was out of town and away from the board for a while. Still having issues with the scheduler. I've tried everything. Here are some screen shots from start to finish....Maybe someone can see what I'm doing wrong...
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image Image 
Old 08-20-2013, 04:53 AM   #266
3sam3
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thank you.
Old 08-20-2013, 07:58 AM   #267
pisdpaul
Developer PISD & OOTP

Quote:
Thank you.
On face value this all looks right, so I am going to try to repeat the same conditions here and work it through. I will let you know what i find.
Old 08-20-2013, 01:40 PM   #268
3sam3
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thank you Paul....Trying not to be a pain...
Old 08-20-2013, 04:07 PM   #269
Hanson Bros
Hall Of Famer

could it be possible that the fight date is before any of them were born? grasping at straws

UTBA3
Old 08-20-2013, 09:27 PM   #270
amst1979
Minors (Rookie Ball)

On a similar note to 3sam3's problem, I tried some tests of my own related to the autoscheduler generating less than the requested fights. I noticed that a 0 is automatically set in the maximum rating difference query if it's blank which causes a similar problem. Putting in a 15 serves as a good workaround for this but I wanted to point that out. (I know, it's always the small issues with me)

That said, Hanson, the autoscheduler works properly with this workaround even with the fight date occuring before the birth date of the oldest fighter - at least on Linux Mint. That was a keen observation but I'm also at a loss as to what the source of this bug is.

Anyone else have any advice? Anyone?
amst1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 03:19 AM   #271
3sam3
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanks to both Hanson Bros. and amst1979, tried both of your suggestions, but unfortunately they did not solve the problem.....I'm completely stumped.
I really like everything about this version of TB, just need the scheduler issue to work itself out......
Old 08-21-2013, 10:34 AM   #272
Cap
Hall Of Famer

Using the autoscheduler today I selected a specific boxer for fighter 1 and then let the game select fighter 2. Much to my surprise of 178 possible matches it only created 1. Then it dawned on me that I had checked "fight only once".

Cap
Old 08-27-2013, 12:57 AM   #273
3sam3
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Problem with auto scheduler Located...It was between my ears.

For the past 10 days I have been asking for help in trying to figure out why I could not get my auto-scheduler to work...First off I must say the people on this board and Paul are so gracious and quick to lend a helping hand when someone has a problem.....A truly great group...(Especially you Cap, while I've just started posting I've been following this board for years and you have always been one of the first to step up and lend a brother a hand when needed....Big cudos to you....)

And now, I'm embarassed to say I found the problem...After going over the problem 64 billion times and bugging yawl with my issue, about 5 minutes ago I happened to notice that the "Include in auto-schedules" box was not checked on one of my fighters. In fact it was not checked on any of the fighters I imported over from 2.5...Did a mass edit to fix that issue, put the check in the box on all my fighters, and wouldn't yah know it, the auto-scheduler works like a charm.....

So right now I have nothing else to say but, Good Night from the shallow end of the gene pool.....Oh Yeah and GEAUX LSU
Old 08-27-2013, 05:41 AM   #274
pisdpaul
Developer PISD & OOTP

Quote:
For the past 10 days I have been asking for help in trying to figure out why I could not get my auto-scheduler to work...First off I must say the people on this board and Paul are so gracious and quick to lend a helping hand when someone has a problem.....A truly great group...(Especially you Cap, while I've just started posting I've been following this board for years and you have always been one of the first to step up and lend a brother a hand when needed....Big cudos to you....)

And now, I'm embarassed to say I found the problem...After going over the problem 64 billion times and bugging yawl with my issue, about 5 minutes ago I happened to notice that the "Include in auto-schedules" box was not checked on one of my fighters. In fact it was not checked on any of the fighters I imported over from 2.5...Did a mass edit to fix that issue, put the check in the box on all my fighters, and wouldn't yah know it, the auto-scheduler works like a charm.....

So right now I have nothing else to say but, Good Night from the shallow end of the gene pool.....Oh Yeah and GEAUX LSU
That is quite a relief, I was having trouble repeating it, now I know why! I am glad you got it up and running again. However I must ask, are those fighter marked "don't Include in auto-schedules" in your saved game when loaded in v2.5? I guess what I am asking is, was it an import bug?
Old 08-28-2013, 12:25 AM   #275
SAL
Hall Of Famer

When I click on Fight Card the program shuts down due to program not responding. I'm running the latest version.
SAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 05:48 AM   #276
pisdpaul
Developer PISD & OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAL View Post
When I click on Fight Card the program shuts down due to program not responding. I'm running the latest version.
Has it always done this or is it new behaviour? How long have you left it? If you create a new game does it work then? How many fighters do you have on your game?

Not responding means the game is very busy or stuck trying to do something. I can't think of anything that big when you go to the fight card, but just to be sure, click on fight card and go for a cup of tea. If the "not responding" dialog pops up, ask it to wait. Let me know what happens.
Old 08-29-2013, 10:26 PM   #277
SAL
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pisdpaul View Post
Has it always done this or is it new behaviour? How long have you left it? If you create a new game does it work then? How many fighters do you have on your game?

Not responding means the game is very busy or stuck trying to do something. I can't think of anything that big when you go to the fight card, but just to be sure, click on fight card and go for a cup of tea. If the "not responding" dialog pops up, ask it to wait. Let me know what happens.
This is new behaviour. I ran a few fight cards for testing prior to kicking my new uni off with no problems. The auto scheduler, head to head and start fight all run fine. New universe with 3500 fighters in it.

I tried running a fight card tonight.....same result. When the tbcb.exe is not responding message came up, I walked away, had a couple of homebrews instead of tea and when I came back.....still showing this message.

Last edited by SAL; 08-29-2013 at 10:29 PM.
Old 08-29-2013, 11:23 PM   #278
SAL
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAL View Post
This is new behaviour. I ran a few fight cards for testing prior to kicking my new uni off with no problems. The auto scheduler, head to head and start fight all run fine. New universe with 3500 fighters in it.

I tried running a fight card tonight.....same result. When the tbcb.exe is not responding message came up, I walked away, had a couple of homebrews instead of tea and when I came back.....still showing this message.
Tried creating a new game and now it hangs up at 41% no matter what I ask for in the way of fighters. Is there a way to do a re-install of the game without using up my licience. This is getting very frustating. I like a lot of the new features but it looks like I'm wasting my efforts trying to set up a new game so I'm probably heading back to 2.5 and sticking with it.
Old 08-30-2013, 04:56 AM   #279
pisdpaul
Developer PISD & OOTP

Can you send me the saved game that is getting stuck on fight cards pls. I will run it up and look for the reason. Email it with a short note to someone@pisd.co.uk.

Have you done a data update recently? Is your Harddisk running low on space? I can think of another reason off the top of my head why a new game won't start.
Old 08-30-2013, 05:15 PM   #280
SAL
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pisdpaul View Post
Can you send me the saved game that is getting stuck on fight cards pls. I will run it up and look for the reason. Email it with a short note to someone@pisd.co.uk.

Have you done a data update recently? Is your Harddisk running low on space? I can think of another reason off the top of my head why a new game won't start.
If your talking about updating the game to the newest version for the data update.......the answer is yes. As far as my system goes, I have 450 GB of free space left on my hard drive. Installed RAM is 4.00 GB.

I'll email my saved game.