Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > iOOTP Baseball > iOOTP - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

iOOTP - General Discussions Talk about iOOTP Baseball, the baseball management simulation for iPhone/iPod/iPad

Old 06-23-2012, 09:13 AM   #21
Disco Dog 13
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolushhere View Post
how did trout do if you dont mind.

I just traded teixera for three prospects, then traded two of them and betances for ian kennedy.

Did you keep baneulos or betances and how did they do if you did.
Nope I got rid of both of them

As you can see Trout did well but tailed off so is now in the Minors as sadly he's been overtaken by other prospects

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340457153.209091.jpg
Views: 226
Size:  131.5 KB

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340457168.824285.jpg
Views: 229
Size:  132.0 KB
Disco Dog 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 09:24 AM   #22
Disco Dog 13
Minors (Triple A)

Can I ask for some input please folks

Sent Trout to the minors as his rating dipped below 70

His replacements on the bench are below

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340457655.242029.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  131.4 KB

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340457670.906970.jpg
Views: 215
Size:  127.8 KB

They both have better offensive ratings but he's a better outfielder (with 99-100 at all 3 positions and a range of 99) than both of them

At what point do you select a better fielder who is say a 65/70 over a better batter who is 72/80 ?

Have I ruined Trouts stats & ratings by dropping him too prematurely ?
Old 06-23-2012, 11:25 AM   #23
Disco Dog 13
Minors (Triple A)

Recalled Trout to my Active Roster for 3 weeks but just on the bench and he's now sub 60 !! (59/62 ?!?!? - he was 62/64 when I recalled him originally)

He starts the game at 62/79 overall

I got rid of Neftali Feliz who then went from a 2.5 star guy with no additional potential (starter and closer) and within a year and a half he was a 5 start starter .... So I know ratings can change.

So how do you get someone out of a slump in terms if their ratings especially if they aren't good enough to make into into the lineup ???

He's only 25 so I don't want to give up on him just yet ...... HELP !

Last edited by Disco Dog 13; 06-23-2012 at 11:31 AM.
Old 06-23-2012, 11:02 PM   #24
nolushhere
Minors (Triple A)

from what you put up there, his batting average was over 300 most of the time he's been a yankee.

With numbers like that, I would ignore the ratings and let him play, give him two months and see how he does. If his ratings suck or are lowering, but he hits over 300 I would let him play tbh.
nolushhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 12:48 AM   #25
Disco Dog 13
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
from what you put up there, his batting average was over 300 most of the time he's been a yankee.

With numbers like that, I would ignore the ratings and let him play, give him two months and see how he does. If his ratings suck or are lowering, but he hits over 300 I would let him play tbh.
The end of the season happened and Giancarlo Stanton become a FA so I got rid of about $20M from the wage bill in order to acquire him - including Trout

He was 58/62 when I traded him and within a few months of the off season he is 65/65

Will watch his progress though and if he
has a good season then I'll try to pick him up again

In saying that he wouldn't get past these 5 guys at present though

Outfield starters

DH

Bench

Last edited by Disco Dog 13; 06-24-2012 at 12:55 AM.
Old 06-24-2012, 02:38 AM   #26
nolushhere
Minors (Triple A)

jesum yeah stanton and harper just look like absolute studs.

I got trout on my team now, I might have to see if I can get stanton or harper for him maybe.

Not sure I can pull off trades for both of them, but we'll see I obviously dont have to do it now, its my first season.

although I plan on playing each one of my games, so I might not cruise threw the seasons that way usually.

But maybe I'll sim as I get everything set up.

when you released arod and jeter and them, didnt you take a huge hit on your not payroll but finances of your team, cause you still get stuck paying them even if you release them right.

Thats how it works on ootp not sure if the iphone version is the same thing.
nolushhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 02:53 AM   #27
Disco Dog 13
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
jesum yeah stanton and harper just look like absolute studs.

I got trout on my team now, I might have to see if I can get stanton or harper for him maybe.

Not sure I can pull off trades for both of them, but we'll see I obviously dont have to do it now, its my first season.

although I plan on playing each one of my games, so I might not cruise threw the seasons that way usually.

But maybe I'll sim as I get everything set up.

when you released arod and jeter and them, didnt you take a huge hit on your not payroll but finances of your team, cause you still get stuck paying them even if you release them right.

Thats how it works on ootp not sure if the iphone version is the same thing.
I think my salary went under the $200M but I didn't have any money that I could use for either extensions or FA signings
- only trades

So this must be different from ootp from what you've said
Old 06-25-2012, 09:26 AM   #28
magicspeedo
Minors (Triple A)

Your CF's scare me. I know how harper is built, and he's not a CF, hes a LF or RF. Sure they can all hit, but can they play defense??
magicspeedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 09:59 AM   #29
Disco Dog 13
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicspeedo View Post
Your CF's scare me. I know how harper is built, and he's not a CF, hes a LF or RF. Sure they can all hit, but can they play defense??
Yep I'm playing him out of position but he was the best placed guy in terms of fitting a round peg into a square hole (Stanton can only play RF and White had an even worse rating at CF than Harper)

Doing ok though - after 40 games I'm 36-4 !!!

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340632552.710316.jpg
Views: 201
Size:  117.7 KB

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340632589.397016.jpg
Views: 204
Size:  118.8 KB

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340632455.632285.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  128.5 KB

Who would have known that Stanton was going to be the most under performing ... in terms of Batting AVG anyway

Last edited by Disco Dog 13; 06-25-2012 at 10:07 AM.
Old 06-25-2012, 10:18 AM   #30
magicspeedo
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco Dog 13 View Post
Yep I'm playing him out of position but he was the best placed guy in terms of fitting a round peg into a square hole (Stanton can only play RF and White had an even worse rating at CF than Harper)
I'm sure it will work out if the rest of your team is that good, but if there is one quality team in the playoffs and you are trying to sim, you might get beat. A mediocre (defensively) CF is hard to get around, unless you have all ground ball pitchers in your rotation and bullpen. It can work, it's just I like to take no chances. No doubt harper can play there and be decent, it's just he's not the first choice ya know? I do understand ur just trying to fit pieces together, which I have done on many occasion, but aren't you the yanks? I've never played with a team that has over a 200M budget...didn't realize you still had to mash pieces together with that kinda budget!
Old 06-25-2012, 10:26 AM   #31
magicspeedo
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Who would have known that Stanton was going to be the most under performing ... in terms of Batting AVG anyway
It's because he's not protected so he probably never sees any good pitches. (EDIT, I bet he is protected because you're the yankees and can afford to have protection at the 7 spot...I'm jealous...I usually use the 7 hitter as a second lead off hitter, or a spot to train up a lead off hitter to take over for my current lead off hitter in a season or two)

I don't know about their splits and how they hit against RHP, but why isn't Stanton batting higher?

And I would put White at #3, Stanton #4, Harper #5. White is your best hitter by the three attributes I see!

Of course, with that line up, I don't think it's going to matter so much lol

Last edited by magicspeedo; 06-25-2012 at 10:34 AM.
Old 06-25-2012, 10:29 AM   #32
magicspeedo
Minors (Triple A)

Dude, post a screen shot of Story, 22 HR and .391 from the 2 spot???? He's going nuts! Is he that good, or is he just having a good run?
Old 06-25-2012, 10:37 AM   #33
Disco Dog 13
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
I'm sure it will work out if the rest of your team is that good, but if there is one quality team in the playoffs and you are trying to sim, you might get beat. A mediocre (defensively) CF is hard to get around, unless you have all ground ball pitchers in your rotation and bullpen. It can work, it's just I like to take no chances. No doubt harper can play there and be decent, it's just he's not the first choice ya know? I do understand ur just trying to fit pieces together, which I have done on many occasion, but aren't you the yanks? I've never played with a team that has over a 200M budget...didn't realize you still had to mash pieces together with that kinda budget!
still only $200m !!!

I've only changed him as a result of bringing in Stanton

The way Trout's Fielding Stats improved when I "forced" him to play LF (when Gardner got injured back in the 2012 season) I think he'll be looking accomplished within a season or 2 - a long time to wait I know but I'm patient.

Plus I can always move Stanton to DH and then bring in a better CF (moving Harper back to RF) if need be

Cheers for pointing this out though as if an injury occured (these words will haunt me !!) then I'd be left short

In terms of my budget I never have anyone in my Minor League setup who is on more than the minimum $480K

I wouldn't sign anyone who was on more than that unless they could make the Active Roster

Whenever I am starting a new season anyone who doesn't meet that criteria will be traded for prospect on either a Minor League contract or the minimum

(I made acquiring Jose Felix for $1.1M an exception to this rule as I wanted a 3rd Catcher in case either Ramon Marrero my first choice, or Jesus Montero back-up got injured)

I've got 10 guys on the minimum in the Minors so I can plough the other $195M into the main roster for contract extensions etc

My Payroll is at $189M at present so as the saying goes .. "so far so good"

Another one of my favourites is "If it ain't broke ... don't fix it"

Old 06-25-2012, 10:43 AM   #34
Disco Dog 13
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
dude, post a screen shot of story, 22 hr and .391 from the 2 spot???? He's going nuts! Is he that good, or is he just having a good run?
Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340635415.874579.jpg
Views: 246
Size:  134.1 KB
Old 06-25-2012, 10:46 AM   #35
magicspeedo
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
still only $200m !!!
Another one of my favourites is "If it ain't broke ... don't fix it"
Yeah, it's not like your team sucks or anything, but if Stanton doesn't get his average up, his contact attribute will plummet, and he will end up being overpriced and hard(er) to move.
Old 06-25-2012, 10:48 AM   #36
Disco Dog 13
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
It's because he's not protected so he probably never sees any good pitches. (EDIT, I bet he is protected because you're the yankees and can afford to have protection at the 7 spot...I'm jealous...I usually use the 7 hitter as a second lead off hitter, or a spot to train up a lead off hitter to take over for my current lead off hitter in a season or two)

I don't know about their splits and how they hit against RHP, but why isn't Stanton batting higher?
This is why

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340635560.862883.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  110.3 KB

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340635572.774428.jpg
Views: 189
Size:  110.2 KB

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340635587.523142.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  110.4 KB

3 beasts plus Story is why he's at number 6

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340635479.606762.jpg
Views: 193
Size:  111.0 KB

In saying that I've seen loads of players start at .200 - .250 then go on a run and end up at .290 - .300 so he might go up the lineup in the future
Old 06-25-2012, 10:48 AM   #37
magicspeedo
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
LOL your line up is retarded (in a good way). You have so many guys who can hit with power. I guess that's what you can do with a huge budget...I'm usually working with 140M-170M. It makes a HUGE difference.
Old 06-25-2012, 10:53 AM   #38
Disco Dog 13
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
LOL your line up is retarded (in a good way). You have so many guys who can hit with power. I guess that's what you can do with a huge budget...I'm usually working with 140M-170M. It makes a HUGE difference.
I've got 13 guys on between $11M - $17M so I could cut some corners there
Loads of guys on the minimum but obviously that'll change soon
... and as soon as the contract renewals get ridiculous then off they go.

Sandoval, Castro, Posey, Morales, Fielder, Hosmer, Melancon, Pappelbon, Pestano, Sergio Santos, Zach Wheeler, Lindblom, Kelvin Herrera, Jarrod Parker, Pineda, Aaron Crow, Kimbrel, Minor, Strop ....

All traded as soon as they either (a) weren't performing to the same levels as before ...
or (b) wanted too much money when their contracts came up for renewal
Adios and Hello Mr Prospects !!!

I just wanted to see how things went so that's why I picked the Yankees

Now that I seem to be doing ok I might set a challenge and go for a lesser team
... but winning is fun

Last edited by Disco Dog 13; 06-25-2012 at 11:00 AM.
Old 06-25-2012, 10:55 AM   #39
magicspeedo
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
This is why

3 beasts plus Story is why he's at number 6

In saying that I've seen loads of players start at .200 - .250 then go on a run and end up at .290 - .300 so he might go up the lineup in the future
You're absolutely right, I've seen it 1000 times, and I hope he does dude, cuz if he doesn't, he will take a huge hit to his attributes. It looks like the other guys would still hit just fine if you swapped him with Bryant or White though. (although I wouldn't drop White any lower than 4th, hes way too good of a hitter). I would try it for a few series and see if he can get his average up while the other can maintain theirs.

I get if it ain't broke, don't fix it, but Stanton is broke if he's hitting .230 with his attributes. Not that it's really going to matter, your team is going to walk to the world series.
Old 06-25-2012, 10:58 AM   #40
magicspeedo
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
I've got 13 guys on between $11M - $17M so I could cut some corners there
Loads of guys on the minimum but obviously that'll change soon
... and as soon as the contract renewals get ridiculous then off they go

I just wanted to see how things went so that's why I picked the Yankees

Now that I seem to be doing ok I might set a challenge and go for a lesser team
... but winning is fun
You want a true challenge? Try to win 6 straight with the Brewers by purely simulating. Smallest market in baseball. I won 20 titles in 30 years with them and by 2040 the highest I could get the market was "Rather Big" and my budget maxed out at 170M I think (it's been a while since I deleted that save cuz it got old to win with no chance of increasing the market size anymore).

Edit: I never hit 6 straight, stuck at 5