Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2012, 01:45 PM   #1
sprague
All Star Starter

ratings to stats

posted this in my ehm thread, saw 166 views but no comments-
so wanted to post this idea again, as I feel it would be a very nice and helpful addition to the game following on how ootp did things

I would suggest- since the players will be rated in so many areas, if there is something that can turn out the way the baseball game does to turn it into statistics if we want to work with made up or revised players.

So say a 78 shooting, 79 passing, 84 skating, 43 checking, 56 hitting ect will turn out into a total of modern game readout to be
28 goals, 35 assists, 71 penalty minutes, 67 overal defensive rating

That would make it easier as we create personalized games so i know what ratings to use if i want to make a specific player.
as soon as i change the skating from 84 to 91 or 48 the main ratings below change as well, as in the baseball game...to help us keep track of what all those player ratings mean in terms of likely stats for that player
sprague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 05:20 PM   #2
archibalduk
All Star Starter

I think this point has been raised and responded to somewhere else before (I can't remember where exactly though - maybe it was the advanced stats thread). IIRC the answer is that it's not possible. There isn't the same close correlation between stats and skill like there is in baseball.