Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > iOOTP Baseball > iOOTP - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

iOOTP - General Discussions Talk about iOOTP Baseball, the baseball management simulation for iPhone/iPod/iPad

Old 04-14-2012, 08:21 PM   #61
revcarte
Major Leagues

thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz Algool View Post
The side by side screenshots that Hagfors posted perfectly show the problem with the logo colors changing from the wide color palate to nothing but shades of brown and blue - a problem that has not been corrected in the new version.

I have been b*tching about this for almost as long as the program has been available but have never gotten a reply as to what the heck causes it. I put a new post about it up a couple of days ago - no reply back from the Guys in Charge. So I have to think that Revcarte's contention that some posters' complaints carry more weight than others is (kinda) valid...

We all paid for the game. You would think all our comments would be considered just as important. I can live with a shade smaller font, but the crappy colors in the team logo - that's a big problem for me. JMHO.

If we can FINALLY get an answer from one of the Guys in Charge - look, if you don't know what's caused it, fine, just SAY SO. The silence bites.
Thanks for the information on this topic. I have tried to be very supportive of this company because I appreciate the fact that they support the Mac and iPad but my suggestions have pretty much fallen on deaf ears. I strongly believe the game is incomplete without the ability to print box scores. Now they say that they have made numerous improvements but guess what they left out....the ability to print. That should have been at the top of the list. I had planned to purchase the Mac version, ootp13, this year but now I think I will pass on it since my experience with the iPhone version is not good. I certainly do appreciate hearing from you on this topic.
revcarte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 06:20 PM   #62
Walsh06
All Star Reserve

You know it feels like you are joking when you are posting now. Its hard to tell because of just how seriously you are taking it.
Walsh06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 09:29 PM   #63
revcarte
Major Leagues

thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walsh06 View Post
You know it feels like you are joking when you are posting now. Its hard to tell because of just how seriously you are taking it.
Thanks "genius" but the above reply was not directed at you in any way so I invite you to keep your opinions to yourself.
Old 04-17-2012, 05:59 PM   #64
mi77ens
Art Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by revcarte View Post
It is nice that at least one person sympathizes with me. The other people on this forum seem to only care about themselves and anyone who disagrees can go to hell. As long as they are happy that is all that matters. The truth is there was no real reason to change the font. It worked well last year and I also realize that my requests for the game have never mattered to the designers. I have requested the ability to print the box scores since the first month it came out and have requested the ability to play a shortened schedule for a long time also. Apparently only certain people matter on this forum.
I am very sorry that you are disappointed with our decisions. But again, these decisions are based on professional experience, technical feasibility and sometimes on what the majority of people want/need. Sometimes this means that not everybody is happy. It does not mean that we (the developers) don't care about some peoples' opinions.
mi77ens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 08:54 AM   #65
revcarte
Major Leagues

Thank you

Thank you for your reply. I know you take great pride in your product and I understand the concept that you cannot please everyone. It is, however, disappointing when a change is made that results in a lost customer. Maybe I need stronger glasses
Old 04-18-2012, 10:32 AM   #66
Husky51
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Thank you for your reply. I know you take great pride in your product and I understand the concept that you cannot please everyone. It is, however, disappointing when a change is made that results in a lost customer. Maybe I need stronger glasses
Hi Rev,

On the airprint issue, I know this is not an ideal solution, but I was wondering now that in '12 the boxscores appear side by side, if you snapped a picture of the boxscore with your ipad/iphone camera and then printed it from the pic? Again, not ideal, but could work.
Husky51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:21 PM   #67
revcarte
Major Leagues

not

Quote:
Originally Posted by Husky51 View Post
Hi Rev,

On the airprint issue, I know this is not an ideal solution, but I was wondering now that in '12 the boxscores appear side by side, if you snapped a picture of the boxscore with your ipad/iphone camera and then printed it from the pic? Again, not ideal, but could work.
don't think it will work. I cannot get the entire box score on one screen. the thing is that AirPrint is supposedly one of the easiest features to put in to an App now days. From what I have read and heard it is now a very simple process to add the AirPrint feature. Apparently the Ease of doing has nothing to do with the company's decision. I think it was because I was the only one who requested it.
For this and other reasons stated here in the forum I am beginning to lose interest in the game. I still play the iPad version a little but I do not play nearly as much as I used to. I guess I am a man of principle and I try to patronize companies and spend my money where I feel that I am appreciated. If I have a bad experience or two in a car repair shop or grocery store...then I just go somewhere else the next time. Money is too hard to come by now days to spend it with people I feel do not appreciate my business.
Old 04-19-2012, 12:22 AM   #68
Alex DeLargest
Bat Boy

A comparison between an automobile mechanic performing poor or dishonest service and a videogame company with thousands of customers not implementing small features you demand in the five dollar game you bought for your expensive consumer electronic device?!

That's some ace trolling. Thanks for the laughs, revs.
Alex DeLargest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 01:18 AM   #69
HavenHunting
Minors (Double A)

I know I have asked a few times about every team having there own ballpark picture. In my head I would think this would be easy to do, however I am not a developer. I think at one point last year I was even told it would be added. This would add a lot mor immersion for me as I like to play out every game. Hell 90 percent of the time I use iexplorer and change the ballpark image every time I play at a different park. This has yet to be added and still almost all of my iPhone/iPad game time is with iootp. Not everyone can get everything they feel should be added.
HavenHunting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 05:49 AM   #70
revcarte
Major Leagues

dont know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex DeLargest View Post
A comparison between an automobile mechanic performing poor or dishonest service and a videogame company with thousands of customers not implementing small features you demand in the five dollar game you bought for your expensive consumer electronic device?!

That's some ace trolling. Thanks for the laughs, revs.
Don't know what ace trolling is...but glad I could intertain you You may not understand or agree with my reasoning but at least I am being honest and sharing the way I feel. With all of the "improvements" the company made over the past year not even one of my requests was implemented. But I am not on a crusade against the company... it has just caused me to lose interest in the game to some degree. And again...the phone version is no longer very condusive to my eye sight. I understand that many of you disagree with me and that is okay too. I am simply being honest with the way I feel. And by the way....I agree with you that $5 is a good price for the game.
Old 04-19-2012, 06:20 AM   #71
Disco Dog 13
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
It is, however, disappointing when a change is made that results in a lost customer.

For a "lost customer" you do seem to be sticking around quite a bit
Disco Dog 13 is offline   Reply With Quote