Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions

Old 03-18-2012, 05:23 AM   #21
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AESP_pres View Post
Probably, I meant some fans see as a positive that Gomez had 2 goals this year on a 7.6 millions salary.

But I gave you one positive :

The great season that David Desharnais had this year. Nice to see a guy who played his junior years five minutes from my house who was considered too small for the professional, even if he was big star with our team, being the best and most constant player of the team.
LOL - is there such a thing as lower than a negative? I feel sorry for any fan that sees that as a positive.

Yes, Desharnais is a positive. I always liked him because he comes to play every game. Great work ethic for sure.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 09:31 PM   #22
BTerran
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malte Schwarz View Post
Yes, you will be able to edit teams and leagues.
Random thought - and I'm sorry if this question has already been answered - will one of the things you'll be able to edit for leagues be the points system? For example, if I want overtime/shootout losses to award no points instead of 1, will that be possible?

Thanks
BTerran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 02:23 AM   #23
AESP_pres
Hall Of Famer

Don't think it was asked... BTW good idea to be able to edit the rules as if it was just for me the overtime rules in the NHL would return like they were (shutout and 4 against 4 is ridiculous non-sense, you don't win or loose a game with an all-stars event).

If you don't want tie game you go on overtime untill a goal is score without non-sense gimmick that make the game useless and dumb.
AESP_pres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 02:59 AM   #24
shawa666
All Star Reserve

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTerran View Post
Random thought - and I'm sorry if this question has already been answered - will one of the things you'll be able to edit for leagues be the points system? For example, if I want overtime/shootout losses to award no points instead of 1, will that be possible?

Thanks
I'm partial to the 3-2-1-0 system.
shawa666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 02:15 PM   #25
Certain Valor
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Don't think it was asked... BTW good idea to be able to edit the rules as if it was just for me the overtime rules in the NHL would return like they were (shutout and 4 against 4 is ridiculous non-sense, you don't win or loose a game with an all-stars event).

If you don't want tie game you go on overtime untill a goal is score without non-sense gimmick that make the game useless and dumb.
I actually prefer the current system, because the likely alternative is ties. I don't mind ties, but I can understand them being less thrilling. It would not be practical in real life to have continuous overtimes over the course of an 82-game season for fatigue purposes.
Certain Valor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 03:15 PM   #26
AESP_pres
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certain Valor View Post
It would not be practical in real life to have continuous overtimes over the course of an 82-game season for fatigue purposes.
I know, but at least the winner his a real one. I loved the old way, tie games wasn't a problem at all and at least it was an hockey game not an all star exibition...

Last edited by AESP_pres; 03-24-2012 at 03:17 PM.
AESP_pres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 06:20 PM   #27
Certain Valor
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
I know, but at least the winner his a real one. I loved the old way, tie games wasn't a problem at all and at least it was an hockey game not an all star exibition...
Like I said, I can understand how you don't like it, but for me, it's fine. I like the excitement of it, and I don't mind that it is based on a single skill instead of the game. It's no different, to me, then referees putting their whistles away in the final minutes of a game.

There are inconsistencies all throughout the game.

Besides, the standard structure of a game is contesting two points. The shootout contests a third. So it is, to some extent, separate. And ROW handles the tie-breakers in that regard.
Certain Valor is offline   Reply With Quote