Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-2012, 07:53 AM   #41
eehoo
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireholder View Post
Darren Helm has 9 minutes of icetime and puts everything he has into every shift and forces the other team to rush plays and disrupts the flow of their game and draws a penalty... none of those things show up in any statistics at all.
All of those things show up in statistics, just not the ones you're used to. If he succeeds in disrupting the other teams offense, he would have a low number of shots and scoring chances against. "Penalties drawn" is definitely a stat people are tracking.

Statistics are one aspect where it would be relatively easy to be better than EHM. In real life it takes some trained manpower to track who's on ice for each shot, for example, which is why individual Corsi numbers can only be calculated in the NHL. In a computer game it would be easy keep record of such things.

Gabriel Desjardins' ten part FAQ about Statistical Analysis in the NHL is a great introduction on the subject, if you need one.

One of the things which I'd like to see utilized regarding to the draft are league equivalencies. I know for a fact that NHL clubs use them as well.
eehoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 02:46 PM   #42
Parker27
Minors (Single A)

Great news guys!! You guys are my hero because you are doing something amazing. EHM is fantastic game and i play it everyday. But i am looking forward this game. I have a good feeling that you guys are ready to blow up bank :-)

What i need is:

- Suspensions. They belong to game. This is what i am missing in EHM. There is 1 game suspension but i need etc 5 games suspensions after big dirty hit.

- 3-way deals. Etc Toronto trades player A to Anaheim. Anaheim trade player B to Buffalo. And Buffalo traded player C to Toronto.

- More news and iformation. Hot and Cold streaks. I need to read more about another teams. EHM is only trade talks about another team.

- Injurys. More injured players. Player can injured after fight, big hits etc.
Parker27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 02:49 PM   #43
eMLBCommish
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by eMLBCommish View Post
Hey guys,

Very excited for this title to come next year.

Curious question: Does hockey have any equivalent of a Lahman database? I'm just gauging if there's going to be the ability to do historical leagues with the greats of old.

Thanks!
Anyone capable of answering this?

The Man Behind eMLB - https://atl-02.statsplus.net/emlb/re..._150_home.html

Proud OOTP Affiliate Streamer
Proud Twitch Partner (Partnered 3/15/22)
eMLBCommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 03:09 PM   #44
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eMLBCommish View Post
Anyone capable of answering this?
Start around post 108 in this thread -

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...es-hockey.html

There was some discussion on it there.
Bluenoser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 04:10 PM   #45
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker27 View Post
Great news guys!! You guys are my hero because you are doing something amazing. EHM is fantastic game and i play it everyday. But i am looking forward this game. I have a good feeling that you guys are ready to blow up bank :-)

What i need is:

- Suspensions. They belong to game. This is what i am missing in EHM. There is 1 game suspension but i need etc 5 games suspensions after big dirty hit.

- 3-way deals. Etc Toronto trades player A to Anaheim. Anaheim trade player B to Buffalo. And Buffalo traded player C to Toronto.

- More news and iformation. Hot and Cold streaks. I need to read more about another teams. EHM is only trade talks about another team.

- Injurys. More injured players. Player can injured after fight, big hits etc.
With injuries i like how we can choose in ootp. I'd like to see that here too with both injuries and suspensions where we can choose from Very Low, Low, Medium, High, Very High. Suspensions are certainly "very high" right now in the NHL...

I hope i can force an injury to a player as well through an editor. I like to play out scenarios where my top goalie or forward gets injured for the rest of the year and see how my team finishes.
Old 01-13-2012, 10:43 AM   #46
fireholder
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikthered View Post
The funny thing is I tend to play exactly the opposite. I don't know if I ever got more than a decade in because I like dealing with all of the minutiae (of course, games ended for various reasons). I liked to run with as much detail as possible, even if it slowed down the overall pace.
yep, i actually have you in mind as someone who i know plays very detailed "alone."

i let coaches do my coaching work and i love to focus heavily on player development and scouting.

of course, there's also the ISHL, where i don't think it's possible to get any more competitive and detailed with coaching. you should figure out where your player is and help with coaching , always a bit more of a thrill to go game by game setting details and tactics against humans than it is the AI.

anyway, i just wanted to point out the way people make weird assumptions about ehm. must not have given it a real shot. i'll be the first to jump up and point out the game's flaws, but let's keep them accurate
fireholder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 01:04 PM   #47
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireholder View Post
i let coaches do my coaching work and i love to focus heavily on player development and scouting.
I'm the same as you but I also love to watch my hockey world evolve - something i can do much better in ootps. That's why i hope for the goal to make sports-business text sims all dynamic. It's coming, very soon.
Old 01-16-2012, 01:57 PM   #48
fireholder
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1927p View Post
I'm the same as you but I also love to watch my hockey world evolve - something i can do much better in ootps. That's why i hope for the goal to make sports-business text sims all dynamic. It's coming, very soon.
not entirely sure what you mean. especially by "evolve."
fireholder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 07:05 AM   #49
Maccce
Bat Boy

Here are some things I missed in EHM2007. Hard to say if im the only one missing these but anyway:

- It would be awesome to see shootout / breakaway scoring percentage.
- I would enjoy seeing stats like 'where the player has scored most of his goals from'.
- Chemistry should increase between players when they play a lot together and it should influence the performances.
- Players should be ready to sign contracts with 4+ years. (It was rare for me in EHM).
- It was too easy to draft future franchise players in EHM.
- GM should be able to praise or criticize whole line.
- Exhibition matches between prospect teams.
Maccce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 08:16 PM   #50
GMO123
Major Leagues

Hopefully the managers/coaches will learn from their experiences with their own team and other teams and change their tactics and strategies based upon what they learned.

If a tactic doesn't work then they should see what worked and use that tactic or strategy.

If another team used a tactic that worked against another team that they will be playing then this tactic should be used or at least considered.

Tactics and strategies employed by the Head coaches should be dynamic.

Staff experience and intelligence should be factors in this.
GMO123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 08:21 PM   #51
GMO123
Major Leagues

It would be ideal if there was a player (and team) statistical database(s) and we could run our own queries against it to create our own statistics.

This would supplement any build-in stats automatically generated by the game.
GMO123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 08:48 AM   #52
ubbe
Bat Boy

What bugs me the most about EHM is that the scoring is and ME is kinda flawed which makes it kinda boring after awhile. Also for me atleast I have been having major problems setting up a defensive tactic with lots of backchecking and passive forchecking yet I still struggle to get below 3.00 in GA with good positional teams and good goalies. In general your own goalie always seem to struggle more than the AI goalie does..

More balanced scoring in the lineup.. EHM is quite easy once you stack your first two lines with guys with speed and elite shots.

Anyways looking forward to the game and will pre-order it once it becomes available!

ubbe
ubbe is offline   Reply With Quote