Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > iOOTP Baseball > iOOTP - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

iOOTP - General Discussions Talk about iOOTP Baseball, the baseball management simulation for iPhone/iPod/iPad

Old 06-23-2011, 04:02 PM   #1
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Update on 1.1.0

Firstly, I want to apologize for not being online much in the last few weeks. I don't want to make excuses but with iOOTP my first major project and the hard work up until the release and then 2 not-planed bugfix patches (+ the one we had to remove team nicknames) it took me a few days to get back on track. But then some private stuff hit me hard (much harder then most people know) and I got knocked out of my shoes. It was a very tough time for me and it takes some time to recover. But I think you deserve to know whats going on.

Now for the important stuff, the update on the update:

The 1.1.0 update is in beta test and so far only small problems showed up. If everything runs nicely we will submit the update to Apple around Wednesday next week. So it should be available around the 5th, exactly 2 month after release of the initial game. Please keep in mind we never know how long Apple takes to approve the update (and this time they have to approve 33 additional items!).

I will try to read all threads from the last days and answer as much as possible.

Thank you very much for your support of iOOTP 2011, it is a fun ride so far!
Old 06-23-2011, 09:16 PM   #2
Husky51
Minors (Double A)

Thanks for the update. As my dad used to say, it'll be here when it gets here!
Husky51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 08:22 AM   #3
JayWigley
Minors (Double A)

Thanks for the professional approach and for your honesty. I was going to post something along the lines of "I'm DYING for 1.1" or something this morning, so you saved me much embarrassment.

Can you tell us what past seasons make the 1.1 release?
JayWigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 08:37 AM   #4
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

I closed the polls yesterday. The 1.1.0 update has the following bundles included:

Bundle II - Record Breakers
Bundle VIII - Cinderella Team & Best of the Rest
Bundle X - Going the Distance (7-Game WS)

You can buy them as a bundle for $4.99 or single seasons at $0.99. All seasons from the bundles are available as single seasons, so with 1.1.0 you have 30 seasons to chose from.

Bundle IX, I and VII will be part of the following update (which will follow closely, as I will add the seasons and do some bug fixing only) and the rest with a third update (again, maybe 2 weeks later, generating the 30-40 seasons takes 1-2 days, but we need to test them all).

For the 1.1.0 update I have 20 of 30 seasons done and hope to get the last 10 in today so I can upload a new build to the beta tester.
Old 06-24-2011, 10:52 PM   #5
Donevyn
Major Leagues

Thanks for the update. Hope things have calmed down for you of late. Things happen and from previous history here in the forums, you've always done what you can when you can...which is ALLOT!
Donevyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 11:44 AM   #6
I23ryno
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Palli ignore the Whiners

Quote:
Originally Posted by palli View Post
Firstly, I want to apologize for not being online much in the last few weeks. I don't want to make excuses but with iOOTP my first major project and the hard work up until the release and then 2 not-planed bugfix patches (+ the one we had to remove team nicknames) it took me a few days to get back on track. But then some private stuff hit me hard (much harder then most people know) and I got knocked out of my shoes. It was a very tough time for me and it takes some time to recover. But I think you deserve to know whats going on.

Now for the important stuff, the update on the update:

The 1.1.0 update is in beta test and so far only small problems showed up. If everything runs nicely we will submit the update to Apple around Wednesday next week. So it should be available around the 5th, exactly 2 month after release of the initial game. Please keep in mind we never know how long Apple takes to approve the update (and this time they have to approve 33 additional items!).

I will try to read all threads from the last days and answer as much as possible.

Thank you very much for your support of iOOTP 2011, it is a fun ride so far!
Palli, ignore the whiners! Life happens! We always need to keep things in perspective and prioritize things appropriately! I think this type of posting with updates on additions, changes and time frame of release should keep people happy.
I23ryno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 05:51 PM   #7
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Thanks for the nice words!

Today I finished the last 10 seasons and I will upload a new build to the beta test team. Our graphic guy had a computer crash but I don't think that will affect the submitting to Apple next week.
Old 06-27-2011, 05:04 PM   #8
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Today I got a few (not all) new graphics. The update is now more or less complete from a coding standpoint, now it is just testing, testing and testing.
Old 06-27-2011, 09:51 PM   #9
Supernovae
Minors (Double A)

Palli,

Keep up the great work. The game is amazing and extremely fun to play. Any extras features are, as they say, "icing on the cake."

Thanks,
Supernovae
Supernovae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 04:27 PM   #10
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Another update:

I just uploaded the next build to our beta test team and as OOTP 12 patch #1 should be out soon I hope the team picks up on iOOTP again.

All feature and historical seasons are now finished, except for one new graphic all cosmetic things are done and the data for iTunes is ready for submit.

I'm still pretty sure that I will submit the update to Apple this week, except something bad comes up with the last build (I doubt it as I tested it a lot today).
Old 07-01-2011, 02:38 PM   #11
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

The last 2 days I played iOOTP non-stop. Sounds more fun then it actually is.

To test the seasons I have to buy every one (to make sure the id's are correct) and then play through at least one year to make sure I generated them correctly.

So far no big issues came up, so we are still are on track for a submit to Apple this weekend!
Old 07-04-2011, 07:34 PM   #12
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Ok, after a long weekend and an even longer Monday the update is with Apple now! Let's hope that they approve it soon.

I will give you some more information tomorrow on the next things that are on the table for iOOTP as work for the next update will start tomorrow, too.
Old 07-07-2011, 09:36 AM   #13
CHOWDERHEAD
Hall Of Famer

Friendly bump to see what info you have about the "nect update"...
Old 07-07-2011, 02:41 PM   #14
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Sorry, I had a BBQ with Markus and Andreas yesterday and for some reason it always ends with me sleeping at Andreas' place (it is a 2 hour train ride home).

Work on iOOTP will now split into two parts: one is the work on the HD iPad version, which is planed for late August/early September. The second part are two more (quick) updates both containing the remaining historical seasons.

The first update will be submitted a few days after Apple approves 1.1.0 (until it is approved I can't create a new version). We will wait 1-2 days to make sure that no new bugs show up (which I would fix first). The update will have 3 more bundles of historical seasons and a few fixes I have on my list (nothing special, mostly cosmetic stuff). The second update (again, not to long after the first update) will contain the final 4 bundles of historical seasons and a few new features (hopefully centered around some useful reports). Then as a final update the iPad version.
Old 07-07-2011, 03:23 PM   #15
Total Coelo
Minors (Double A)

Is the update still waiting for review, or is it in review?
Total Coelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 04:00 PM   #16
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Waiting for Review.

Please keep in mind that this time it is not only the update but 33 in-app purchase items that have to be reviewed (I have no idea if that takes longer).
Old 07-09-2011, 11:21 AM   #17
Walsh06
All Star Reserve

I feel theres no rush with the updates. The game is already really good so theres no point in rushing an update and causing problems. So I dont mind waiting because I know itll come out some time.

Have you released a full list of whats in the update along with the new seasons??
Walsh06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 05:08 PM   #18
Total Coelo
Minors (Double A)

In review yet?
Total Coelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 09:52 AM   #19
Walsh06
All Star Reserve

why did you ask the same question after palli just answered you??
Walsh06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 11:15 AM   #20
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

No, the update is still "Waiting for Review". I guess over the weekend that will not change.

For the list:

- Game Center Support (two Leader-boards)
- In-App Purchase of additional seasons (this update has 30 new seasons to chose from)
- Ini-Draft for all 3 game modes (not just fictional)
- Trade Block
- make Player untouchable so you don't get trade offers for them
- added the player rating screens during a match (before you was only able to see the profile page)
- some bug fixes