Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > iOOTP Baseball > iOOTP - General Discussions

iOOTP - General Discussions Talk about iOOTP Baseball, the baseball management simulation for iPhone/iPod/iPad

Old 05-20-2011, 12:25 PM   #61
ScottGer76
Minors (Rookie Ball)

What about the ability to look at fatigue for all your players rather than having to go through them individually? Also, as mentioned showing improvements/decline of abilities. How do we know when to bring a minor leaguer up?
ScottGer76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 01:26 PM   #62
CHOWDERHEAD
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by palli View Post
Keep them coming guys.

The two small bug fix patches delayed my work on version 1.1.0 a bit but I did a lot of work this week and will give you an update on the planed features during the weekend.
Thank you for keeping us in the loop. Looking forward to the continued evolvement of the game!
Old 05-20-2011, 11:27 PM   #63
djnate27
Bat Boy

Problem with lineup & rotation

Props to OOTP Development! This game is awesome!

But.........For some reason my team lineups don't work when I manage a game.
I actually have to adjust it every time I play a game which is getting annoying.

Also I have my pitching rotation set at 5-man, realistic. My 5th starter whose status is OK/100% - Rested keeps getting skipped and one of my middle relievers gets the start.
djnate27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 10:59 PM   #64
deanemj
Minors (Double A)

There is an annoying problem I've noticed with veteran players. Stats, namely games player, get cutoff when they reach four digits. I realize that this is because of limited screen real estate on the iPhone, but if something could be done about it, I'd appreciate it.
deanemj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 12:34 AM   #65
Mike Rubin
Bat Boy

Frm these posts, I suspect that I might be the only person in the forum who'd want this, but I'd really like just to pick two teams, manage one, and not worry about a league season while I do. This is the first baseball sim I've tried that won't permit that.
Mike Rubin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 03:13 AM   #66
dimjulskur
Minors (Single A)

Sebastian.... just to summarize the key items from my perspective...
1) Ability to set Salary Caps
2) Career stat full (not just top 3) leaderboards (similar to all players screen but not just single season)
3) ability to set min qualifiers for certain stats (e.g. BA.. set Min PA)
4) ability to mark and track favorite players... then one should be able to access the list of marked players
5) All transactions maintained in player bios... including when drafted, which awards won, great games, etc...
dimjulskur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 07:55 AM   #67
phillupi
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Rubin View Post
Frm these posts, I suspect that I might be the only person in the forum who'd want this, but I'd really like just to pick two teams, manage one, and not worry about a league season while I do. This is the first baseball sim I've tried that won't permit that.
I agree and maybe create a league with teams from all eras.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
phillupi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 02:23 PM   #68
GruffyMcGuiness
Minors (Rookie Ball)

We REALLY need player editing. I don't wanna have to wait for an update and hope a player got fixed when I can do it myself.
GruffyMcGuiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 02:30 PM   #69
MikeG719
Minors (Double A)

Ability to back load and front load contracts.
MikeG719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 10:16 PM   #70
deanemj
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GruffyMcGuiness View Post
We REALLY need player editing. I don't wanna have to wait for an update and hope a player got fixed when I can do it myself.
100% agree with this statement. It doesn't have to be nearly as robust as OOTP, but we need a player editing option.
deanemj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 03:11 AM   #71
metal134
Minors (Single A)

Trade proposals need toned down big time.
metal134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 04:07 AM   #72
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstrickert View Post
Isn't iOOTP designed to be fairly simple to pick up and play? Turning iOOTP into OOTP (the flagship product) with all of these additional features and options might undermine that objective. Just a thought.
You're right. iOOTP will stay focused on the basics of running a baseball team. I highly doubt we will add complex features like expansion drafts, data exports, editing/customizing etc. in the future.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 06:33 PM   #73
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Markus is right, iOOTP will not grow into OOTP on the iPhone, thats not even possible. Future updates/versions will improve the game, will make it more fun and easier to handle (e.g. making access of save game files easier) but don't expect every feature from OOTP to be added to iOOTP at some point.

I will comment on some feature ideas tomorrow (I saw a few nice ones listed) but here is the list of features for the 1.1.0 update (additionally to Team Edit, which was added with 1.0.2):

- in-app purchase of more historical seasons
- Trade Block (CPU and you are able to put player on)
- "Untouchable Status" for player (if you want no more trade proposal for certain player)
- Ini-Draft for all game modes, not only fictional leagues (so take the 2011 roster and draft your own team)
- Player Batting/Pitching/Defense Rating Pages added to In-Game (additionally to the Profile page)
- bug fixes

The 1.2.0 update will focus on reports/history added to the game. And I will start to work on the Universal App after 1.1.0 is with Apple.
Old 05-25-2011, 09:16 PM   #74
phillupi
All Star Reserve

Sounds real good. Has it been sent to Apple yet?

Also still want to see defense listed during a game. For example if corners are in I might want to swing as opposed to bunt. I don't know what the defense is set at.

And a question. If my team is on the field and I use one of the defenses for example infield in do have to set defense back when the next batter comes up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
phillupi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 02:44 AM   #75
pmd62ndst
Minors (Rookie Ball)

First of all, I haven't played ootp in nearly 5 years but when I heard that it was going to be available on the iphone, I was ecstatic to pick it up again.

Been playing around for the last two weeks and would like to make a couple of suggestions:

- During weekly simulation, small boxscores or division/wildcard standings? Trivia only for the offseason.

- For your active roster, can we have a way to see pitching AND hitting stats on the same page? Seems like you have to go to your Active Roster, select Batting Stats and then select Pitching Stats.

- Player Overview, for batters you have all the essential stats except for SB. Please include it?

- During free agency, when you sort by a category and change a view, the list re-sorts. For example, sorting by demand, and then changing the view to batting ratings will re-sort the list. Can the sort remain?

- Also, in the free agency list, why do we have to page through instead of using your finger to scroll up and down a larger list.

Quality product and I know it will only get better. Thanks for listening!
pmd62ndst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 02:35 PM   #76
chort
Minors (Single A)

The 1.1 features look great. Trade block, more player details in-game, and "untouchable" are all things I wished for!
chort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 03:35 PM   #77
MediumPoison
Bat Boy

Pinch Hitting

I play every game manually, and I've noticed my pinch-hitting stats to be ridiculously poor. My pinch-hitters may be hitting worse than the pitchers they come in for. Not sure if other people have noticed this.

Great game, keep up the good work.
MediumPoison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 03:56 PM   #78
Donevyn
Major Leagues

1.1 does look great. Here's a little thing, that I know is tracked, but not graphed. At least I've not found it. I would like to see win-loss streaks for teams. Sorta see who's hot or not etc. I get such information in the dialogue, like: '...Tigers are working on a 5 game win streak...'

Thanks
Donevyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 06:20 PM   #79
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

I will try to include a few reports/histories into the 1.2.0 update. Just have to find a place to put them.
Old 05-30-2011, 01:01 PM   #80
ScottGer76
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Any chance on future versions showing minor league stats?
ScottGer76 is offline   Reply With Quote