Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > iOOTP Baseball > iOOTP - General Discussions

iOOTP - General Discussions Talk about iOOTP Baseball, the baseball management simulation for iPhone/iPod/iPad

Old 05-13-2011, 10:19 AM   #41
magicspeedo
Minors (Triple A)

1) Another feature I would like is the ability to completely clear your depth chart & line up with just one button. It's hard to start fresh with a team because you have to manually remove everyone from the depth chart & lineup.

2) Also the ability to view all players in your organization in one screen. Right now it is separated between majors & minors. Kind of frustrating when taking over a new team because you have to demote everyone to minors if you want to properly asses your team.

3) ALSO it would be cool if you can set people from the minors on your depth chart. They would get an automatic call up if your starter gets hurt and has to miss a game or is tired.

4) Add a Utility Infielder & Utility Outfielder to the depth chart. Item #3 would work well with this.

Last edited by magicspeedo; 05-13-2011 at 10:26 AM.
magicspeedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 11:58 PM   #42
deanemj
Minors (Double A)

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned before, but the ability to add an option year to a contract year would be helpful.
deanemj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 03:48 PM   #43
statnut
Bat Boy

I really think some of the ratings need to be looked at. I started a career with the Rays, I noticed that David Price is rated 25 out of 80, to start with, and is somehow lower than Wade Davis. Price was the Cy Young runner up last year, was 3rd in WAR for pitchers and ERA. Not sure how that rating makes sense.
statnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 05:31 PM   #44
revcarte
Major Leagues

extra season purchases

I just hope that 1968, 1969, 1975, and 1976 will be among the seasons that we can purchase for the game. Cannot wait to play something else besides 1965.
revcarte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 09:36 PM   #45
MikeG719
Minors (Double A)

Will there be ratings edits like the above poster asked? Or does OOTP not do them during the year?
MikeG719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 01:48 AM   #46
rudel.dietrich
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
Development report
That is very badly needed. It is very hard to track prospects talent gains and losses right now.
rudel.dietrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 09:40 AM   #47
Total Coelo
Minors (Double A)

In the historical seasons, or the 2011 Major League, the option to turn off the DH for the AL would be nice.
Total Coelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 10:09 AM   #48
Walsh06
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudel.dietrich View Post
Development report
That is very badly needed. It is very hard to track prospects talent gains and losses right now.
Ya I like that. When you have a bunch of guys on your minor league you tend to forget what ratings they had, so you dont know if they are improving by much or not.
Walsh06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 10:17 AM   #49
magicspeedo
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudel.dietrich View Post
Development report
agree!!
Old 05-16-2011, 10:45 AM   #50
MikeG719
Minors (Double A)

Is it possible to just get a AAA stats and roster or will that not come until next year?
MikeG719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 11:38 AM   #51
dimjulskur
Minors (Single A)

Today, there is no ability to list career statistics or to filter on the basis of minimums... (not just for individual players)... right now its for single season only... so i would liek to see in any given year who is the active or (retired) leader in home runs... on BA.... i would like to have a min PA option. So, bottom line a feature that allows career stat views and compares
dimjulskur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 11:52 AM   #52
GlennN
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeG719 View Post
1. Draft Pick, Free Agent, & Trade History

2. Page To See Who I extended Free Agent Contracts too

3. Easier way to see individual pitching stats.
Great suggestions, I especially love the first one. I would add that I would love to see a Slot Drafted/How Obtained on every player's card (though I guess that may test the memory of mobile devices?).
GlennN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 12:08 PM   #53
magicspeedo
Minors (Triple A)

I think there should be a limit to the number of games that we can have. Right now when a save game gets corrupted (which will be fixed in the 1.0.1 update), we have to start a new game. If you play the game a lot eventually the app will run slow and be very unresponsive because all of the corrupted save games are hogging all the space.

This won't be as much of a problem once the fix comes out, but it will be possible. It would be better for us if we didn't have to manage our games. Maybe give us one autosave and a few hard save slots. Since space is an issue, I don't think allowing an unlimited number of games is a good idea, especially if some of the casual gamers don't ever realize they can delete their games!
Old 05-17-2011, 02:33 AM   #54
jedikaos
Bat Boy

I will second the trade block and the ability to add an option year to contracts. I will add, though, that the lack of a trade block really makes me think about who I'm trying to trade for/with, and the trade block would likely take away from this.

I would also like a simple list of previous World Series winners and season awards winners. I play Football Manager on the iPhone too and this has a pretty simple list of these things that would work for iOOTP.
jedikaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 11:00 PM   #55
statnut
Bat Boy

One thing that would be helpful, and I would imagine I'm not the only one, is a popup asking you to confirm if you wanted to sub player x with player y. It's happened a few times where I thought I was pinch hitting for the pitcher, but somehow hit for someone else, and since there's no way to cancel it, I've burned a bench player.
statnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 08:57 AM   #56
MattE
Bat Boy

Is the search function frustrating anyone else? I have a roster spot I want to fill.... lets say a centre fielder. Search, filter by position... find appropriate candidate. Approach for a trade. See that team needs a shortstop. Go to my own squad for players to add... and i'm searching by centre fielders... is there a way it can return to default setting?

Cheers

Matt
MattE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 10:28 AM   #57
magicspeedo
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattE View Post
Is the search function frustrating anyone else? I have a roster spot I want to fill.... lets say a centre fielder. Search, filter by position... find appropriate candidate. Approach for a trade. See that team needs a shortstop. Go to my own squad for players to add... and i'm searching by centre fielders... is there a way it can return to default setting?

Cheers

Matt

Yeah, the filtering functionality is kind of funky like that. There are a few other times when it resets the filter automatically when it shouldn't, but I can't remember them offhand.
Old 05-19-2011, 10:50 AM   #58
magicspeedo
Minors (Triple A)

here is something that is driving me insane:
I'll switch a player's position from LF to 1B. I have the settings set so that I can control the lineups and bullpen and stuff. Yet after I simulate a week, the players position is reset to his old position. It doesn't affect the line up unless I have the computer generate the line up. But what it does is show that my team has a weakness at 1B...which causes me to get a billion worthless trades for awful players in that position while giving up one of my stud outfielders because it shows that I have 4 stud outfielders...even though one of them is supposed to be at 1B.
Old 05-19-2011, 05:40 PM   #59
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Keep them coming guys.

The two small bug fix patches delayed my work on version 1.1.0 a bit but I did a lot of work this week and will give you an update on the planed features during the weekend.
Old 05-19-2011, 05:42 PM   #60
rudel.dietrich
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
Being able to edit or create a player from scratch would have to be my biggest 'fun' want.
As in something that is not essential but would be fun.

I would love to be able to create a player come draft time and watch him be drafted and then play through a career.
rudel.dietrich is offline   Reply With Quote