Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > iOOTP Baseball > iOOTP - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

iOOTP - General Discussions Talk about iOOTP Baseball, the baseball management simulation for iPhone/iPod/iPad

Old 05-11-2011, 05:07 PM   #1
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Suggestions for version 1.1

Just a quick update for the near future of iOOTP 2011:

As you know, the bug fix update 1.0.1 is with Apple and waits for review (since Monday).

Work on the first bigger update (version 1.1.0) already started and today I got a lot of stuff done for the in-app purchase of additional historical seasons. Additionally we will fix all know bugs.

But that is not all. We want to add a few new features. I added a lot of stuff to my Project Tool but I want to know from you:

What would you guys like to see with the first update?
Old 05-11-2011, 05:19 PM   #2
deanemj
Minors (Double A)

There are two things that, if possible without making the game sluggish, I'd like to see in future updates.

First, I would like to be able to edit players and force trades (similar to the OOTP commissioner mode).

Second, when looking at my team's roster, it would be nice to be able to "flick" through the list of players instead of having to slowly drag the list with my finger.
deanemj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 05:22 PM   #3
dimjulskur
Minors (Single A)

Palli,
One thing that is sorely missing and is available in OOTP11/12... is the ability to mark and track players no matter where they are... so a guy who started on my team, played 6/7 years.. which was traded away to somewhere else... would be great to be able to follow how well that player did (and what they did?) up until retirement... second, the history of awards (player of week, month, big games, MVP, league leader appearances, etc.), transactions involving that player (what round drafted, where traded, contract history), key news items about that player... i dont think any of this is present (memory issues?)... one of the key attractions of the game is ability to monitor development from beginning to end and monitor a players career accomplishments, statistics, etc... would be great if a tagging feature is added and player history tracker of some sort...
second major item for me, is ability to set a salary cap to even the odds... so the challenge is truly on ones GM ability... finally, and maybe related to the first one... i would like to get notification of player development, specifically ratings changes... so my young 22 year old SP.. rating increased from 20 to 35.... thanks
dimjulskur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 05:33 PM   #4
dimjulskur
Minors (Single A)

Got one more... ability to produce historical stats so one can compare players across seasons or total career... in todays game... there is no flexibility to compare players for career stats, nor single season stats accross seasons.. also when i sort by percent statistics (avg, ops) you get a bunch of guys that do not meet minimum requirements... so its basically adding more robustness to the statistical database, filtering, compare ability.. memory constraints?
Old 05-11-2011, 05:33 PM   #5
magicspeedo
Minors (Triple A)

First, fix the memory leak that causes a massive slow down if you simulate through multiple seasons in a single setting.

Second, add some sort of pitch training mechanism as well as fielding training so that we can train relief pitchers to try to become starters and train our field players in a new position.

Also some sort of off season training would be cool. Like we can have our whole team work on their base running, or their fielding, or their contact hitting or something like that.

Another thing would be give us the ability to view base running and fielding abilities (not just over all at positions) in the active player list. It gets old trying to find a guy who can play defense and run the bases because you have to click one EVERY SINGLE GUY and view both of them. It takes forever! If we had another 2 views we could easily sort the list of players by these attributes and it would be much more user friendly!

Also, some sort of attribute filtering would be nice. So you can filter "First Basemen" and then filter "Infield Range" or "Contact" or "Age" as well.

Just throwin out ideas here. I know they are all possible, just don't know the level of complexity they will take to get into an update rather than a major release.

Oh, and please please please don't give us the ability to force trades and edit players. That almost makes the game cheap and petty! I know I can just "not use it" but honestly what's the point of sharing stories and such on the forums if you can just edit your players. It takes all the skill out of the game.
magicspeedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 05:41 PM   #6
chort
Minors (Single A)

I'd like to mark players with my personal value (i.e. I'm not willing to trade him at any price, I'd trade him only for a high return, open to trading, actively trying to get rid of, etc). Related/additionally/alternatively it would be nice to be able to enter notes on a player's profile: what my projected role is for them, how soon I'll need them in the majors, what I'd like in return for a trade, what role they're supposed to play on the club, etc.

Also I really want more rating screens available on a player while a game is in progress. It kills me that I can't see the "hold" rating for a pitcher, the fielding rating at secondary positions for a fielder, and the baserunning rating for potential pinch-runners.

Is there a way to get notifications of player improvement? Maybe there is and I haven't noticed it. I'd like to either mark a player to generate notifications when they improve, or just have a general setting that would alert me when one of my players has improved (or regressed, can that happen?).
chort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 05:50 PM   #7
iBrandon
Minors (Triple A)

It might be easier to list some of the big features you want to add and have us list in order of importance.
iBrandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 06:04 PM   #8
omgimasian
Minors (Double A)

Positional training is a must
Force trades would be helpful
The ability to request more funds
Trading block

eh, little things. Love what you guys have done so far
omgimasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 06:10 PM   #9
Tcnumba10
Bat Boy

Man I love iOOTP and can't wait for the first patch (1.0.1) to come out so I don't get those corrupt files again, but for the first major patch, I would like to see:

1) Depth Charts
2) Messages by players who are unhappy about lack of playing time
3) During In-game (On-field), able to see stamina of players esp pitchers by clicking their names in that stat screen so there is less navigation
4) Notification by team scouts on who to look out for in the minors/farm team in order to be called-up
5) Notification on who's hot or cold on your team so you can make line-up changes accordingly.

I'm not sure if the any of the requests above are already in the game since I haven't been playing iOOTP alot b/c of the corrupt loading files...Nevertheless this has to be the most addicting/best Sim-Management Sports game out there!
Tcnumba10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 06:26 PM   #10
dimjulskur
Minors (Single A)

I think this was already said... but just to re-iterate.. ability to add personal comments on each player... so i can for example.. state.. that this player will replace the current starter in a few years at this position... or this player i need to trade in year 20xx... or this player i need to resign... it gives you the ability to manage the roster short and long term as you go through the careers
Old 05-11-2011, 06:34 PM   #11
chort
Minors (Single A)

Oh yeah, trading block is huge! That would be extremely helpful.

Also being able to see what defense the opposition is using. Oh, and for that matter be able to tell what defense *I* am using from one at-bat to the next.
chort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 06:42 PM   #12
magicspeedo
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chort View Post
oh yeah, trading block is huge! That would be extremely helpful.
agreed!!
magicspeedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 06:45 PM   #13
HavenHunting
Minors (Double A)

I agree with trading blocks.

And I would love to be able to add all the ballparks.
HavenHunting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 08:12 PM   #14
HavenHunting
Minors (Double A)

Also it would be nice if on the player card if it showed when a played was drafted and by what team.
HavenHunting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 08:18 PM   #15
revcarte
Major Leagues

printing....

As I have noted earlier, printing is a must. If I am to play this game it must have the ability to air print stats and boxscores. Hope that is included in the next update or I will probably stick with my Strat O Matic on my laptop.
revcarte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 08:35 PM   #16
deanemj
Minors (Double A)

Oh, yeah, I completely agree with the others who asked for player shortlists and trading blocks!

I also would like to see player histories, at least a scaled down version. However, I would only want this feature added if performance wouldn't be impacted that much. The game already lags (even on my iPhone 4) and I don't want it to get worse.
deanemj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 09:06 PM   #17
Husky51
Minors (Double A)

I have more of an "as played" mentality, so my wish list would be any of the above suggestions that gives me info to manage lineups/in game strategy. Thanks for asking.
Husky51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 09:08 PM   #18
statnut
Bat Boy

How about expansion drafts for leagues with fewer than 32 teams? Or have the expansion draft for the historical seasons that had them.
statnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 09:16 PM   #19
statnut
Bat Boy

Also, some way of knowing when your Minor Leaguers might be ready for a shot. Even if it's just a message from the player saying he feels like he's ready to contribute to the big team.
statnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 09:19 PM   #20
Curiouser and Curiouser
Bat Boy

First off, I want to say that these 2 things are not in the full version of OOTP but since they are so obvious, and in one case the standard way to do things in Windows I have no idea why.

However, perhaps you can make these things work as they should on the Iphone/Ipad version and if the full OOTP wants to make these minor improvements that would enhance the game, please, be my guest.

1. When going thru a list of players (example: Active players), I hate to have to literally push a button to go to the next page of players. You should be able to scroll thru the complete list. I don't think I've ever seen any Windows based program do this. It seems like it's an old DOS way to go through a list. Fixing this would make the game easier to navigate, especially since on the i platform the number of players on a page is quite small. Since it is a standard way to present things in Windows (or on the MAC) I can't see how this can be a huge issue.

2. When you filter the positions you want to see, it would be nice to be able to select more than 1 position. For example, I want to see all the SS and 2b's at the same time. Now I can't. I have to filter for one, and then filter for the other. It's a pain and not very user friendly. This is also something that should be in the full OOTP (because I've never found it). Also if you wanted enhance the search function to add other parameters to search for such as an age range, salary range, rating level,that would be wonderful and be similar to other games of this genre that offers things like this.

It seems like these 2 things are DOS leftovers and I feel it's time to lose them and have them join the rest of the game as it functions in a true Windows/MAC environment and now the IOS environment.
Curiouser and Curiouser is offline   Reply With Quote