Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > iOOTP Baseball > iOOTP - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

iOOTP - General Discussions Talk about iOOTP Baseball, the baseball management simulation for iPhone/iPod/iPad

Old 02-24-2011, 10:08 PM   #41
daves
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudel.dietrich View Post
If you wanted to play the iOOTP or any of applications on the app store and do not want to have to sign a phone contract or pay for monthly phone service you could always get an iPod Touch.
It is almost identical to the iPhone having the same hardware and high resolution screen. You can access the App store from wi-fi and have access to everything that the phone can access.

Hmm!

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 09:15 PM   #42
bd3
Minors (Single A)

I was really hoping that iOOTP would allow us to us an iphone/touch/ipad to interface with on-line leagues. I am traveling extensively and cant load OOTP on my laptop. I can still access league sites via the internet, but have no way to download/upload team data. A lite version on my IPAD just for manage my team would be great...no need to have the game engine for this. Had to drop both of my leagues.
Old 02-28-2011, 06:13 AM   #43
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

iOOTP will be a game on its own and not OOTP 12 "just with a smaller screen-size".

One reason is the hardware we are dealing with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd3 View Post
I was really hoping that iOOTP would allow us to us an iphone/touch/ipad to interface with on-line leagues. I am traveling extensively and cant load OOTP on my laptop. I can still access league sites via the internet, but have no way to download/upload team data. A lite version on my IPAD just for manage my team would be great...no need to have the game engine for this. Had to drop both of my leagues.
Sebastian Palkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 09:55 AM   #44
HavenHunting
Minors (Double A)

2 questions.

Will there be 2 separate games, 1 iPhone/Itouch, and one for the IPad? Or just one game that will play on both?

Also this was posted in ootp 12 board,Cabernet contracts for the gm/human?it would be great if the only time you can change teams is when you are fired or your contract is up. Also it would be great to see teams bidding for you.
HavenHunting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 05:22 PM   #45
ajgodson
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
I wanted to play OOTP on my phone so bad that I just downloaded the LogMeIn app so I could play on my phone. Presumably it would work on the iPad, too. It's not perfect, and the app was $30, but for someone always on the go, it's a stopgap solution.
ajgodson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 07:51 PM   #46
rudel.dietrich
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
This is probably a dumb question since I think Apple requires it now. But will this game support the Retina display?
rudel.dietrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 07:37 PM   #47
Up here in Canada
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
This is why this game needs to go online, like, for real.
Up here in Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 10:25 PM   #48
hobbitrjw
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajgodson View Post
I wanted to play OOTP on my phone so bad that I just downloaded the LogMeIn app so I could play on my phone. Presumably it would work on the iPad, too. It's not perfect, and the app was $30, but for someone always on the go, it's a stopgap solution.
Desktop Connect is cheaper and all you need to go with it is the Easy connect software on your computer (free) and a gmail account.
hobbitrjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 07:43 PM   #49
mzh
Bat Boy

Long time user of OOTP, just registered!

Anyway, iOOTP sounds pretty cool. I have a first gen iPod touch, which doesn't run higher than iOS 3, I believe. Will iOOTP be iOS 4+ only, or will I be able to use it?
mzh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 11:00 PM   #50
bd3
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by palli View Post
iOOTP will be a game on its own and not OOTP 12 "just with a smaller screen-size".

One reason is the hardware we are dealing with.

Thanks, I understand...not looking for OOTP12 with a smaller screen. Just want to be able to download/upload league files/export so that I can keep playing in my on-line leagues. I cant imagine that the hardware would be a limiting factor...dont need the game engines to sim or anything. Just a condensed databased and download/export interface. No clue if this is doable...just doesnt seem hard.
I would gladly buy the full version too.
Old 03-15-2011, 08:44 PM   #51
iBrandon
Minors (Triple A)

Any updates on this version?
iBrandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 11:35 PM   #52
drksd4848
All Star Starter

The way an OOTP phone app would make sense would be the ability to "sync" iOOTP with OOTP12:

You start a game on the desktop, sync it with the iphone app, continue the game during your commute to work or whatever, then sync again when you get home on the desktop and pick up where you left off...

When I first heard it was being developed, I thought that's what it would be...

I mean, why have two totally separate games running independent of each other on different devices?

Anyway, I really hope it's part of the app version, or else it's kinda missin' the boat...

Last edited by drksd4848; 03-21-2011 at 11:36 PM.
drksd4848 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 04:03 PM   #53
hit_or_miss54680
Minors (Double A)

Can we get 1 or 2 screenshots of features that will likely not see any changes? I'd love to have a better idea of what to picture when I imagine what the game is like. The screenshots linked earlier are from a long time ago. Surely you can release 1 or 2 screens right?

I want this on my iPad in the WORST way. I hope you make it one of Apple's combo apps so it doesnt have to just get blown up on the iPad X2. :\ Beggers can't be choosers though I suppose.