Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Title Bout Championship Boxing > TBCB Fighter Database

Old 11-17-2009, 06:13 AM   #1
Andreas Raht
Administrator

Fighter Database

The official fighter database can be found here:

Fighterlist

Many thanks the fighter database editors team - your work is much appreciated!
Andreas Raht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 05:35 AM   #2
leewykes
Bat Boy

Smile Database

Hi,

Just purchased the game. A big selling point for me was the database. Just how up to date is it and will I be sent notification of updates?

Thanks,

Lee Wykes
leewykes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 01:01 PM   #3
bear
Global Moderator

Hi, Lee welcome to the forums.
The database team is updated quite often, if not daily.

You can follow the updates at the Changelist
Changelist

You can update any individual game or universe that you have created at any time you want. I update and save at least once a week if not more frequently.

Updating is a two step process. When you start the game it opens with a screen that has 7 options. "Continue game (whatever you named your game)", "load saved game", "create boxing universe" ,"options", "update data pool", "delete saved game", "import from TB2"
Click on "update data pool" for step one.

A screen will pop up telling you that you have have imported a specific number of files Click ok and you are ready for step two.

"continue game" or "load saved game" ill allow you to select which universe or game that you have created that you wish to update. Make your selection and wait for the game to load.

Once the game you want to update has loaded you'll see a menu screen with 18 options. The option in the lower right corner is the one you want to select at this point "Update from pool". After clicking on this a menu will appear that will allow you update all or to "cherry pick" your updates by weight classes of by the sex of the boxers. Click on your choice and wait for the updates to load. Over 8,000 fighter files, 8,000 rating files, and biography files are checked. This will take everal minutes. When the process is complete a pop up will appear telling you how many of each of these files types have been updated. Click ok to remove the pop up and then click the save button so that you preserve the updates you just added.

That's how the database updates work. One of the forum members Ice Tea is doing the lion's share of the official updates. Some forum members: John Dewey, professor dp, djday45, and me, have posted our own fighter files in the MODS section of the forums. If you find a thread that we've started in the MODS, you will likely find fighter files in it. Although not officially part of the data base, these files can be uploaded and added to your game if you choose to do so. If you explore the mods section you'll also find fighter files created by forum members for earlier versions of the game.

Have fun, and welcome to the forums and to the game. If you post to the main Title Bout forum more people are likely to say hello. This particular subforum doesn't get visited all too often.

Cheerio, mate.

bear

UTBA Season Four Gold Conference Central Division Champion

First UTBA expansion franchise to win a conference divisional title
bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 01:15 PM   #4
RagingBullwinkle55
Minors (Single A)

I've had Title Bout now for awhile but was not updating the database. I recently began updating and noticed when I did this all the cornermen in whom I assigned and saved to particular fighters were lost when I updated everything. I had to go back and manually choose those cornermen for each fighter again. Is there a way to avoid this when updating the database?
RagingBullwinkle55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 02:00 AM   #5
IceTea
Hall Of Famer

Don't update your universe. Keep a separate universe for updates. You can always import new fighters.
IceTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 12:53 PM   #6
professordp
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceTea View Post
Don't update your universe. Keep a separate universe for updates. You can always import new fighters.
Solid advice!!!!
professordp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 09:29 AM   #7
The Batkilt
Bat Boy

Hi there. I'm planning to purchase the game next week when I'm paid. I was wondering though how easy the database is to modify? The reason I ask is because I think at first I'd like to play a 'real world' game with fighters active today, rather than from all eras. Is this easy to do? Thanks in advance for any advice.
The Batkilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 09:51 AM   #8
Jackyle
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batkilt View Post
Hi there. I'm planning to purchase the game next week when I'm paid. I was wondering though how easy the database is to modify? The reason I ask is because I think at first I'd like to play a 'real world' game with fighters active today, rather than from all eras. Is this easy to do? Thanks in advance for any advice.
It is very easy. I have had the game about a month and have only active fighters in my uni. It is a constant work in progress and I have added a ton of fighters, and modified many as well.
Jackyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 10:47 AM   #9
The Batkilt
Bat Boy

Thanks. I'm looking forward to getting this game a lot!
Old 05-05-2011, 02:24 PM   #10
Jackyle
Hall Of Famer

It's really great, dowload the demo and then once you get paid you can unlock the whole game (It's a trial at first). Stay in touch too I have loads of newer fighters I have been working on... we can exchange files. Also use the mods sections for fighter files, and photos too, there are LOADS in there. It will keep you busy for a VERY long time.
Old 05-05-2011, 02:33 PM   #11
Jackyle
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceTea View Post
N00b question, how do you import from one uni to another?
Old 05-05-2011, 03:48 PM   #12
Scoman
All Star Starter

You have to export the selected fighters into a file,then import those fighters into your other uni from that file.
Scoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 04:25 PM   #13
The Batkilt
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackyle View Post
It's really great, dowload the demo and then once you get paid you can unlock the whole game (It's a trial at first). Stay in touch too I have loads of newer fighters I have been working on... we can exchange files. Also use the mods sections for fighter files, and photos too, there are LOADS in there. It will keep you busy for a VERY long time.
Thanks. I'm going to download the demo tonight or tomorrow to try to get a feel for the game.
Old 05-05-2011, 05:32 PM   #14
Jackyle
Hall Of Famer

Awesome, have fun. The good news is since it is a trial rather then a demo if you edit things and make changes it will all be there when you buy the game and unlock it.
Old 05-06-2011, 06:53 AM   #15
bear
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batkilt View Post
Welcome.

It is pretty easy to update universes in the game. There is a two step process to update the official database. I follow the advise that Ice Tea gave earlier in this thread and use a large database for this purpose. I have a number of gaming universes and move selected updates into them via the exchange file. There are also the mods where members share files for download. I constantly am updating and adding these mods. I'll do general data base updates every couple of days. I keep a tab in my browser open to the database update page so I can keep an eye on things and update accordingly.

bear

Old 05-06-2011, 03:49 PM   #16
Jackyle
Hall Of Famer

Thanks Bear, I am all updated now... I did it manually so it would not wipe out my trainers etc... Worked perfectly.

Is there a way to submit changes? Like record changes that are wrong or need to be updated?
Old 05-06-2011, 07:15 PM   #17
bear
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackyle View Post
Thanks Bear, I am all updated now... I did it manually so it would not wipe out my trainers etc... Worked perfectly.

Is there a way to submit changes? Like record changes that are wrong or need to be updated?
I'd post suggestions in the database update thread I mentioned in my PM to you. I've also sent PMs to Ice Tea about errors I've noticed. Only database editors can make "official" changes to the database and I'm not one of them.

Old 05-08-2011, 10:55 AM   #18
The Batkilt
Bat Boy

Sorry to be a pain and post in the wrong thread, but I'm having difficulty opening up the manual. Can someone tell me what the minimum and maximum career start game menus mean when creating a universe?
Old 08-03-2011, 06:22 AM   #19
Mexicutioner
Minors (Rookie Ball)

For some reason there are a bunch of fighters missing that won't reupload to my game.

Noticeably I can see Michael Carbajal and Ricardo Lopez don't get added to it.
Mexicutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 08:34 AM   #20
bear
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexicutioner View Post
For some reason there are a bunch of fighters missing that won't reupload to my game.

Noticeably I can see Michael Carbajal and Ricardo Lopez don't get added to it.
Did you follow the two step process outlined above in post 15?