Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods

OOTP Mods Logos, roster packs, historical databases, OOTP tools, FaceGen files... it's all here!

Old 10-25-2009, 01:58 PM   #61
Tony M
Global Moderator

I've uploaded a version that will work with 10.4.31 - it should auto update if you have the program, or it's available from the link.

One note, I'm looking at a new way of interfacing my programs so unfortunately there's a blank ribbon at the top of the screen. You should be able to click the little drop down arrow next to the X logo and hide ribbon.
Old 10-25-2009, 02:39 PM   #62
MooK881
Minors (Double A)

hi tony,

thanks for updating it so quickly...however, it will not load either of my leagues. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling to but the program freezes up after it tries to load all the files and then windows says "OOTPUtilites has stopped working" and the program is locked up and shuts down. I don't know if anyone else is having this problem too.
thanks
MooK881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 04:28 PM   #63
Tony M
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooK881 View Post
hi tony,

thanks for updating it so quickly...however, it will not load either of my leagues. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling to but the program freezes up after it tries to load all the files and then windows says "OOTPUtilites has stopped working" and the program is locked up and shuts down. I don't know if anyone else is having this problem too.
thanks
Should be fixed now.
Old 10-25-2009, 06:22 PM   #64
MooK881
Minors (Double A)

thanks so much Tony! Version 1.0.6 works great!
Old 10-26-2009, 03:17 PM   #65
Tony M
Global Moderator

Do any online leagues use this utility?

I'm intrigued to know how it fits in with an online structure.
Old 10-27-2009, 04:54 PM   #66
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Has anybody tryed to to do Yankees and Phils World Series in here?
Old 02-27-2010, 12:20 PM   #67
damientheomen3
Hall Of Famer

how do you edit qualified teams? I'm trying to add 2 teams to those qualified but I don't see where to do it...
damientheomen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 08:00 PM   #68
Tony M
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by damientheomen3 View Post
how do you edit qualified teams? I'm trying to add 2 teams to those qualified but I don't see where to do it...
You don't add to the qualified teams - that list is built from those who have been given playoff matches.

To add them you'll need to either add/copy or edit a series on the right hand side.
Old 04-20-2010, 01:17 AM   #69
MooK881
Minors (Double A)

Hey tony,

you think you are gunna make a playoff editor for ootp 11? that would be sweet cuz they didn't upgrade the playoffs at all.

thanks.
Old 04-20-2010, 06:23 AM   #70
Tony M
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooK881 View Post
Hey tony,

you think you are gunna make a playoff editor for ootp 11? that would be sweet cuz they didn't upgrade the playoffs at all.

thanks.
I need to decode the changes to the dat files for 11 before I can do that, and I haven't had the time to do that yet. And then it might take a few weeks after that.
Old 05-14-2010, 02:39 PM   #71
Jaxxvain
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony M View Post
Do any online leagues use this utility?

I'm intrigued to know how it fits in with an online structure.
I just used it in PRML.

We haven't simmed any games yet, but I used it to get our playoff seeds set up correctly per our unique league rules.

link in my sig for our league website.
Jaxxvain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 12:59 AM   #72
darkcloud4579
Hall Of Famer

So I'm guessing trying this in OOTP 11 wouldn't work, huh?
darkcloud4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 12:16 PM   #73
Tony M
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkcloud4579 View Post
So I'm guessing trying this in OOTP 11 wouldn't work, huh?
Nope, 'fraid not. I've asked for info on what has changed in the dat files but had no response and although it was 'fun' once to spend time delving in and sorting out what was in the database files I dumped out the teams.dat file in XI to see what was different and I just had no inspiration or inclination in me to sit down and work it out.

I think the best hope would be that customised playoffs will make it into OOTP XII (or some lovely angel somewhere showers me with money to do it, as the work that brings in money is well up the priority list at the moment)
Old 06-06-2010, 12:32 AM   #74
dim13
Major Leagues

Quote:
Nope, 'fraid not. I've asked for info on what has changed in the dat files but had no response and although it was 'fun' once to spend time delving in and sorting out what was in the database files I dumped out the teams.dat file in XI to see what was different and I just had no inspiration or inclination in me to sit down and work it out.

I think the best hope would be that customised playoffs will make it into OOTP XII (or some lovely angel somewhere showers me with money to do it, as the work that brings in money is well up the priority list at the moment)
Heavy sigh... was waiting patiently in silence, checking this thread every couple of days, hoping for a new version to use with OOTP 11. I really enjoyed the Playoff Editor with last year's OOTP. I really wish I had the money to shower you with, but times are tough for me right now. Thank you for the previous version. I really enjoyed having customized plyoffs
dim13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 01:54 PM   #75
Tony M
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dim13 View Post
Heavy sigh... was waiting patiently in silence, checking this thread every couple of days, hoping for a new version to use with OOTP 11. I really enjoyed the Playoff Editor with last year's OOTP. I really wish I had the money to shower you with, but times are tough for me right now. Thank you for the previous version. I really enjoyed having customized plyoffs
Thanks for that. I asked Markus again if he could provide database changes so it would take the major legwork out of doing it but he said it would involve sending me chunks of source code as well , so nothing I've written will work on XI, and for those who have asked about the csv importer I wrote for v9, that will also have fallen to the wayside (and that requires even more work than the playoff editor).

As I've said before, hopefully both fully customizable playoffs and csv importing will make it into OOTP 12...
Old 06-07-2010, 06:47 PM   #76
dim13
Major Leagues

Tony,

Would you consider making your source code available so others (including myself) might be able to continue work with your playoff editor ?

I'm an experience VB.NET programmer with some knowledge of Visual C++. I've experience reading/writing text files and using StreamReaders/StreamWriters. I've never used compressed or binary files - which I'm guessing the .dat files are. I'd be willing to teach myself and your source code would be very helpful getting me started.

Just a thought. Thanks.
dim13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 12:46 AM   #77
lighthousekeeper
All Star Reserve

Quote:

amen to this
Old 06-23-2010, 02:44 AM   #78
lighthousekeeper
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Thanks for that. I asked Markus again if he could provide database changes so it would take the major legwork out of doing it but he said it would involve sending me chunks of source code as well , so nothing I've written will work on XI, and for those who have asked about the csv importer I wrote for v9, that will also have fallen to the wayside (and that requires even more work than the playoff editor).

As I've said before, hopefully both fully customizable playoffs and csv importing will make it into OOTP 12...
Tony if you're interested i've figured out the dat changes from v10 to v11 (for players.dat and teams.dat at least).
Old 06-29-2010, 06:47 PM   #79
Tony M
Global Moderator

An alpha version of this now exists for XI... Download it from here - this may or may not work with all types of league setups (I've tried it on various fictional, historical and 2010 sets and it seems to be ok)

If you do have problems getting the Playoffs button to enable then let me know via PM and I'll give you an email address to send league files to so I can see how they're set up.
Old 06-29-2010, 06:50 PM   #80
Tony M
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighthousekeeper View Post
Tony if you're interested i've figured out the dat changes from v10 to v11 (for players.dat and teams.dat at least).
Wretched single game records - took me a while to work out what was going on with them (and once I'd sorted them the world file fell straight into place with a few other small changes)