Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods

OOTP Mods Logos, roster packs, historical databases, OOTP tools, FaceGen files... it's all here!

Old 10-25-2008, 08:26 AM   #61
kq76
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhomess View Post
Here are links to the relevant files:
OOTPOU9
OOTPOU9 Readme
OOTPOU9 Patch (fhomess)
Your first and last links there link to the same file. I downloaded your patch from page 2. Have there been any updates to that zip or is it still up-to-date?

Thanks for hosting those BTW!
kq76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 02:32 AM   #62
fhomess
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kq76 View Post
Your first and last links there link to the same file. I downloaded your patch from page 2. Have there been any updates to that zip or is it still up-to-date?

Thanks for hosting those BTW!
Fixed! (I think...)
No updates to the patch since that first post.
Your welcome!
Old 11-10-2008, 01:21 PM   #63
Stu
All Star Starter

Are there any plans to add a utility for awards voting?
Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 03:53 PM   #64
Stu
All Star Starter

Help! We're currently running our draft and the utility thinks my team (commish) is always on the clock. Auto pick by list and manual pick for other teams isn't working.

I upgraded to the latest version and fhomess patch. Any ideas?
Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 12:26 PM   #65
Getch
All Star Reserve

I started writing an awards voting utility, but never finished. I guess simply I just lost interest. Maybe someday...

And Stu fixed the draft issue. It was caused by editing the picks.txt using wordpad. That can happen since wordpad puts in additional hidden newline characters that Linux and Regex does not handle very well. You can run dos2unix on the picks.txt to remove these extra characters.
Getch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 12:38 PM   #66
mikev
Hall Of Famer

It's too bad that you lost interest. These are pretty fantastic utilities.

It would be nice if the All Star Voting let you pick different stat requirements for inclusion, though.
Old 11-17-2008, 03:06 PM   #67
Corsairs
Hall Of Famer

Getch, would you say you're not planning any further development of the utilities for the foreseeable future? With the news that they might be the security hole through which some OOTP websites were recently attacked, I'm trying to determine the future of the utilities on our own website. If I knew no further developments were planned, it might make the decision easier.
Corsairs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 10:19 PM   #68
Getch
All Star Reserve

If there was lots of interest, I would revisit them.

As for the security issue, I am still skeptical it is my utilities, and if it is somehow OOTPOU, whatever it is will be easy to fix up.
Old 11-18-2008, 02:50 AM   #69
Corsairs
Hall Of Famer

Mark me down in the "lots of interest" column. I already love what the utilities add. At the moment I'm keeping them off our server while the source of the security breach is being investigated. It certainly may not be an issue with OOTPOU, but I'm sure everyone would feel just a little safer if a new build added some extra security protection for good measure.
Old 11-29-2008, 02:00 PM   #70
Corsairs
Hall Of Famer

Hey Getch, I know you mentioned in the hacker thread over at the commissioner forum that you were working on a security patch for the OOTPOU. Any ETA on that at this time?
Old 12-04-2008, 01:21 AM   #71
satchel
Hall Of Famer

Frank, I couldn't ever thank you enough for the help you've given my online league, modding these Utilities to work better with talent-only leagues.

I have another request; in the program's current state, when used with talent-only leagues, position ratings changes are hidden in the Development Report. Could you make it so that those are visible in the Dev Reports, in talent-only leagues?
satchel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 02:14 AM   #72
fhomess
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by satchel View Post
Frank, I couldn't ever thank you enough for the help you've given my online league, modding these Utilities to work better with talent-only leagues.

I have another request; in the program's current state, when used with talent-only leagues, position ratings changes are hidden in the Development Report. Could you make it so that those are visible in the Dev Reports, in talent-only leagues?
I haven't tested this, but it looks pretty straightforward in the code, so let me know if it doesn't work. Also, as with all changes to the dev stuff, no fielding changes will be reflected from prior to this change.

1. Download the following file (right click on the link and choose "Save link as"):
http://www.rhinopeel.com/media/OOTP ...PosTalOnly.zip
2. Save off your old copy of DevAdmin.pm
3. Extract the new one and replace the saved off version with the one you downloaded.
4. Remove the part of the name that says "-FieldPosTalOnly", so it's called DevAdmin.pm
5. You should be good to go moving forward.

Also, if you want pitcher endurance to appear in the dev reports, you can modify this new file as follows:
Search the file for and change this line:
Code:
$players{$id}->{ENDURANCE} = OOTPOU::Utils::convertTalent($5, $self->{INFO}->{RATINGS});
To this:
Code:
$players{$id}->{ENDURANCE} = OOTPOU::Utils::convertTalent($5, $self->{INFO}->{TALENT});

Last edited by fhomess; 12-04-2008 at 02:17 AM.
fhomess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 04:35 AM   #73
satchel
Hall Of Famer

I can't thank you enough! I have utmost appreciation for all you've done. You're making a lot of owners happy, and significantly increasing the value of my league! (Plus all those others which are talent-only, now, and to come.)
satchel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 11:44 AM   #74
Getch
All Star Reserve

I updated OOTPOU with some of fhomness's changes/fixes (including the talent-only league development issue), and also I made the security fix that was previously mentioned. While it appears that the hackers were not using my utilities to hack the sites, I did find a security hole and patched it up in this latest version.

I may start diddling around with the utilities once more. So far, I've heard requests for:
  • Awards voting utility
  • Customization on which fields to display for Allstar voting
Any other requests out there? I won't promise I'll do them, but I will consider them. Get the patch from my sig (it works now).
Old 12-12-2008, 02:30 PM   #75
Corsairs
Hall Of Famer

Are you sure you uploaded the new version? I just downloaded OOTPOU9 from your sig link and the files are all old. It's also reverted to the SION art rather than the updated BNN art from fhomess's patch. The pythagenpat option from that patch is now gone from Last Sim as well.
Old 12-12-2008, 06:01 PM   #76
Getch
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsairs View Post
Are you sure you uploaded the new version? I just downloaded OOTPOU9 from your sig link and the files are all old. It's also reverted to the SION art rather than the updated BNN art from fhomess's patch. The pythagenpat option from that patch is now gone from Last Sim as well.
Oops, try again.
Old 12-12-2008, 08:31 PM   #77
kq76
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getch View Post
Any other requests out there? I won't promise I'll do them, but I will consider them. Get the patch from my sig (it works now).
I'd very much like to see the member passwords get hashed or encrypted. As it is, if a malicious person gets the ftp info some other way and reads that file then tries using those passwords for people's online accounts, knowing that not everyone is good at using different passwords for at least any important stuff, people could lose more than they realized they could.

EDIT: I forgot to say thank you very much for patching whatever security issue you found. It makes me feel much more secure about our league using your utilities. I love them for what they do, but it worried me.
kq76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 11:52 PM   #78
Corsairs
Hall Of Famer

Thanks Getch, your update did the trick! We really appreciate you working on these utilities. I can't tell you how valuable they are to our league. It's great to be able to get them back up.

Other than the things you mentioned, the only suggestion I could make would be to incorporate fhomess's updates to the Export Tracker as an option. He had it set up where you could specify the name of your league file and get the export dates in colored text indicating whether they were up to date or not. I think some people preferred the old setup, but the modified one would be nice to have as an option.

Okay, while I'm wishing I'll throw one more in: the ability to see how mnior league teams in your organization fared through Last Sim. Dear Lord, that would be amazing (though probably very difficult to pull off).
Old 12-14-2008, 02:37 AM   #79
fhomess
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsairs View Post
Okay, while I'm wishing I'll throw one more in: the ability to see how mnior league teams in your organization fared through Last Sim. Dear Lord, that would be amazing (though probably very difficult to pull off).
This might be something pretty easy to do with OOTPOU SQL - something I'm toying with at the moment. It might require someone with a little more in depth knowledge of their website to configure, but I've been thinking it could be really flexible.
Old 12-14-2008, 10:02 AM   #80
Corsairs
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhomess View Post
This might be something pretty easy to do with OOTPOU SQL - something I'm toying with at the moment. It might require someone with a little more in depth knowledge of their website to configure, but I've been thinking it could be really flexible.
That's very encouraging to hear. It'd be a really nice expansion to an already wonderful module.

In my dream setup the "Results" and "Stats" portions of Last Sim would default to showing you the information for all the teams in your organization right there on one page. Browsing to other parent teams' pages would similarly allow you to see their affiliates' info at a glance. The "Performances" and "Playoff Odds" sections would feature pull-down menus to allow you to view the data for other leagues. I think sometimes it's tough for owners to keep up with the action going on outside the primary league; this setup would make it a breeze.

Last Sim already covers a great deal of the most important info. Two things come to mind in terms of possibly useful new additions. One would be a "Pending Free Agent Tracker" page that would display the last sim stats for every pending free agent in a league (broken down by position). The other one may not be possible with the data in the .csv files, but a page that displayed all the global news articles that appeared in-game during the last sim would be very neat. Of course it'd be nice to have a pull-down menu on these pages to browse the different leagues.

Okay, that's quite enough from me.