Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Mods Logos, roster packs, historical databases, OOTP tools, FaceGen files... it's all here!

Old 06-19-2008, 01:22 AM   #21
PadresFan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkbdoe View Post
Thanks a ton PadresFan...

Question: I am attempting to place the parks.dat file in the "saved games" folder, however when I try to reopen the league, it gives me an "unable to open ballpark database" and something along the lines of the file being corrupt. Am I doing something wrong here?

Thanks again

MQ
So you are putting this in the saved games/yourleaguename.lg folder, correct? Are you using Vista?

Last edited by PadresFan; 06-19-2008 at 01:25 AM.
PadresFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 01:36 AM   #22
mkbdoe
Minors (Triple A)

Location: Place where the water tastes like wine....Tucson,AZ
Yes, I am saving it in the league save folder, and I am using Leopard...

Thanks

MQ

mkbdoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 01:46 AM   #23
PadresFan
All Star Starter

Ok, cool, Mac user like me... Which set are you using. The photos or the 3D images from justafan?
Old 06-19-2008, 01:50 AM   #24
PadresFan
All Star Starter

LOL... I bet I know what it is!! Are you putting the "Parks.dat" folder in the Saved Game Directory? If so, that's the problem. You want to put the parks.dat file located inside of that folder in the saved games folder... I better change the way I distribute that file or this is going to happen a lot!!!
Old 06-19-2008, 01:52 AM   #25
Caporegime
All Star Starter

PadresFan, et al: I can’t thank you enough for this mod. Spending the first few hours of any new game installing logos, player pics, configuring ballparks, etc., etc., ad nauseam, was always least favorite aspect of the game. Your mod has taken all the drudgery away from starting a new game. Thanks!
Old 06-19-2008, 02:05 AM   #26
PadresFan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caporegime View Post
PadresFan, et al: I can’t thank you enough for this mod. Spending the first few hours of any new game installing logos, player pics, configuring ballparks, etc., etc., ad nauseam, was always least favorite aspect of the game. Your mod has taken all the drudgery away from starting a new game. Thanks!
You're welcome!!
Old 06-19-2008, 02:13 AM   #27
mkbdoe
Minors (Triple A)

Location: Place where the water tastes like wine....Tucson,AZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by PadresFan View Post
LOL... I bet I know what it is!! Are you putting the "Parks.dat" folder in the Saved Game Directory? If so, that's the problem. You want to put the parks.dat file located inside of that folder in the saved games folder... I better change the way I distribute that file or this is going to happen a lot!!!
I am using the photos and I am pretty sure copying the file and replacing it with the other file. I really don't think I am pasting a folder in there.

P.S. I see you are in Carlsbad...I am one of the "Zonies" that invades your turf every summer, and will be making my voyage in about a month...Thanks again for helping me

MQ

mkbdoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 02:46 AM   #28
Qrusher14242
All Star Starter

i cant get the logos to work right. It has Houston_Astros_colorcode. So then ootp just creates a new logo with Houston_Astros. So i have to go through and change the logo name and delete the color code at the end. Takes a while, but its ok
Old 06-19-2008, 11:52 AM   #29
PadresFan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkbdoe View Post
I am using the photos and I am pretty sure copying the file and replacing it with the other file. I really don't think I am pasting a folder in there.

P.S. I see you are in Carlsbad...I am one of the "Zonies" that invades your turf every summer, and will be making my voyage in about a month...Thanks again for helping me

MQ
Well, I'll help you anyway, even if you are a Zonie!.

I'm really not sure what could be happening. It's as simple as putting the park images in the ballparks folder, putting the parks.dat file in your league folder and you're done. Load up the game, load the league, and you should be good to go. I've tested the mods on both the Mac and PC versions with new leagues and it's working fine... I'm kinda outta ideas at this point.
Old 06-19-2008, 11:54 AM   #30
PadresFan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qrusher14242 View Post
i cant get the logos to work right. It has Houston_Astros_colorcode. So then ootp just creates a new logo with Houston_Astros. So i have to go through and change the logo name and delete the color code at the end. Takes a while, but its ok
Hmm... that's not the way it should be working. Did you use the Add-Ons Central screen from within OOTP?
Old 06-19-2008, 01:13 PM   #31
ChapmanOSU1
Minors (Single A)

NVM problem solved.

Last edited by ChapmanOSU1; 06-19-2008 at 01:15 PM.
ChapmanOSU1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 01:37 PM   #32
southside_hitmen
Minors (Triple A)

Just tried loading your add-on link into the game and nothing happens. I am clicking save after copy and pasting the link in. The server does not show up. Also have tried reloading the list, and nothing happens. Also, I have tried exiting the screen and going back to it, still nothing. ALso in the process I accidentally deleted the OOTP developments link, so needless to say, I need some help.
southside_hitmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 01:51 PM   #33
UtahCubs
Bat Boy

southside, you probably did what I originally did and copied the . that is at the end of the url, try it again and make sure you don't grab the . and it should work.
UtahCubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 01:59 PM   #34
southside_hitmen
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahCubs View Post
southside, you probably did what I originally did and copied the . that is at the end of the url, try it again and make sure you don't grab the . and it should work.
Still nothing, I even tried copy and pasting into my IE browser and it took me to his XML page
southside_hitmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 03:30 PM   #35
whitesocks
Minors (Single A)

I appreciate your mods but

I can't see the pictures of the ballparks...It only shows the default one....
whitesocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 03:54 PM   #36
Ruthian23
All Star Reserve

Which are the correct ballpark files to download? I don't see anything that was added on 6/18/08 under ballparks on the site. Thanks for all of your work on this, PadresFan and the others.
Ruthian23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 08:58 PM   #37
PadresFan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by southside_hitmen View Post
Just tried loading your add-on link into the game and nothing happens. I am clicking save after copy and pasting the link in. The server does not show up. Also have tried reloading the list, and nothing happens. Also, I have tried exiting the screen and going back to it, still nothing. ALso in the process I accidentally deleted the OOTP developments link, so needless to say, I need some help.
I would suggest a re-install, and then try following the instructions at the beginning of this thread one more time. They should work.... Sorry I can't be of more help right now...
Old 06-19-2008, 09:00 PM   #38
PadresFan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by southside_hitmen View Post
Still nothing, I even tried copy and pasting into my IE browser and it took me to his XML page
The files can also be downloaded directly from my website by the way:

Main

Just download the logos/photos/uniform artwork individually and follow the instructions for where to load the files that are on the page.
Old 06-19-2008, 09:01 PM   #39
PadresFan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesocks View Post
I can't see the pictures of the ballparks...It only shows the default one....
If you want ballparks, it's a separate download from my website here: Main

Just make sure to follow the directions for where to put the files that are on that same page.
Old 06-19-2008, 09:02 PM   #40
PadresFan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthian23 View Post
Which are the correct ballpark files to download? I don't see anything that was added on 6/18/08 under ballparks on the site. Thanks for all of your work on this, PadresFan and the others.
The two different sets are on the Main page, here: Main