Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 3 > FHM 3 - Technical Support

FHM 3 - Technical Support Need help or want to report a bug? This is the right place.

Old 10-19-2016, 12:37 PM   #1
Mecza
Minors (Triple A)

Possible Bug Reports and Feedback

This is feedback from my first five hours with the game. May overlap with known issues as I just jotted down a bunch of notes since I began. Started a Path to Glory with the Chicago Blackhawks and got through a month of the game. Loving the progress so far and I'm certainly looking forward to more updates and playing the game! Forgive the grammar and spelling issues - typing this at work in a hurry. Will upload save if you need it when I get home.

Major
- Game locks up and I ultimately have to close the game from the Windows taskbar when I try to use free agent filters from the league free agent screen. Filters work fine from the team free agent screen. Has happened every time to me so far. For example, all I have to do is check for signable free agents only from the league -> front office screen, click ok, and then the game just processes as if it is stuck in an infinite loop.

Minor
- Installation prompted shortcut installation to */Out of the Park Developments/Franchise Hockey Manager 2. The game promoted installation to main directory properly. Windows 10.

- International Leaderboards weren’t showing player names or values. GAA field had a season value of 9999.00. Didn’t change even after the World Cup games were finished.

- Font error with overlapping “Total” and Years” to the far left of the team leaderboards. Can’t remember if this was international team leaderboards or specific to teams in the NHL.

- Difficulty reading coach ratings – white text with a light green or yellow background is hard to look at first glance. Not like the player screens where the ratings have black text.

- Had to manually enable facegen after game creation even though facegen was turned on by default in the settings.

- In the contract portion of the player screen there should be a little more room to have the team rights and league a little more readable. It can be hard to read with the text cut off.

- Some player ratings were greater than 20. Intentional?

- Historical international data would be nice to have for goal leaders, etc.

- When the game is created, it doesn’t advance injuries until the game hands over control. i.e Duncan Keith had a 75 day injury on 9/1 and 9/17. Didn’t decrease until I actually hit continue following the game set-up. Maybe intentional.

- When assigning player training, Patrick Kane’s development was supposedly hindered due to not playing with higher competition. He’s a pretty great player, but players shouldn’t be hindered for great play at the highest level. This concept may need to be adjusted.

- Mental Training had black text against a black background which was hard to read. Other training categories are in white.

- When I clock on the “offer contract” action for a player but don’t actually offer anything, the game still lists that as a pending offer with $0. Just a visual issue I think.

- Saw some Jim Unknowns in the beginning of the game. For example, NHL Draft Entry Log Pick 83 Chicago Blackhawks. Pick 83 was listed twice, one with a real player and another with a Jim Unknown.

- The clear lines action won’t clear roles unless I back out of the lines screen and go back.

- It seems like the AI can assign player roles when the human can’t. For example for 4 on 3, the AI was able to assign a player as a two way forward role, but I wasn’t able to replicate it manually.

- Play-by-play text can cut off the screen at times. 1920 * 1080 resolution. 22 inch screen.

- In an actual game – when the other team commits a penalty – I can’t choose my special team lines. It just prompts me with the regular 5 on 5 lines, but if I select my top 5 on 5 line my power play line will go to the game. Hope this is clear.

Thoughts
- Interface looks much crisper. Like how the messages are grouped together by day.

- Love the buttons in the home screen that take them to expanded views of the sub-windows. E.g. the standings sub-window has a white bottom toward the bottom that takes me to the league standings page. Good touch.

- Right clicking goes back to the last screen. Yay!

- Would be nice to have player rating numbers color coded when looking at the roster screen.

- Will teams always start with the lowest level of tactical familiarity when beginning a new game or taking over a team? I was surprised to see that my team had one dot of tactical familiarity for all tactics at the start. Did they forget what they used last year?

- I love the tactical revamp, but I think it could be interfaced better. For example, I’d like to know the number of expected offensive forwards vs. two way forwards vs. grinders for a given offensive tactic. Only way to look at this now is adjusting lines and player roles.

- Would like to see a screen in the player profile that details how good a player is at any given player role in the game. I want to be able to look at a roster and determine how much of a given role I have along with the quantity. This would be REALLY useful for signing big name free agents to make sure they will fit in properly with my team tactics.

- This will always be worked on but sim speed does get in the way of play a little bit; at least when compared to how spoiled I am with OOTP. I know the sim speed is actually in line with Football Manager (I don’t play but have seen Youtube videos), but day-by-day simming does feel sluggish. Interacting with all the different screens in the game is quick, but the slower sim speed can be a bit jarring. A ton of data to process
- totally get it - might just have to get used to it.

- The screen when simulating seems a bit empty if there aren’t game scheduled. Might be useful to include stats and standings. Could be a sacrifice for sim speed.

Last edited by Mecza; 10-19-2016 at 12:42 PM.
Mecza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 12:38 PM   #2
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Thanks for the feedback. Good stuff

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote