Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 17 > OOTP 17 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 17 - General Discussions Everything about the latest Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 10-03-2016, 09:40 PM   #1
mwbigg
Bat Boy

162 game schedule despite setting 81 game season

I have a schedule problem. Before starting the season, I set the number of games to 81. After a month into the season, I looked at the schedule and saw that it was 162 games. As the season reached 70-75 games, notifications started coming out that teams clinched divisions or a wild card. Yet, nothing happened at the 81 game mark. The only option was to keep playing the next game on the schedule. So, I did this for a few games and now I've played 83 games. Any helpful comments or suggestions?

Last edited by mwbigg; 10-04-2016 at 10:48 AM. Reason: I wanted to add the first sentence to increase searchability
mwbigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 09:57 PM   #2
polydamas
All Star Reserve

It sounds like you forgot to delete the old schedule and regenerate a new one.
polydamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 10:46 AM   #3
mwbigg
Bat Boy

Well, this is my first time playing and I set up a new game. So, was there really an old schedule I should have deleted? And, why is the game listing teams as having already clinched playoff spots at this point?

Thanks for any help you all have and can give?
Old 10-04-2016, 11:47 AM   #4
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

there's some fine print on that page that mentions you need to generate a new schedule anytime you make changes. If you did this during game creation process, and it occured, i'd mention it in the bugs forum.

so, back on that settings page, you type in your new ruels for the schedule, click the "available actions", see if it has a generate schedule option, i forget.

if not: click edit schedule. now the available actions dropdown will have a "generate fictional schedule" option.

* balanced schedule with an odd # of teams will not generate a suitable schedule, in most people's opinion. not sure if any other settings combinations cause issues.

Check out the schedules forum. there is a sticky with a master list and links to all the various homemade schedules. pop that file into your ..\data\schedules directory and instead of generate a schedule, select import from file. (use the filter button or you will be skimming through 100's of schedule files all named in a visually similar way)

Last edited by NoOne; 10-04-2016 at 11:50 AM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 10:21 AM   #5
mwbigg
Bat Boy

Short-Term Solution

Thanks for your help. I also researched the issue. But, it seemed that all of the recommendations could only be undertaken during game creation or the preseason. After some out-of-the-box thinking, however, I came up with a short-term solution.

I simply went into the league editor and manually deleted most of the remaining games. Although this did leave most of August and September without any games, I achieved the short-run result of reducing the schedule while in-season.
Old 10-06-2016, 08:21 PM   #6
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

Basically, what happened is that OOTP failed to generate a schedule with an odd number of games, but the clinching logic still assumed teams were playing 81 games. The same issue happens in the NL in 1961 historicals, to a lesser extent.

As a sidenote, what's your league alignment?
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote