Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 17 > OOTP 17 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 17 - General Discussions Everything about the latest Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 04-25-2016, 01:01 AM   #1
Mike Lowe
Hall Of Famer

2 Questions: Replays and Fatigue

First, loving the game. If you don't already own OOTP 17, you're nuts!

I notice that replays don't look and read as crisp as last year's game. Is that because of 3D? Is there a way to at least get the replays of games to flow more smoothly and show the simple ball animation like last year? What I see now is a still image of the 3D stadium, no animations, and some choppier-than-usual text to read. This is probably just some setting that needs adjusting???

As for fatigue, it seems normal/default never has guys needing days off, rarely even my C. However, increasing fatigue has guys needing 2 days off in a week. Perhaps I'm still too early in the season still? We play along w the real life schedule.
Old 04-25-2016, 08:40 AM   #2
Mike Lowe
Hall Of Famer

Third question: How come the game recaps and/or win probability chart does not appear in every box score? I've seen it where they're both present, one or the other, and neither. Totally random it seems.

These are all for online leagues, fwiw.
Old 04-25-2016, 08:45 AM   #3
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe View Post
Third question: How come the game recaps and/or win probability chart does not appear in every box score? I've seen it where they're both present, one or the other, and neither. Totally random it seems.

These are all for online leagues, fwiw.
Make sure they're enabled in league setup. (Note - recaps are not included for play-off games yet)
Attached Images
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 08:47 AM   #4
Mike Lowe
Hall Of Famer

They are activated. I have no idea why they are sporadically appearing and then not appearing.
Old 04-27-2016, 04:48 AM   #5
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

*** this would only apply if you are not backing up to the exact same directory everytime. otherwise the incremental backup is not the cause of your missing news/boxscores type stuff.***

are you by change restoring a back up when they disappear, and only from dates played before the restore?

start using "full copy" or similarly named option when backing up...
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 11:42 AM   #6
Mike Lowe
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne View Post
*** this would only apply if you are not backing up to the exact same directory everytime. otherwise the incremental backup is not the cause of your missing news/boxscores type stuff.***

are you by change restoring a back up when they disappear, and only from dates played before the restore?

start using "full copy" or similarly named option when backing up...
Hmmm, I'm not entirely sure. I'm a bit confused by that comment.

Maybe having a co-commish who also sims a few times a week (and might use a different backup folder?) could be the culprit?
Old 05-08-2016, 09:24 PM   #7
Mike Lowe
Hall Of Famer

I wanted to follow up on the replay feature. Replays just seem very regressed from last year's version:

1) Why do I see a score appear in the innings section before a play is actually shown via text? I like to see the counts each batter is working, but this spoiler makes it hard to do as you end up seeing any scoring plays before they happen. This did not happen in OOTP 16.

2) There is no ball animation in replays, unlike last year's game.

3) The text is very minimal, unlike OOTP 16.

4) There are random times I'll have to just click Continue...Continue...Continue...Continue...Contin ue. I'm assuming these are throw overs for baserunners, but no indication. Not like that in last year's game.

Is this because I'm watching replays with the 3D image background? Is there a way to NOT do this if it's causing issues?

Thanks!
Old 05-08-2016, 09:28 PM   #8
Number4
Major Leagues

The 3D version is supposed to be used with the short PBP commentary. The long PBP is for the old view.
Number4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 09:29 PM   #9
Mike Lowe
Hall Of Famer

Right, I do that, but I don't think I can switch the view anyway in replays, can I?