Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 17 > OOTP 17 - General Discussions

OOTP 17 - General Discussions Everything about the latest Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 04-03-2016, 01:40 PM   #1
skunkle333
All Star Reserve

1st game 2016 HELP

Ok...all excited. Installed new patch after uninstalling game yesterday and then installing again to be ready for today.

Sitting here adjusting the opening day rosters for my Cards/Pirates game. Set the lineups. Everything ok.

Did the option settings and then started the game. : ( Pirate lineup is fine.
Cardinal lineup was crazy with Holliday leading off.

Could not find a way to get out of it so did the Ctrl/alt/delete.

I booted the game again and thank goodness it didn't save the setups of 2016. It was the 2016 I've messed with the last few days waiting for the new patch. Today I started 2016 all over with a different name so that's good. I'm just trying to figure out if there is a flaw in the 3D game or if it's something I did in setting and starting the 2016 updated season.

I didn't choose to be manager of any team because when I went to adjust the rosters of Cards/Pirates it wouldn't let me. I hit that spot (forget where it was) where I could change stuff on any team and did the rosters and then went to setup and start the first game.

Should I have picked a team to run before then? Was there something I was to do after I set the Cards lineup that I missed? Both teams were on human control.

Sorry to be a bother...just very disappointed. I enjoy playing along with the live game on TV but that is out. : ) Guess I goofed up somewhere. That has been my history with OOTP for years.

Any suggestions would be appreciated but it doesn't have to be now. I'm taking a rest from this for now.

Don't forget to try PStrickert's great 1959 World Series Quickstart Mod for V12 & V11 !! At Padresfan's site.
skunkle333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 02:59 PM   #2
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

I'm not sure I understand, Jack. Do you want to prevent the AI from making lineup changes? Go to: League Settings > Functions > Roster Functions (middle of screen). Scroll down to: "set all teams to controlled by [your name]". But what I really think you're interested in is single-game lineup changes. If you want to control lineups during gameplay, you can use the pre-game options to take control of any or all managerial decisions. You can do it for both teams if you're in commissioner mode. Once you click "start game", you can then switch the managerial decision-making back to the original managers. I just tried it, so I know it works. The lineup changes I made for both teams stuck. Let me know if you still run into any problems.
pstrickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 04:16 PM   #3
skunkle333
All Star Reserve

Thanks for your time Paul. It's always me with a problem.

I'll print your advice but I think I did all that. I used the human control for both teams...set up lineups for the game and then presto the Cards lineup was messed up when the game started. I took a good break and then went to setup the season again with the Steam version of the game.

I just started the first inning and everything is fine. When setting up the league I went ahead and chose the Cards for my team and then went into the file where it basically says I can manage any team.

So things are just fine now. I'll review your advice and make sure I'm doing all of that. There are just SO many items and pages and notes that this old man messes up too much. I know in the long run I may have to go back again to a simpler pc baseball game.

But on the Steam version it looks great and of course I really love the 3D play and looks.

Thanks again for your help.

Don't forget to try PStrickert's great 1959 World Series Quickstart Mod for V12 & V11 !! At Padresfan's site.
skunkle333 is offline   Reply With Quote