Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 17 > OOTP 17 - General Discussions

OOTP 17 - General Discussions Everything about the latest Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-13-2016, 02:47 AM   #21
webrian
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kq76 View Post
1) Maybe that's a stratomatic and not an OOTP thing, but I suspect we will see similar results. If we do see the deadball teams get destroyed then maybe someone will come up with a way that balances the eras instead of just giving a full on advantage to the top seed for next time. It's too bad because I really would like to see those 1905 Giants get a shot at all those later teams on a level playing field.

2) That's interesting you say that about the 80s teams because, when watching the youtube video of the top 12, those were the only two teams that I said to myself, "really?". I figured I just must be discounting 80s teams for some reason because when I looked back at those teams they did look pretty good, but maybe you're on to something. I look forward to seeing how they do as well.
I think the OOTP designers (Markus and Co.) did implement a sort of "home-ERA advantage" so that, for example, if a 1990s team plays a deadball era team in the deadball-era settings, then they'd both act more or less like deadball teams, and a deadball team playing in the 1990s would act more like a 1990s team. That will be very interesting to see. It was impossible to do that with Strat O Matic.

Having grown up in the 80s, I held those 1984 Tigers and 1986 Mets in very high regard. I was kind of in awe of them. But I couldn't rouse them to play the way I remembered them. In 32 games with the 1984 Tigers (against the 1922 Giants, 1977 Dodgers, 1957 Braves, 1924 Senators), they went 9-23. The 1986 Mets fared only a little better, going around 12-20.

In all fairness, though, those 1922 Giants can really rake the ball.
webrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 01:17 PM   #22
vegaspomeranians
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammercraft View Post
They all fall to an '82 Brewers team with a healthy Rollie Fingers
That team was one of my favorite teams when I was young.
vegaspomeranians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 01:26 PM   #23
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

Wait... no Blue Jays?

The only team(s) to win the World Series outside of the U.S. didn't even make the final ballot?

I guess you needed room for even more Yankees teams...

````````````````````````````````````````

rpriske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 08:40 PM   #24
nokmirt
Minors (Single A)

What are the other four teams that were chosen?
nokmirt is offline   Reply With Quote