Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - Historical Simulations

OOTP 16 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 03-09-2016, 10:08 PM   #181
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Have a question. I'm really liking the stat output using 1984, except for one thing strikeouts. I'm getting one guy each season with over 300 strikeouts and I'm not talking about guys just reaching 300, they are doing it and then some. 1985 Pat Malone 352. 1986 Pat Malone 362. 1987 Pat Malone 352. 1988 was only 271 for Bill Singer, but 1989 has Lefty Gomez with 379 with the possibility of 2 more starts. Overall, it looks like teams are whiffing about 100 more than the average real 84 team.

How would I go about lowering strikeouts? Like I said above, I like what I'm getting in other categories, but 300 K's should be rare, not an every year thing.
David Watts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 11:43 PM   #182
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Watts View Post
Have a question. I'm really liking the stat output using 1984, except for one thing strikeouts. I'm getting one guy each season with over 300 strikeouts and I'm not talking about guys just reaching 300, they are doing it and then some. 1985 Pat Malone 352. 1986 Pat Malone 362. 1987 Pat Malone 352. 1988 was only 271 for Bill Singer, but 1989 has Lefty Gomez with 379 with the possibility of 2 more starts. Overall, it looks like teams are whiffing about 100 more than the average real 84 team.

How would I go about lowering strikeouts? Like I said above, I like what I'm getting in other categories, but 300 K's should be rare, not an every year thing.
Hmmm...That's odd. I have 4 inividual 300 K seasons (H. Score 369 in 1904; L. Gomez 327 in 1916; L. Gomez 316 in 1914; H. Score 310 in 1903) in 35 seasons of play in mine, and I have not had one in the last 19 seasons. I wonder if it's starting to reflect the higher K times that you're actually playing through. Maybe it'll settle down on its own, maybe it won't. Remember you've only just started to use 1984 (what is it six seasons now?). Maybe it'll continue to shake out on its own.

I used to monkey with the LTMs, but I've let it go and accept what comes now. You can play with the LTM for strikeouts, but be very gentle with it - it's very sensitive and you might go too far the other way if you don't watch it (that's what caused me to stop messing with LTMs - offense started to get a little too hot - I'm going through a period that was quite offensive IRL right now, but it seems to have calmed down again - hopefully that'll happen for you - best I can offer for now). Hope it sorts itself out for you. *fingers crossed*
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 08:55 AM   #183
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Lefty Gomez update. Start number 34 of the season saw him whiff only 4 batters to bring his total to 383. He followed that up with a 15 k outing in his next start and now has 398 for the season. There are 5 games left, so he could very well(shouldn't because his team has already clinched and the game he would pitch would push him back in the World Series, but this is OOTP and I don't use expanded rosters)whiff 400+ for the season.

I think before I tamper with the LTM's I want to try autocalc. I'm thinking that might help. 1984 had normal K numbers, it's the seasons following that have been getting a little out of hand. Do you run autocalc and if so, when do you run it?
Old 03-10-2016, 08:57 AM   #184
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Todd Helton is 5 games away from winning the Triple Crown. He has a healthy lead in the batting race and RBI, but is only 2 (41-39) ahead of Steve Balboni in home runs. I'm pulling for him.
Old 03-10-2016, 01:52 PM   #185
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Lefty Gomez update. Start number 34 of the season saw him whiff only 4 batters to bring his total to 383. He followed that up with a 15 k outing in his next start and now has 398 for the season. There are 5 games left, so he could very well(shouldn't because his team has already clinched and the game he would pitch would push him back in the World Series, but this is OOTP and I don't use expanded rosters)whiff 400+ for the season.

I think before I tamper with the LTM's I want to try autocalc. I'm thinking that might help. 1984 had normal K numbers, it's the seasons following that have been getting a little out of hand. Do you run autocalc and if so, when do you run it?
The way to get 1984 numbers constantly happening is to input "1984" in the "Totals from year" box every year on the day before Opening Day. I never touch the auto-calc box, just input "1984" in the "Totals from year" box every year on the day before Opening Day. It's works so well, I said it twice. Make it part of your beginning of the season ritual and you shouldn't see these issues again.
Old 03-10-2016, 01:56 PM   #186
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson View Post
The way to get 1984 numbers constantly happening is to input "1984" in the "Totals from year" box every year on the day before Opening Day. I never touch the auto-calc box, just input "1984" in the "Totals from year" box every year on the day before Opening Day. It's works so well, I said it twice. Make it part of your beginning of the season ritual and you shouldn't see these issues again.
So do you have the box for import historical modifiers checked? I unchecked that after the 1984 season, so it wouldn't proceed to 1985 modifiers.
Old 03-10-2016, 01:59 PM   #187
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
So do you have the box for import historical modifiers checked? I unchecked that after the 1984 season, so it wouldn't proceed to 1985 modifiers.
Nope. I don't have that box checked and I don't have import strategy settings checked either, or PCMs. The only one I do have checked is financials, but I always seem to have to update those, and I do that on the first day of the pre-season.
Old 03-10-2016, 02:41 PM   #188
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Woot! Woot! Shoeless Joe Jackson and Mark McGwire coming into the game. Hall of Fame level players who will never get there IRL due to their transgressions. Also Kevin Millwood, Clay Buchholz, Tom Henke, LHRP Mike Stanton, Ian Kennedy, Shane Victorino, Milton Bradley, Tom Herr.
Old 03-10-2016, 11:01 PM   #189
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

1936 Draft includes Pedro J Martinez, Ozzie Smith, along with other notables such as Corey Kluber, Bobby Thomson, Dave Stewart and Gregg Zaun.
Old 03-10-2016, 11:41 PM   #190
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

...Also Mickey Mantle's string of five straight MVP awards from 1931-1935 will end in 1936 after he sustained a herniated disc in his neck on August 1st of 1936. He's still in the discussion, but he will not win it.

...And I finally have a 300 game winner as Steve Carlton reached the milestone on April 15th, 1936, and finished the year with 312 wins following his age 40 season.

Reggie Smith is closing in on 600 HR, as he reached 596 this year. My HR leaderboard is now: Frank Robinson 643, Reggie Smith 596, Mike Schmidt 527, Rocky Colavito 517, Dave Kingman 511, and Darryl Strawberry 511.

Hits leaderboard: Frank Robinson 3,578, Reggie Smith 3,305, Ken Griffey Sr. 3,256, Derrek Lee 3,197, Tillie Shaffer 3,022.
Old 03-12-2016, 08:04 AM   #191
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Looks like my league bit the dust. Mariano Duncan is locked into May 1st 1991 and his stats just keep compiling for that day. He is now 10-24 for May 1st and rising. UGH
Old 03-12-2016, 12:53 PM   #192
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Looks like my league bit the dust. Mariano Duncan is locked into May 1st 1991 and his stats just keep compiling for that day. He is now 10-24 for May 1st and rising. UGH
I forced retired him. Single game records are screwed up for hits and at bats in a game, but I think I will keep going.
Old 03-12-2016, 01:54 PM   #193
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Whoa! Haven't seen or heard of that one before. Is it happening with anyone else?
Old 03-12-2016, 02:22 PM   #194
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson View Post
Whoa! Haven't seen or heard of that one before. Is it happening with anyone else?
He is the only one I've noticed. Very strange. Not sure what would even trigger it.
Old 03-12-2016, 03:25 PM   #195
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
He is the only one I've noticed. Very strange. Not sure what would even trigger it.
I went in and checked my game after that, but couldn't find anything like it. Bizarre. Hope it doesn't happen again.
Old 03-12-2016, 03:40 PM   #196
MarkInCincy
All Star Reserve

How many seasons? What settings do you have for stats detail, history, and transactions, etc for saving/keeping?
Old 03-12-2016, 03:57 PM   #197
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkInCincy View Post
How many seasons? What settings do you have for stats detail, history, and transactions, etc for saving/keeping?
I started in 1946 and I'm in 1991. Stat keeping set to normal detail. Save daily during season and then once a year during offseason.
Old 03-12-2016, 04:55 PM   #198
MarkInCincy
All Star Reserve

Can you restore from a backup before the issue started?
Old 03-12-2016, 04:59 PM   #199
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkInCincy View Post
Can you restore from a backup before the issue started?
I have no backup. The only thing it really messed up was the single game records for at bats and hits in a game. Not that big a deal. Duncan was 39 and close to the end anyway.
Old 03-13-2016, 03:23 PM   #200
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Decided to sim ahead some, I'm now in 1995. Ivan Rodriguez and Wade Boggs joined the 3000 hits club. Ken Griffey Jr. retired with 496 home runs, passing Vlad Guerrero(477) to become the new all time leader. Will I ever get a 500 guy? New members to the Hall are Johnny Mize, Ty Cobb, Dave Parker, Patrick Corbin, Cecil Fielder and Wade Boggs.

Fielder getting in is a complete mystery. Lifetime .255 hitter, 2241 hits, 1265 runs, 454 home runs, 1427 RBI 41.0 WAR. 38.1 JAWs(HOF~50) Black Ink 32(HOF~24) Gray Ink 124 (HOF~134) HOF Standard 37(HOF~53)HOF Monitor 116(HOF~142). He did have 2 MVP season, 1977 and 1979. In 77 he hit 59 home runs and drove in 161, both league records. 4 career silver slugger awards. He won 4 rings, earning World Series MVP honors in 1977.

Have tons of studs in the league right now, with Ted Williams topping the list. He came in for the 95 season.

Oh and Bob Buhl came in for the 1995 season as well. Not a big, but he's from Saginaw Michigan and my dad went to high school with him. . He also pitched for the short lived Saginaw Bears.