Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts

Old 06-12-2014, 11:18 AM   #1
ThatSeventiesGuy
Hall Of Famer

2014 Opening Day quickstart with Independent leagues added.

Here's something some of you might be interested in: 2014 quickstart, with all international leagues and the six independent leagues. Every player I could find in the database is on the rosters. Some leagues, like Atlantic, have full or almost full rosters. American Association is about 2/3 full, Frontier and Can-Am about half, Pecos and United have only a very few. So, you can edit the other guys in yourself, fill the rosters with fictional players, or use ghost players, your choice.

Uniforms for almost every team (excepting DSL squads) are included, and facegens are complete for MLB, ***, AAA, and AA teams. All teams use Justafan's glossy logos.

Enjoy!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/auf9ms5zb3...2014.quick.zip

Last edited by ThatSeventiesGuy; 06-12-2014 at 11:20 AM.
ThatSeventiesGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 11:59 AM   #2
JohnHoward
All Star Reserve

Thanks for putting this together. I may take a shot at this one. Much appreciated!
JohnHoward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 12:10 PM   #3
nutt
OOTP Roster Team

Be sure to check the schedules page as I have all of the independent league schedules

I've been putting this together myself But I don't have a lot of time like I did to do this.
nutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 03:45 PM   #4
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Hey, thanks man! Great work!

I've been working on adding all the indy league guys to the db. Will do some more on that soon. Hopefully by the end of summer or so all these guys will be in the db. Then it'll be time to try to convince Markus to let us add the indy leagues officially next year...

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 06-13-2014 at 10:45 PM.
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 06:11 PM   #5
MUFC1878
All Star Reserve

Great work.

Btw, not sure if anyone else is seeing this, but the player creation options for some of the indies are acting up. They have low quality nations listed, and the US won't even appear after resetting to MLB defaults.
MUFC1878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 08:09 AM   #6
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Thanks/was needed and it make more interesting unretire all the Retired so we can see where like Randy Johnson,Sammy Sosa and so on will sign and Retire in 2014. Maybe also put on the Trading Bock Jeff S. And so on.

Last edited by mgom27; 06-13-2014 at 08:11 AM.
mgom27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 11:22 AM   #7
ThatSeventiesGuy
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC1878 View Post
Great work.

Btw, not sure if anyone else is seeing this, but the player creation options for some of the indies are acting up. They have low quality nations listed, and the US won't even appear after resetting to MLB defaults.
Is this a latest patch thing? I actually didn't download that one, but if you did, might affect it. Haven't tried creating anybody from scratch yet, though, so it might be from before the last patch.
Old 06-14-2014, 03:54 PM   #8
MUFC1878
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatSeventiesGuy View Post
Is this a latest patch thing? I actually didn't download that one, but if you did, might affect it. Haven't tried creating anybody from scratch yet, though, so it might be from before the last patch.
Yeah, might be. I'm using the latest patch. But not a big deal since I can set those indys to not generate new players.
MUFC1878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 09:16 AM   #9
JohnHoward
All Star Reserve

Maybe I don't understand how indy leagues are supposed to work. I loaded up the QS with no problems, created my human manager and started as GM for the St. Paul Saints. Signed personnel with no problem. Went to sign FA but no players in the FA pool. When I changed the league to ML, about 1000 FA's were there but there was no option to sign them.

Went back to American Association, and tried to run the pre-configured inaugural draft. No players in the draft pool. Completed the draft with no players taken and advanced a day. The game made me the manager of the St. Louis Cardinals. I had to quit the Cardinals job and reapply for St. Paul.

If necessary I can go to commissioner mode and manually move players to my roster from FA, but I though I would be able to sign them as FA in the normal way. Did I miss a setting or is this how it works?

Thanks and sorry for the long post.

Last edited by JohnHoward; 06-15-2014 at 09:18 AM.
Old 06-15-2014, 01:07 PM   #10
ThatSeventiesGuy
Hall Of Famer

You might have to edit the FAs onto the teams you want them on. That's what I did for the players I included on the Indy teams' rosters. A bit of a pain, but it works.

I think there's a setting to allow for trades between leagues or whatnot. I've never done a real quickstart like this before, so I didn't really know what I was doing, I'm afraid. Sorry!
Old 06-15-2014, 05:02 PM   #11
JohnHoward
All Star Reserve

Quote:
You might have to edit the FAs onto the teams you want them on. That's what I did for the players I included on the Indy teams' rosters. A bit of a pain, but it works.

I think there's a setting to allow for trades between leagues or whatnot. I've never done a real quickstart like this before, so I didn't really know what I was doing, I'm afraid. Sorry!
Aw, man, I was relying on you!

No worries, you did a great job. It was tons of work to set up. I will play around with settings until I get something going. Thanks for making the QS!
Old 06-18-2014, 09:36 PM   #12
ashantewarrier
Hall Of Famer

Thanks!
-Jackie Robinson, #42 Brooklyn Dodgers

"Hitting is better than sex." - Reggie Jackson
ashantewarrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 03:55 PM   #13
ashantewarrier
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Just edit your league settings to allow FA's to leave and be signed by other leagues.
-Jackie Robinson, #42 Brooklyn Dodgers

"Hitting is better than sex." - Reggie Jackson
ashantewarrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 09:52 AM   #14
JohnHoward
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashantewarrier View Post
Just edit your league settings to allow FA's to leave and be signed by other leagues.
Yep, already found it but thanks for the tip.
Old 07-14-2014, 11:49 PM   #15
Hockey13Playa
Hall Of Famer

Does this Quick start have financials, and all league settings, awards, feeder leagues, etc that accurately mimic the MLB? Being new since OOTP14 I still have some issues with accurately setting all that up as realistic as possible.

Thanks!
Hockey13Playa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 10:59 AM   #16
ThatSeventiesGuy
Hall Of Famer

The quick answer is "no"...see above post about not knowing what I was doing.
Old 07-15-2014, 11:08 AM   #17
Hockey13Playa
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The quick answer is "no"...see above post about not knowing what I was doing.
Haha darn! I'm in the same boat; I started in OOTP14 but want to start a new game modern day with OOTP15. Looking for the most realistic setup possible but I don't know what I'm doing when trying to "configure" the slew of options available!
Hockey13Playa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 03:53 PM   #18
Kammich
Minors (Single A)

Theoretically thinking... I really like that you added some of the indies, and also players (although I can't say I went through them all or checked to see if the players are on said rosters, etc.) and the logos and all are very nice.
My only question would be this, I guess:
Can I export the rosters, teams, and league structures and then re-import them into the new update w/ the roster update?

In a nutshell, I really like this start-up as a mold, but I don't really prefer to create and adjust all of the roster things (where the recent update has some nice fixes, Rustnee as a FA among others- and in general, I like the player pool more....)....

OR, would it be easier or more realistic (as far goes any saved time) to just import the player pool from that league's structure (the one I have setup, just minus the indie leagues you have added)? I don't imagine it would simply land each player in their respective orgs, or overwrite the teams w/ all of the settings in this start up if I did that..or would it?
I'm picturing a lot of players just defaulting to the FA pool and then multiple teams if I tried that way. I want to try to kind of make a "frankenstein" version of the two- using the new rosters from the update, while keeping this mold- but don't know how the most efficient way to do this would be? It would simply be opening day, w/ all the added perks from the update and then your additions into this quickstart all in one package....and from there I do understand a lot of the rulings and little bits/pieces as far as helping some of you guys understand how to get it going in the most or least realistic ways (including financials etc. and I would share my suggested settings for MLB finances, but I feel that tinkering with them will help out the most for most as everyone has a slight preference there).

If anyone can kinda help me out or help me understand this and if it's at all possible?... thanks guys- I'd release mine as a quickstart once/if this proves possible, too, and assemble it myself assuming it's up to par for release. I really like the idea of adding the indie leagues, ESPECIALLY with so many FA in the pool who are just toiling, and otherwise might retire due to simply not breaking into the MLB or even minor league systems. That's a nice premise, if teams would start signing these lesser players and instead of seeing them retire, maybe a Chris Colabello situation will unfold more often and we'll see these ex-prospects migrating to the bigs later on. As for old guys ie Clemens, I think manual placement would be necessary there... but easy enough either way.