Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions

Old 05-21-2012, 03:02 AM   #1
duari91
Bat Boy

Legacy Feature?

I am not in anyway expecting a feature like this in the game. However, I do believe it may be a good idea to have a "legacy" feature to the game.

Imagine starting your hockey career in a be a pro type mode at 14 years old. Playing through lower leagues all the way up to juniors. You make your own decisions, and practice as much as you desire. When your career is over, you will be given the choice to become a general manager and continue your "legacy". You will then be able to start the normal manager portion of the game.

What does everyone think of an idea like this? Do you think it would be fun? If so, do you think it could ever be implemented?
duari91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 11:59 PM   #2
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

there's already a game like this and it's quite boring. The problem is that it's not made for a stat based game. It's simply a mode made for EAs NHL series (unfortunately they don't spend the time it desperatly needs)

However, i'd like to have the ability to control one player on where he plays only (while at the same time being a GM). I'd like to make him choose to play College or CHL and choose how long his contracts are (that are offered by clubs) and to resign or test free agency and seeing the list of contracts offered by the teams. Lets face it, i think alot of us do this with created players from time to time (to the smallest extent we are allowed) but i'd be nice to have it official. But making him practice and watching him play in games and spend attribute points to me is just too much and couldn't be made fun.

Last edited by dave1927p; 05-22-2012 at 12:02 AM.
dave1927p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 03:06 PM   #3
MSUSBSBBTBJ
Minors (Double A)

I think something like this is to much for the first release, but with an editor, something you could do unofficially...

Create a player and then watch how his career unfolds...and upon retirement start as GM as the appropriate level...a guy that flames out wont get a sniff anywhere...solid NHLer should be able to get something in the minors or juniors...lead your team to multiple cups in a HOF career? NHL front office...

Key will be your own house rules...want him to progress through "off season camps"? Just edit it...don't think a guy would go from hoisting The Cup to calling the shots at the draft a few weeks later? Pretend he's an AGM a few years then move him...want to control his free agency? Monitor interested teams and place him where you would want to go...o
It would take more work, yes...and not be as realistic...but with some imagination, it should be doable...
MSUSBSBBTBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 06:38 PM   #4
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSUSBSBBTBJ View Post
Key will be your own house rules...want him to progress through "off season camps"? Just edit it...don't think a guy would go from hoisting The Cup to calling the shots at the draft a few weeks later? Pretend he's an AGM a few years then move him...want to control his free agency? Monitor interested teams and place him where you would want to go...o
It would take more work, yes...and not be as realistic...but with some imagination, it should be doable...
And that's something i was saying i'd hope would get more official in a later version. To have it as an editor is fine for now.

I've always wanted to control one players career though , but not to the extent of the OP. I mean, who doesn't create a player and watch him develop? To have the ability to control his destination and future officially i think it quite awesome.

That's why i play Be A Pro...i love going to free agency and selecting a contract..
Old 05-29-2012, 12:30 AM   #5
MSUSBSBBTBJ
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1927p View Post
And that's something i was saying i'd hope would get more official in a later version. To have it as an editor is fine for now.

I've always wanted to control one players career though , but not to the extent of the OP. I mean, who doesn't create a player and watch him develop? To have the ability to control his destination and future officially i think it quite awesome.

That's why i play Be A Pro...i love going to free agency and selecting a contract..

Almost sounds as if you are looking more from "be an agent" standpoint, which on its own could be interest...

The contract part of this would be the most difficult with the editor though...who is to say whats fair market value? Would the player really take 1M for a shot at the Cup or would he go rot at a bottom feeder that offered him 5 for 43? I guess more accurately, would the virtual you?
MSUSBSBBTBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 05:05 AM   #6
Malte Schwarz

Quote:
Originally Posted by duari91 View Post
Imagine starting your hockey career in a be a pro type mode at 14 years old. Playing through lower leagues all the way up to juniors. You make your own decisions, and practice as much as you desire. When your career is over, you will be given the choice to become a general manager and continue your "legacy". You will then be able to start the normal manager portion of the game.
I think it would be fun to play the career of a player, but I don't think that we will incorporate such a game mode in the near future, because this game mode would be very different to the existing game modes (Gm, Headcoach and Teammanager). Actually it would rather be a separate game.
Malte Schwarz is offline   Reply With Quote