Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-18-2012, 08:13 PM   #1
WillieMaysHayes
Minors (Double A)

Will Recalc be an option?

Just trying to generate some interest from some guys to put a league together - will there be recalc? Will we have the option to start a league with the original 6 (1942)?

Thanks in advance for replies.
WillieMaysHayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 12:09 PM   #2
Malte Schwarz

What do you mean with recalc?
We will try to incorporate an historical mode, but only for the NHL.
Malte Schwarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 07:06 PM   #3
JeffR
FHM Producer

He means the option in OOTP that readjusts the players every season so they produce realistic statistics for the era - few home runs in the dead-ball era, for example, or many of them in the steroid years.

Something with a similar effect will probably be needed in the hockey game, but mechanically it would have to be pretty different since the player ratings aren't going to be as stats-driven as in OOTP. My first thought would be to do something simple like adjust the baseline shooting/save percentages every season according to the historical results, which should do a lot to get the historical scoring levels correct. The frequency at which second assists are given would be another easy one to adjust to get individual point totals right.

Edit: actually, I guess the question may have been more directed at the way recalc readjusts the player ratings so they perform very similarly year-to-year as in their actual careers. The method I suggested in the historical thread in the research forum does that.

Last edited by JeffR; 02-20-2012 at 07:14 PM.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 10:19 PM   #4
drewst18
Minors (Double A)

Great question

Personally, I am not too concerned with historical significance but just in general making sure the stats are accurate.

I apologize for comparing this to EHM, but its going to happen.

In EHM on average the leader of the league is around 170 points a season, Goals are way too high, goalie stats are way too low.

It would be awesome to have a way to edit tendencies so that we can play in todays defensive trap style game or if wanted play in free flowing high scoring 80's style.
drewst18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 03:24 PM   #5
lubongo
Bat Boy

apologies for repost.

Last edited by lubongo; 02-28-2012 at 10:54 AM. Reason: repost.
lubongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 01:45 PM   #6
lubongo
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewst18 View Post
In EHM on average the leader of the league is around 170 points a season, Goals are way too high, goalie stats are way too low.
This might help: More Realistic NHL Database? EHM The Blue Line. It's not perfect but it's definitely usable.
lubongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 08:08 PM   #7
WillieMaysHayes
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Edit: actually, I guess the question may have been more directed at the way recalc readjusts the player ratings so they perform very similarly year-to-year as in their actual careers. The method I suggested in the historical thread in the research forum does that.
Thanks - that's definitely what I meant.

I want the option to run a historical league with the 3 year recalc as in OOTP. I'd like the stats/performance to somewhat be reflective of a player's career. If anyone has played a historical game in OOTP with the 3 year recalc on, they know what I am suggesting.

I agree also on the trap era....Not sure if there were other eras like that in the history of the NHL though. I guess the 80's could be described as hockey's heydey with a lot of scoring. I've actually never looked at league-wide stats over the years.

I feel like there's a lot of ideas being thrown around right now for this hockey league, but if you want to sell it to guys that like to play historical leagues in OOTP, the recalc leagues I think are a must to sell the game to those folks.

Last edited by WillieMaysHayes; 02-26-2012 at 08:10 PM.
WillieMaysHayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 09:51 PM   #8
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillieMaysHayes View Post
Thanks - that's definitely what I meant.

I want the option to run a historical league with the 3 year recalc as in OOTP. I'd like the stats/performance to somewhat be reflective of a player's career. If anyone has played a historical game in OOTP with the 3 year recalc on, they know what I am suggesting..
Yeah, I know exactly what you mean, that's how I usually play OOTP. While the hockey game won't be able to do it exactly the same way, since the historical database can't be as stats-driven, I'd like to see it work on a similar principle - model a guy's performance in a year according to how he did in that general era of his career.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote